[HELP] Need to downgrade C Spire MX2

Search This thread
Sep 18, 2010
Currently running DKZ MX2 Alpha 2 on my C Spire MX2. Honestly, it works much worse than I imagined on my phone, a slew of random problems that make it irritating to the point of unusable, including:

Missed texts/multiple texts show up en masse hours after sending
The force close issues on Facebook and Baconreader
Call issues (will connect, no audio from either end, usually ends with having to pull the battery)

I was going to wait for an Alpha 3 or a Beta, but development seems to have stalled (DKZ has a full time job, no blame there).

I need to downgrade, either to the CM9 MX2 beta or to Paranoid Android for MX2. Paranoid Android, I know, required you to be 2.3.4 and I am currently 2.3.6, and C Spire doesn't have an SBF.

I just need to know what my options are. I know downgrading from DKZ CM10 to DKZ CM9 likely has issues too. Just needs some input :( Any answers I'm going to need a pretty detailed step-by-step, if possible.

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I know nothing about the MX2 or C Spire. But I can almost guarantee you that being on 2.3.6 is what is causing all your issues. And the same will probably happen if you use CM9. What SBF files does C Spire have?

P.S. This should have been asked in the Q&A Section.

Booga Booga

Feb 27, 2012
Green Bay
Nandroid back to stock then install eclipse/cm7 if it's stability you're worried about. I would say go with CM10 over CM9 but that's just me.

I know nothing about the MX2 or C Spire. But I can almost guarantee you that being on 2.3.6 is what is causing all your issues. And the same will probably happen if you use CM9. What SBF files does C Spire have?

P.S. This should have been asked in the Q&A Section.

Booga Booga

Feb 27, 2012
Green Bay
I also have a MX2 :) The problems he/you are encountering shouldn't be because you're on 2.3.6 I know it doesn't help but it's not the root cause.

For Eclipse, it doesn't matter you're on 2.3.6 you can still flash it (even though it says 2.3.5 required).
For CM7/CM9 you must get the patched (usually from lrs or 754boy...if not I can see what I can do for you) that removes the kernal check on the roms and lets you flash it on the mx2. You'll have to install the wifi patch also.

Eclipse Thread
CM9 Thread for the MX2

His problem is his MX2 is on 2.3.6 on C Spire wireless. These ROMs require 2.3.4

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I also have a MX2 :) The problems he/you are encountering shouldn't be because you're on 2.3.6 I know it doesn't help but it's not the root cause.

For Eclipse, it doesn't matter you're on 2.3.6 you can still flash it (even though it says 2.3.5 required).
For CM7/CM9 you must get the patched (usually from lrs or 754boy...if not I can see what I can do for you) that removes the kernal check on the roms and lets you flash it on the mx2. You'll have to install the wifi patch also.

Eclipse Thread
CM9 Thread for the MX2

Well maybe you can help this guy out. I'm not the one with the problem. I have a Droid X2 on Verizon so I dont know anything about the issues he is having. Maybe the MX2 is different but the things I have read is that flashing those ROMs when not on the right android version will cause problems.

I need to downgrade, either to the CM9 MX2 beta or to Paranoid Android for MX2. Paranoid Android, I know, required you to be 2.3.4 and I am currently 2.3.6, and C Spire doesn't have an SBF.

Just so everyone knows anyone with the MX2 if at any point it has had 2.3.6 on it, either though sbf, update.zips, or came stock, there is no downgrading, ever(unfortunately). When 2.3.6 is applied it burns a fuse on the board to permenatly lock it on 2.3.6, preventing any downgrading. The same concept is aplied to unlocking the bootloader. when the unlock command is issued and it is implemented it burns a fuse permenately unlocking the device even if we flash a locked sbf over it its still unlocked it just wont say that it is.

bad bone

Oct 24, 2012
@#$%&!!!! Glad it's not me sorry :eek:

don't be scared it's only a phone :)
ogd x d2g x2 sg3
old ladies :( ^

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010
Just so everyone knows anyone with the MX2 if at any point it has had 2.3.6 on it, either though sbf, update.zips, or came stock, there is no downgrading, ever(unfortunately). When 2.3.6 is applied it burns a fuse on the board to permenatly lock it on 2.3.6, preventing any downgrading. The same concept is aplied to unlocking the bootloader. when the unlock command is issued and it is implemented it burns a fuse permenately unlocking the device even if we flash a locked sbf over it its still unlocked it just wont say that it is.

Spoke to a tech at C Spire the other day while my wife was getting her phone checked out and he confirmed everything in this post by Lrs121.

754boy

Sep 28, 2008
Shaw, MS
I would say go with CM10 over CM9 but that's just me.

Hell no. CM10 has WAY too many random app closes....it was annoying as hell. The interface was smooth but that's useless if the apps don't work. I would personally recommend either Eclipse or CM9. I've been running ParanoidAndroid for the past couple months and besides a few random reboots, its been pretty stable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.