[ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301 (FD24 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

Search This thread

tech7

Dec 20, 2006
Hey the ## code to go in does not work

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

andythegreenguy

Oct 22, 2010
After flashing the "No Data", I tried to perform the "System Updates". However, every time I try that... the screen goes blank for a little and then the phone shows a message "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped."

I have tried rebooting, clearing cache and rebooting multiple times... :(.

Any ideas?

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
After flashing the "No Data", I tried to perform the "System Updates". However, every time I try that... the screen goes blank for a little and then the phone shows a message "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped."

I have tried rebooting, clearing cache and rebooting multiple times... :(.

Any ideas?
Did you freeze any apps like "System Updates"? That would cause the behavior you describe.

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Quick noob question:

If I use this app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot&hl=en) to boot into the bootloader, would it bring me to odin / odin download mode?
Probably will, but I never tried using it to boot into ODIN DL mode.

I usually just type "adb reboot download" or if you don't like to type, under Option E in the Auto Root package, there is a menu option you can choose "Reboot to ODIN Download Mode"

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1342728

attachment.php

Reactions: batting1000

bluv4eva

Jun 22, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Same thing in here. You can download zip file from Calk's thread.

His DL location is http://www.buildarom.com/E4GT/Modems/E4GT_Modem_FD24.zip

For anyone who is not familiar with What's Calk's and sfhub's rooted stock rom is,

sfhub's rom is based on .TAR one-click odin (flashable thru odin or mobile odin) - does not require CWM.

Calk's rooted rom - flashable thru CWM. don't require PC nor mobile odin but CWM.

So, if you want to get flashable zip file, you would better start searching downloadable files from Calk's Thread. But if you want to one-click flashable tar files, then this the right place where you can start with.

Thanks for the explanation. So basically in my case of being rooted with EL29 with CWM running Blazers 4.1 ROM. If I get Calks and use CWM I should be okay?

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G Touch

RainMotorsports

Dec 24, 2011
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Google Nexus 5
Thanks for the explanation. So basically in my case of being rooted with EL29 with CWM running Blazers 4.1 ROM. If I get Calks and use CWM I should be okay?

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G Touch

Yes dont forget to format all. Its best to loose the data but if you must then if course the modified format all. Expect possible random issues depending when not wiping data.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Safe to go from El13.?

Sent from unnamed 2.0.1 powered galaxy s2 brought to you by sprint

EL13 or EG30 hell you can flash a tar Over FE25 and it hasnt been created yet. Last i checked no changes to the bootloader or odin to make it matter what your on.

Reactions: bluv4eva

donsh00tmesanta

Oct 16, 2011
Yes dont forget to format all. Its best to loose the data but if you must then if course the modified format all. Expect possible random issues depending when not wiping data.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

EL13 or EG30 hell you can flash a tar Over FE25 and it hasnt been created yet. Last i checked no changes to the bootloader or odin to make it matter what your on.

PS should have added, if the no data was safe Odin over El13

Reactions: bluv4eva

RainMotorsports

Dec 24, 2011
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Google Nexus 5
If you would like to use the latest modem yes. Remember to flash the modem before rebooting because there is no proper cwm ics kernel for our device yet. You can always flash one through odin later or when an ics repack us out or hell temp flash a gb cwm kernel.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

PS should have added, if the no data was safe Odin over El13

You wont brick but expect epic force closes and random issues from system apps until you do a factory reset. Just a reality likely to happen much more so coming from el13.

AreOh

Oct 19, 2010
I haven't been able to update Profile nor PRL at all since updating yesterday due to "connection error". How critical are both of those?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

RainMotorsports

Dec 24, 2011
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Google Nexus 5
I haven't been able to update Profile nor PRL at all since updating yesterday due to "connection error". How critical are both of those?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Not critical but I had the same issue yesterday and a reboot solved it. I am assuming you tried that already. Its happened to people now and then on various builds but as far as I know everyone eventually ends up being able to. Possible for a little speed suckage or lack of good roaming, general connectivity without the latest PRL but you should be okay especially if your having no issues as it is.

jimbobtexas

May 10, 2010
Carrollton
Observations on FD24

3 things have gotten my attention on this release.

1) Bluetooth - I have had to re-pair all my devices. Not a big deal, but didn't have to do it before. The good news: it's rock-solid. My BT lock is immediate, and swaps between my car and stereo no problem.

