Phone encrypted!!!

Search This thread

electric turd

Dec 5, 2012
I was messing around with CM and I went into twrp to restore a backup and now my phone is locked. Can anyone point me where to go with this?

cntryby429

Aug 27, 2013
Washington D.C.
You need to search around here. This is a documented issue with aosp ROMs. Someone put out a command line fix (i think it's in the noon-carrier-specific m8 forum) or you can use the ruu files found in this forum.

skcitzo

Jan 20, 2013
salt lake
I was messing around with CM and I went into twrp to restore a backup and now my phone is locked. Can anyone point me where to go with this?

i just sent in my phone after this same issue i had tried the newest nightly from CM and flashed fine ran through the whole set up process then found out my bluetooth dont work so i restored my most recent bak booted my phone up and i get a message to put in my password that i have never set up

electric turd

Dec 5, 2012
I'm back guys!!!!! I ruu'ed in fastboot. Weird thing was when my phone booted back up it still had supersu!!!!!! That made me happy. I then flashed twrp through flashify and restored a back up I made before this whole fiasco. Thanks again for everything!!!!

So you returned your phone to Verizon over this? If it turns on you can fix it.

Last edited:

skcitzo

Jan 20, 2013
salt lake
I'm back guys!!!!! I ruu'ed in fastboot. Weird thing was when my phone booted back up it still had supersu!!!!!! That made me happy. I then flashed twrp through flashify and restored a back up I made before this whole fiasco. Thanks again for everything!!!!

So you returned your phone to Verizon over this? If it turns on you can fix it.
mine turns off right after it boots dosent matter where it boots to

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
i just sent in my phone after this same issue i had tried the newest nightly from CM and flashed fine ran through the whole set up process then found out my bluetooth dont work so i restored my most recent bak booted my phone up and i get a message to put in my password that i have never set up

So you sent in a phone that you broke and that can be fixed but are too lazy to research? And this is why companies lock down bootloaders. If you cant do basic searching, then dont root your phone.