Sprint bloat removal.

Search This thread

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
now that we have root, how do i get rid of all this sprint crap?

You'll need a root explorer. The apps are in /system/app and /system/priv-apps.
BUT BE CAREFUL!!! If you remove the wrong ones it won't boot.
There's a thread I think in the International forum that has apps you can remove. We'll have some different apps though.
If you remove the wrong app and end up not booting, you'll either have to use adb or LGFlashtool to fix it.
Im sure someone will have a list shortly. ;)

iTbagdUrMac

Jun 5, 2010
"System app remover (root)" from the play store works great for me. It makes app backups before uninstall.

SilverZero

May 18, 2010
You might be better off using Titanium Backup to just freeze apps first, to see if they affect other things unexpectedly. Then you can remove them after a test period.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

ItsLasher

You might be better off using Titanium Backup to just freeze apps first, to see if they affect other things unexpectedly. Then you can remove them after a test period.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

THIS!

Also if you can be patient until recoveries can be taken care of then back ups can be done to help insure a trouble free device.

Reactions: SilverZero

dakoellis

Jan 6, 2009
With 3gb of ram, just freeze apps.
freezing vs removing an app has nothing to do with ram.

For OP, if you have TiBu use that to remove apps. There's a link somewhere in the general G3 forum here that shows which apps are safe to disable, which typically means they are safe to remove as well.

schmoof

Sep 17, 2007
What I was saying is there is plenty of space on root partition. Freezing won't delete the app, but rather prevents it from launching. IMO this is the best way to go. Less crap running, less lag, and you don't have to delete files.

Top Liked Posts