2) GPS - Immediate lock on enough satellites to be accurate. I use Run Keeper to run in the mornings, and have had problems with GPS in the last couple of releases. This one was immediate and accurate. Very, very nice.

3) Notifications - They might have over-fixed this. I've had 3 separate occasions where the sound is ON when I had it on vibrate. This is sub-optimal for meetings, particularly with some of my notification sounds. :rolleyes:

In a nutshell, this is the best daily driver I've seen on ICS yet.

andythegreenguy

Oct 22, 2010
A common issue with the nodata version is force closes which is why the full restore version is recommended if possible.

This did it, I used the full restore and everything's fine. Thank you.

Did you freeze any apps like "System Updates"? That would cause the behavior you describe.

No, I had not... the only thing I could think of was I had Orbot running and thought that could be inhibiting the communication. So, disabled & uninstalled it and tried... but did not work. So, went the full restore way and everything works right now.

Thanks guys!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks Denys Vlasenko/chris41g for busybox, ChainsDD for su, Steady Hawkin/Calkulin for FD02+CWM-Rogue(repack),
    qbking77 for video, id10terror for Odin 1-click suggestions, mavd5831, RainMotorSports, True_Darknight for mirror(s)

You may have heard... the zerglings fought a noble battle against the samdroids and held their own for many battles, but were finally defeated on the EL13 battleground. Starting with EL13 the zergrush exploit is plugged. Do not fear, as the zerglings have enlisted their old ally Odin to fight the next battle for them.

This One-Click ODIN contains the STOCK FD24 Modem/Kernel/ROM for the E4GT.

The ONLY change was the addition of ROOT to the ROM. NOTHING else was changed. If you made no other changes, you WOULD be able to install an OTA patch update (based off of FD24) on top of this w/o issues.

This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the ODIN flash count.

This does NOT have the issue with the USB jig being disabled.

This is equivalent to using the Auto Root Package on a stock ROM. In fact, if you used that package to UNROOT (Option B) this ROM then it would become 100% stock. After flashing this all functions of that package will be functional.

There are two versions provided, a FULL Restore that resets your whole phone, similar to a factory restore, and a No Data Restore, which is the same, except it preserves your User Data. The NoData version is only suggested if you are upgrading or remaining at the same version.

attachment.php

Instructions - Video by qbking77 [ODIN One-Click / Install CWM]

0) Backup anything important and Disable any PINs
    This process will restore you to factory software. All your Android data will be reset.
    To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your phone, ie on your PC or dropbox.

Note #1: Please DISABLE any PIN code you may have created to protect your phone. As a security measure, after the flash, Android will ask you for your PIN, if you have one enabled. It is simpler to have no PIN active. If you forgot your PIN then, after the factory restore, just enter the wrong PIN a few times and it will warn you. Enter the wrong PIN again and it will reset the filesystem.

1) Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary) [USB/Android]

2) Download the FD24 full restore One-Click self-extractor
    SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2 / Mirror3] (RESET user data)
    [MD5: 803491d73e895fc57cd153b2c7d3c4dc / Size: 303,869,688]

SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301_ROOTED_NODATA-oc-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2 / Mirror3] (PRESERVE user data - do NOT use if downgrading versions)
    [MD5: 8f26aa2b4e1e4a71721588c7eb535a3b / Size: 302,870,423]

Mac/Linux - Install 7-zip, then use it to unpack the individual ODIN components in Reference Section B (below). If Heimdall fails flashing all 3 files together, try doing them individually. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows specific (steps 3, 4, 6).

Android - Install ZArchiver, then use it to unpack the ODIN OneClick 7zip self-extractor file in this section (long press *-oc-sfx.exe, Open as archive, Odin-OC, select *-OneClick.exe, Extract). Use Mobile ODIN to Open File the resulting *-OneClick.exe file. Mobile ODIN issue - modem might not flash consistently. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows ODIN specific (steps 3, 4, 5, 6).

3) Extract the package
    double-click on the self-extractor file, specify the directory to extract to (instructions assume C:\)

4) Start ODIN One-Click
    Navigate to C:\Odin-OC
    Full: Double-click on SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301_ROOTED-OneClick.exe
    NoData: Double-click on SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301_ROOTED_NODATA-OneClick.exe

5) Place phone in ODIN download mode
    Code:
    [B][U]Method #1[/U][/B]
    Power down phone
    Wait for capacitative button [B]lights to turn off[/B]
    Simultaneously [b]Press and Hold [Power] [VolDn][/b] until confirmation screen appears
    Press [B][VolUp][/B] to enter Download mode
    Code:
    [B][U]Method #2[/U][/B]
    adb reboot download
    Code:
    Connect USB cable to PC if not already connected
    ODIN should show yellow COM port in 2nd column
    Note #1: If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the ODIN One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting ODIN One-Click.

