[Q] Unlocking Galaxy Note 2 to use Data on Intl. Sim

Search This thread

arnabc

Jan 18, 2014
Hello all,

I have been unable to find a clear answer to this question--I hope you will bear with me:

I have a Galaxy Note 2 from Verizon running Android 4.3. Before leaving for a trip to India this week I confirmed with Verizon customer service that the phone was unlocked. In Delhi I purchased a local sim card (from Airtel) and inserted it. Voice and text work perfectly but the data plan does not. The sim works when inserted into other phones but not in this one. The Airtel techs cannot figure it out. I have access to the APN settings under the Mobile Networks menu and have edited the Name, APN, Server, APN type etc. as indicated by Airtel but no dice. When I go to "Select" it finds Airtel after some spinning and when I select Airtel from "Network Operators" I get a "registered on network" message but still can't get data.

Is it the case that Verizon locks the data on this phone? Is there any way for me to unlock this from India? I don't really know anything about rooting phones.

Any help appreciated!

Last edited:

nikhil.kdhand

Jun 3, 2013
hyderabad
I also use the same handset in India and use other operator sim...no trouble so far in data

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app