[Q] Housing question.

Search This thread

vspec2nur

Mar 6, 2014
Hello, this is my first time posting here, I currently own a White Galaxy SII Korean version with an external antenna on the upper right of the phone. And I'm planning on changing this on a black housing like the international version. I was wondering if changing to a new housing without the external antenna will it still work?

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Couldn't say for certain, but that external antenna is there for a reason.....certainly the casing for my S2 (international version) doesn't have it, the antenna on my phone is built in......
From that perspective, it's unlikely to be as straight forward as you're hoping.....there may be other internal spacing differences too.....not to mention the near impossibility of removing the screen intact........

Sent from my Infected KitKat bar.....

vspec2nur

Mar 6, 2014
I just converted this one (localized, I mean) and I heard that the antenna only works as a signal receptor for tv channels in Korea, so somehow it's still pretty useless. The thing that bothers me is that will it be really compatible with the international housing without the antenna on.