6) Start ODIN flash process
    Press [Start]

7) Complete - PASS!
    When complete you should see a screen similar to what is shown at top of post
    Phone will automatically reboot
    Status should change to green PASS!

Boot process will be slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the 4G logo screen.

If you want CWM use Option D in the Auto Root Package to install FD02+CWM-Rogue (you are already rooted so Option A is not necessary)

If you need to clear NVRAM/Sprint data login info, perform a ##72786# reset from the Dialer and enter MSL.
    Type getprop ril.MSL in adb shell or terminal to retrieve your MSL.

For NoData install:
    - If you are getting random force closes, wipe cache/dalvik-cache
    - If you have troubles with Android Market, clear data from
    menu->applications->all->market->clear data
    - If you have troubles booting into Android, perform factory reset in ICS using the ODIN OneClick Factory Reset tool. Do NOT perform factory resets using stock recovery or privacy->reset, at least until you read about the EMMC superbrick/lockup bug and understand what the trigger points are and what you are exposing yourself to.
    Reference Section
    A) Resources
    a1) tar.md5 versions of One-Click (for regular ODIN):
    SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301_ROOTED-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: c85fd8a327c17e46481fbb64346b9843 / Size: 303,617,429]
    SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301_ROOTED_NODATA-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 8ff23f62db1fa296c350ee24951d5410 / Size: 302,612,181]

B) (Individual) STOCK FD24 ODIN/CWM Components
    b0) Odin3 v1.85 (windows)
    - these are ODIN tar.md5 files bundled in a 7-zip self-extractor
    - ONLY use PDA Button for any of the following
    - Windows - Double-click on the self-extractor and choose your ODIN directory
    - Mac/Linux - Use 7-zip to extract
    b1) [ODIN] FD24 Modem [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: e5512c58b474045f4c44a511def59f4f / Size: 4,095,332]
    b2) [ODIN] FD24 Kernel [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: bb9ca3743822e7587fe4c966f144e66e / Size: 6,070,821]
    b3) [ODIN] FD24 ROM [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: f816fc8f5b89f08c3677494e4b6d8631 / Size: 283,802,341]
    b4) [ODIN] FD24 ROM + root [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 8e50d7d65046678a27c4fe66e806e0d5 / Size: 285,098,305]
    b5) [CWM] FD24 Modem [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 12ba5c2b28c176a3f29161492628c521 / Size: 5,133,564]
    b6) [CWM] FD24 Kernel [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 725da649240e7a1a6612d12a7c0a799d / Size: 6,029,706]

C) FAQ
    c1) Windows tells me "Unrecognized device (code 42)" and ODIN OC doesn't see my phone
    c2) What happened to USB Storage in ICS, how do I get the old GB behavior back?
    c3) How do I run Auto Root, ODIN OneClick, or ODIN on Mac?
    c4) What about the notification bug?
    c5) How do I get Sprint TV to work?
    c6) How do I get wifi tethering for ICS ROMs?
    Before anybody asks, I tested the notification bug:

Initial testing indicates the notification bug is FIXED in FD24.

Info about notification bug from PREVIOUS releases

For people who don't know what it is, if you end a call, then immediately press "Back" or "Home", the notification sound is disabled (the notifications still show up, just the sound is disabled)

Even though there is no sound, the notification light still pulses, so it isn't a complete miss.

There is an easy workaround, both to avoid the issue, and to fix the issue if you forgot the workaround.

After pressing "End" to end a call, don't press anything else until the dialer status screen exits by itself to the secondary screen (whether that be the dialpad or call logs). This will keep your notification sound enabled.

Now if you forget and press "Back" or "Home" too early, all you need to do is make a call to any phone #, press "End" and don't press anything else. This will fix your notification sounds.

Again, the notification LED will still pulse even if your notification sound got disabled.

EDIT: Reports are that if you back out of Messaging too quickly the same disabling of Notification sound can happen.
    How is battery life on this build?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

The performance is so good that I don't even need to have my battery in my phone.....
    :p
    Also, for those that care, the VPN is now working (over WiFi) in FD24 that wasn't working prior.