[ROM/RESTORE][!MD4 OTA!](5-10)Quick Return to UNROOTED STOCK WITH FLASH COUNT RESET

Search This thread

mike02466

Apr 6, 2011
Boston
Having my own issues as well. But flashing bootloaders went fine for me so problem isnt with that file. Sorry, can't offer more.

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
I have the 16GB GS III on Sprint.
Flashed the JB update zip last week and wanted to go back to ICS.
I'm not rooted, nor am I running any custom recoveries.

I downloaded the LI3 ICS STOCK WITH AUTO COUNTER RESET for the 16GB model that you posted a link to.
Rebooted into stock recovery and then did a full data and cache wipe before attempting to flash.
Upon trying to flash, I received a "signature verification failed" error.

Thinking this might have something to do with possibly the bootloader version having been updated with my previous JB flash, I then downloaded the ==OPTIONAL==ICS_LI3_BOOTLOADER_TZ_FILES.zip

Performed same steps as above and then tried to flash ==OPTIONAL==ICS_LI3_BOOTLOADER_TZ_FILES.zip in recovery.
I received the same "signature verification failed" error on that zip as well.

Can someone please tell me if they've experienced this or if they can tell what I'm doing wrong?
Those are not signed images so they cannot be flashed in stock recovery. You need cwm/twrp to flash them

Reactions: mrcollpepper

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
Uh-oh. Yeah, running TWRP 2.2.0 Haven't updated to latest. Fails within 2 seconds. Am I screwed?
lol no. Had that happen like 1/5 of the time doing this with twrp. If you no longer have it just reflash twrp. If you need to reset your count again rerun LI3 if not then just reinstall the update to LJ7 and it should not have stat 7 this time

Reactions: mike02466

mike02466

Apr 6, 2011
Boston
lol no. Had that happen like 1/5 of the time doing this with twrp. If you no longer have it just reflash twrp. If you need to reset your count again rerun LI3 if not then just reinstall the update to LJ7 and it should not have stat 7 this time

Running fine now. Thanks bro.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
so I flashed bootloders then L13 16 GB counter reset no problem. However, when flashing "eec955eb4a5b.update_SPH-L710_L13_toLJ7.zip" it fails (status 7) Any ideas?

Because official ota won't work on this

However he has it built in now so need to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

razorlove

Dec 4, 2010
another confirmationof this working beautifully. FWIW i was on baked6. thank you and everyone else invovled for making this for us. this is just as important as the most pimp out out custom ROM.

cheers:good:

mrcollpepper

Dec 21, 2011
tacoma
This worked awesome. Thanks for the help. The thread can be a little confusing but the last post on 19 is right. This is what I did and I am rooted 4.1.1 lj7

Boot into recovery> wipe data> wipe cache> wipe dalvic> flash LJ7 > flash CWM> flash root> reboot> profit>???? And I was on ics running strongsteves odexed blue6.1

Thanks again and I hope this makes it easier for those that want to get to j.b. and be rooted for what ever custom Rom they choose to run.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Reactions: RascalDoc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT FLASH THIS IF YOU HAVE UPDATED TO MK3 (4.3)!!!! IT WILL CAUSE A HARD BRICK!!!
    If you are not sure what this means, boot to download mode. If it says "Knox warranty void" or 'Warranty bit" as pictured below then leave this page. This will not work for you.
    31338kh.jpg

I'll try to keep this simple.
    So here it goes, short but sweet...
    You know it, you love it. Single recovery flashed file restore to UNROOTED STOCK with STOCK KERNEL, STOCK RECOVERY, MODEM, and Normal System Status with a Flash Counter at 0. Basically a replacement for the odin tar method for a quick on-the-go restore. This is the go-to file for a last minute trip to the sprint store or for unbricking without the need for a pc or ODIN. This will do what odin does with the addition of resetting the flash count during flash. To keep a custom recovery flash one from below after rom flash before rebooting into the system. To keep root access flash this after install BEFORE rebooting into system.

As with just about any rom you'll find posted on these forums, FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK as I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone. Special thanks to @deviant.one, @Maddhadder90 and most recently @decimalman for the assistance in making the flash count reset possible for the 32gb Model.
    ** These zips contain full firmware flashing. Checking the MD5 is highly recommended
    FOR THE SPRINT S3 (SPH-L710) ONLY!

INTERESTED IN SEEING THIS ON ANOTHER CARRIER/DEVICE? CLICK HERE! AND LET ME KNOW.

################16gb-ONLY###########################16gb-ONLY#################16gb-ONLY##########16gb-ONLY###########
    NEW MD4 WITH COUNT RESET 16gb ONLY
    MD4 MD5- 4a1d2bcd0f3ea0e5b41fb4d91fb7802b

OLD MB1 Stock With Count Reset 16gb ONLY
    MB1 MD5- 61175cc8043c3e2a274ca55aae4d57aa
    ####################16gb-ONLY###############16gb-ONLY########16gb-ONLY######################################################
    FINALWARNING-2.png

#######32gb-ONLY#########32gb-ONLY##############32gb-ONLY######32gb-ONLY#####################################32gb-ONLY#######
    NEW MD4 WITH COUNT RESET 32gb ONLY
    MD4 MD5- 4e0d0b2c8121aaa059384cd8c520d7ac
    _______________________________________________________________________________

OLD MB1 Stock with count reset 32gb ONLY
    MD5- 671bc316e4344262a8a24d267ac80466
    #######################32gb-ONLY####################32gb-ONLY###############32gb-ONLY############32gb-ONLY#######################

Flash one of these to keep a custom recovery

Flash to keep root

STILL CONFUSED?
    THANKS TO @wwjoshdew for the awesome vid and crazy-fast mirrors!
    MB1 should now be working 100%
    Yup the above is totally right. Workimg on several MD4 projects right now. This included.

As was said before, you cannot access the apn settings without dialer codes. Do your homework before you come in here and discredit a respected rom dev. This has worked perfect for numerous people. Please have some respect towards billard412.
    MD4 FOR 16GB MODELS UP!!!
    Not heavily tested. Feedback is appriciated :)