Secure Element BORKED! Will 4.4 HCE work around it?

Search This thread

RootUserDWR

Feb 23, 2011
Somehow I borked my secure element while flashing. I'm back using the 4.3 TW stock ROM w/o Knox and it's still borked.
I want to try a 4.4 ROM only just for hoping that Host Card Emulation can possibly bring back my goggle wallet use.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RootUserDWR

Feb 23, 2011
I may be wrong but I don't think a secure element can be repaired, especially by flashing something. How did you bork it?

Forgot to clear the app before flashing to 4.3. Also, wallet was checking for root while I was on 4.1.2.
I tried using Modaco Xposed to cancel Google Wallet checks, but it keeps saying the app is having trouble with initiating Tap to Pay.
The only thing I can think of is that I somehow borked the S.E.

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
You don't need to clear it before flashing anymore, that was only a short lived problem. You need to uninstall the Wallet apk that came with the rom and reinstall it from the playstore.

RootUserDWR

Feb 23, 2011
You don't need to clear it before flashing anymore, that was only a short lived problem. You need to uninstall the Wallet apk that came with the rom and reinstall it from the playstore.

The Wallet apk I used is the one that was already in the stock MD4 ROM. When I flashed MK3 everything upgraded. Now I don't get the message for rooted devices, I just get having trouble initiating Tap to Pay.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are on a deodexed rom then it should be fixed already or you need to find the modified apk that lets you use it on a deodexed rom