Custom notification alert sounds

Search This thread

wazmo

Jun 3, 2007
Twin Cities
What's truly amazing though, is that there hasn't been a 3rd party app that provides this functionality ever since WP7 and its offspring have been kicking-in Andriod I got tons of thrid-party options for this issue. Even worse-Windows Mobile had apps that did this before they put that platform out to pasture and went down the Windows Phone path.

Add on top of that the addition of Interop Unlock and you are looking at a developer-hostile platform on the level of iOS-except WP8 is no iOS.

Unless the next few Blue updates correct these kinds of deficiencies, I don't see Windows Phone surviving by the start of 2015. Microsoft needs to be reminded that Windows Phone is a Phone-neutering jail that from a feature standpoint even the late lamented Symbian phones had just totally makes WP look like a shiny toy; rather than a serious phone workhorse-after all these things ARE phones at the end of day-take away voice and SMS support and they're nothing but small tablets.

To think that my lowly Nokia N900 does some things that Windows Phone can only dream of ought to make someone go slap Elop and his predecessors upside the head and realize that Maemo and its recent descendents (Meego on the N9, Jolla) actually worked and was a suitable platform to build upon, rather than roll the Redmond dice-especially since WP has other HW vendors in the mix and itsn't exclusive to Nokia-hell, even Nokia's been releasing some of their crown jewels to everyone-WTF?

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
You would think that now that WP runs on the NT Kernel that it would be as simple as update. I mean if a hacker can do it so can they with their team of developers and hackers but for some reason they won't. Does Blackberry 10 or FireFox OS have this function?

gaz@usgermanlawyers.com

Oct 29, 2007
Mesa
www.usgermanlawyers.com
with LTE

What's truly amazing though, is that there hasn't been a 3rd party app that provides this functionality ever since WP7 and its offspring have been kicking-in Andriod I got tons of thrid-party options for this issue. Even worse-Windows Mobile had apps that did this before they put that platform out to pasture and went down the Windows Phone path.

Add on top of that the addition of Interop Unlock and you are looking at a developer-hostile platform on the level of iOS-except WP8 is no iOS.

Unless the next few Blue updates correct these kinds of deficiencies, I don't see Windows Phone surviving by the start of 2015. Microsoft needs to be reminded that Windows Phone is a Phone-neutering jail that from a feature standpoint even the late lamented Symbian phones had just totally makes WP look like a shiny toy; rather than a serious phone workhorse-after all these things ARE phones at the end of day-take away voice and SMS support and they're nothing but small tablets.

To think that my lowly Nokia N900 does some things that Windows Phone can only dream of ought to make someone go slap Elop and his predecessors upside the head and realize that Maemo and its recent descendents (Meego on the N9, Jolla) actually worked and was a suitable platform to build upon, rather than roll the Redmond dice-especially since WP has other HW vendors in the mix and itsn't exclusive to Nokia-hell, even Nokia's been releasing some of their crown jewels to everyone-WTF?

Where did you get the SGH-T899M (ATIV S) w/LTE Band IV support, I have only the Ativ s I8750, interested Does it has the sd slot?

wazmo

Jun 3, 2007
Twin Cities
Where did you get the SGH-T899M (ATIV S) w/LTE Band IV support, I have only the Ativ s I8750, interested Does it has the sd slot?

Expansys sells it; mine was unlocked and was originally provisioned for SaskTel -thankfully, there's no carrier branding or software on it. And yes, it has a microSDXC card and it also uses a microSIM to boot.

Last edited:

kodintent

Mar 27, 2014
I am using custom notification sounds on windows phone 8.0

I just added a few seconds of silence to the end of my favorite noises (with Audacity), and then they appeared in the list of choices. There just seems to be a time limit.and i noticed a 4 second mp3 was in the list, but shorter ones in the same folder werent.
Maybe, they also only work in the "Ringtone" folder of internal memory. I didnt experiment with location.

towmmyzd

Jan 27, 2014
Chengdu of Sichuan Province
I just added a few seconds of silence to the end of my favorite noises (with Audacity), and then they appeared in the list of choices. There just seems to be a time limit.and i noticed a 4 second mp3 was in the list, but shorter ones in the same folder werent.
Maybe, they also only work in the "Ringtone" folder of internal memory. I didnt experiment with location.

but...I can set one of all Ringtones as alarm clock tone...