[Tweak]INIT.D

Search This thread

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
Not sure as this belongs here or not, but I think this is the best place for it. This will allow you to add init.d to your phone without CWM. I got it working for me, so I hope everyone else will have the same fortune.

Requirements:
1.Root
2.Fully installed Busybox
3. Windows computer

Instructiions:
Download and run runme.bat

Credits:
keunhuvac - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1577545

Added the CWM version to the OP - Quick instructions:
Put on your SD card or somewhere you can find on your phone and flash with CWM - done!

Files from his forum - Xperia S - has been edited to remove errors

Please note this will fail if any of the Busybox symlinks are not complete!

Attachments

• Initd.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,728
  • cwm_xperia_ion_Initd_install.zip
    841 KB · Views: 1,145
Last edited:

ganeshbiyer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Not sure as this belongs here or not, but I think this is the best place for it. This will allow you to add init.d to your phone without CWM. I got it working for me, so I hope everyone else will have the same fortune.

Requirements:
1.Root
3. Windows computer

Instructiions:

Credits:

I am not sure it works.
1. the 06dalvik script did not create /cache/dalvik-cache folder.
2. the 99test did not create any file in /data/local/tmp.

does our kernel support init.d?

Reactions: ravinderjeet

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
I am not sure it works.

Mine is working, if you got some errors during the load process, I need to know.

If thing to do is check your symlinks and make sure that they are all there for busybox.
Use this to check your symlinks:https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsInN0ZXJpY3Nvbi5idXN5Ym94Il0.

If any one is missing, it could stop the install process.

Reactions: ganeshbiyer

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
On the thing about our kernel supporting init.d, the answer is not currently and that is why we have to use this program. It will allow compatibility with our kernel to have init.d.

Reactions: ganeshbiyer

ganeshbiyer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
The busbox is ok.
I can run it rom my terminal on the phone as well as adb shell.
There were no errors during installation.

Edit:
I ran the script again today.
The init.d works. the 99test did create a file in /data/local/tmp.:D

Last edited:

jeriku

Mar 2, 2012
INIT.D installed. Excellent! Now to look up some tweaks. You da man Popfan.

popfan

Jan 26, 2011

jeriku

Mar 2, 2012
Thanks for the feedback. I was starting to wonder if anyone knew what this can do for their phone.

Here is another good site:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276

A lot of good stuff. I am going to see if I can get the tweaks to run at 100%, here in a few days. I loved it when I ran this on my cappy.

I'll be looking forward to hear how this goes. I was just reading over the thread and I want it.

Sent from Rooted LT28at with ICS.

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
I'll be looking forward to hear how this goes. I was just reading over the thread and I want it.

Running it at 50% is pretty good also. The script will at least zipalign, check for proper permissions on all apps, clean the delvik-cache, and reorganize the task manager priorities and also your ram manager settings. You should try the battery calibration script that is there also, it is really nice.

jeriku

Mar 2, 2012
Running it at 50% is pretty good also. The script will at least zipalign, check for proper permissions on all apps, clean the delvik-cache, and reorganize the task manager priorities and also your ram manager settings. You should try the battery calibration script that is there also, it is really nice.

I'm going to read it through a couple times then give it a go. Did you use script manager or just terminal?

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
I did forget that it will also allow for a powershift, so you can change your settings on the fly if you need more multitasking capabilities than power savings or more power.

killerskincanoe

Mar 4, 2009
Sony Xperia Ion
Oppo Find 5
If you get v6 working please post any differences you notice. esp launcher re-draws. <that to me is one of the most annoying things ever. and would love to know that there is something that can be done about it :)

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
If you get v6 working please post any differences you notice. esp launcher re-draws. <that to me is one of the most annoying things ever. and would love to know that there is something that can be done about it :)

It looks like it is going to be a little tricky, but at 50% I can tell the Xperia Launcher is working better and almost never see any lag. With Nova Launcher, it just flies.

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
It does not look like the latest CWM that I put will be compatible with the extra mods, after I put the cwm together and flashed it bricked my phone. I have put my phone back to where it was before the modifications for the ICS supercharger (the service.jar and service.odex modded part) and works just fine without the additional mods, but I don't think I am going to try to mod the phone again (wife will get mad at me if I hard brick my phone).

Reactions: Toledo_JAB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements:
    1.Root
    3. Windows computer

Instructiions:

Credits:

Added the CWM version to the OP - Quick instructions:
    Put on your SD card or somewhere you can find on your phone and flash with CWM - done!

Cwm Flashable Zip to Add Init.d support

Cwm Flashable Zip to Add Init.d support

Copy it to the internal sd card and flash thru cwm recovery.:)
    the runme.bat worked on my phone with [4.1JB]_BlackZax's_Base on .211. I got init.d installed.

Requirements:
    1.Root
    3. Windows computer

Instructiions:

Credits:

I am not sure it works.

I am not sure it works.

Mine is working, if you got some errors during the load process, I need to know.

If thing to do is check your symlinks and make sure that they are all there for busybox.
    Use this to check your symlinks:https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsInN0ZXJpY3Nvbi5idXN5Ym94Il0.

If any one is missing, it could stop the install process.