Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510 Wifi Soft Brick - Urgent

Search This thread

eddiemiller21

Dec 22, 2012
I think I soft brick my device, after formatting and wiping data using recovery mode, when powering on the device it's stuck with the Samsung Logo I've tried to download a firmwire from sanmobile website but it seems that my firmware file is not found:

http://dl.sammobile.com/JF9cQlk5PyQ...FLDRoYU05MXlBK/P7510JKLP3_P7510ILOLP1_ILO.zip

When connecting the device to the computer I can't see it in "My Computer" but Odin is recognize him, please advice!

anguslaw

Jan 14, 2007
no need to worry , just download anyone of the stock firmwares and flash with odin is alright.

eddiemiller21

Dec 22, 2012
Yes manged to return the original Samsung rom. The problem is that I'm having only total of 2GIG space on my SD card. Any advise?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

anguslaw

Jan 14, 2007
You mean after all these procedure, you still have only 2gb space? If this is the case, I suggest you flash stock firmware with Odin. Then format the SD card.
I am not an expert but it works for me.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eddiemiller21

Dec 22, 2012
You had the same issue? Can you please elaborate more on what exactly flash stock format?

anguslaw

Jan 14, 2007
You had the same issue? Can you please elaborate more on what exactly flash stock format?

Here is the procedure of what I did:
1) copy those file I wanted to back up to my pc
2) boot into download mode, flash stock frimware which I downloaded from sammobile.com( see the attached pic) using Odin
3) boot into download mode ( see attached pic) again, press the left volume button , and then the right volume button to go into the stock recovery, then wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache, then reboot
3) after boot up, root, flash cwm recovery ( latest version is v6.0.3.1), reboot to cwm recovery and inside mounts and storage manu, choose format /sdcard, then reboot
4) check the storage in the settings to see if it is alright, if so, it's done.
5) go to cwm recovery and backup.
6) you could do whatever you want , if things go wrong, restore the backup image from cwm recovery.

Attachments

• firm.jpg
    firm.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 5DABK.png
    5DABK.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

eddiemiller21

Dec 22, 2012
Here is the procedure of what I did:
1) copy those file I wanted to back up to my pc
2) boot into download mode, flash stock frimware which I downloaded from sammobile.com( see the attached pic) using Odin
3) boot into download mode ( see attached pic) again, press the left volume button , and then the right volume button to go into the stock recovery, then wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache, then reboot
3) after boot up, root, flash cwm recovery ( latest version is v6.0.3.1), reboot to cwm recovery and inside mounts and storage manu, choose format /sdcard, then reboot
4) check the storage in the settings to see if it is alright, if so, it's done.
5) go to cwm recovery and backup.
6) you could do whatever you want , if things go wrong, restore the backup image from cwm recovery.

Hey thank you for the guide!
I follow your instructions but I'm afraid things got wrose, I coudn't find the firmware from: sammobile (P7510 Wifi - Israel)
for some reason File not found so I download it from a diffrent site, and when I'm using Odin to flash this it's failed and I'm getting the message:

<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Nothing is loading now, when booting i'm getting an error:

"firmware updatede encountered an in issue please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"
:crying:

Please advise

eddiemiller21

Dec 22, 2012
Hey thank you for the guide!
I follow your instructions but I'm afraid things got wrose, I coudn't find the firmware from: sammobile (P7510 Wifi - Israel)
for some reason File not found so I download it from a diffrent site, and when I'm using Odin to flash this it's failed and I'm getting the message:

<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Nothing is loading now, when booting i'm getting an error:

"firmware updatede encountered an in issue please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"
:crying:

Please advise

Quick update, I manage to return to the original rom but when I'm unlocking the screen the screen is flickering :(

iZLeeP

Jan 23, 2014
Manila
Quick update, I manage to return to the original rom but when I'm unlocking the screen the screen is flickering :(

Did you flash the full firmware via ODIN? You can download from here, look for the file that belongs to your region.

Otherwise, if you don't want to re-flash firmware, search for a compatible bootloader and flash it in ODIN.