Votes: 1,270 94.8%
  • NO

Votes: 69 5.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012
Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
Re: [HELP THREAD] Nexus 4. Ask any question.

Rant: this is a bit of a crap idea for a thread. Good intentions but ultimately hides a bunch of reasonable questions with massive conversational pieces on how to root your phone... When there are countless "root my..." Threads anyway.

Lots of people have learned a lot because of this thread. Maybe read more than the last 5 pages and you will see that. Good day Sir

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

M3ta7h3ad

Aug 27, 2007
[HELP THREAD] Nexus 4. Ask any question.

Lots of people have learned a lot because of this thread. Maybe read more than the last 5 pages and you will see that. Good day Sir

Case in point. Unless you have something constructive to add to this thread in response to somebody's question. Don't respond. That way at least folks questions get a sufficient airing rather than just flooded out by dross.

Yes physician heal thyself but hey like I said, both your post and now this one is a perfect example of what not to do in this thread.

Good day to you indeed.

opticaldh

Feb 1, 2013
the phone works, but i want to root it.
still didn't get passed the debbugging unreconized problem :(
Untitled.jpg

1. Check your debug in your phone.
2. If checked and that tool still doesn't recognize yourphone. Then try another tool or root it manually.
3. If ADB doesn't recognize your phone. Reinstall the driver :)

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012

And like this ^^^^ and this <<<<

:rolleyes:

OK last time I'll respond to u. Please troll elsewhere the op of this thread likes a lil OT as long as its not over board. So unless u know what your talking about your best bet is to stay silent on the subject. This is a constructive threads supported by many many people and coming into a thread and putting it down is frowned upon here on xda. Please check the rules out before posting that way I see u are new but that's no reason to be ignorant of the rules.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

OK I see u aren't new but your lack if posting showed me otherwise.

Have a great night

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique

the phone works, but i want to root it.
still didn't get passed the debbugging unreconized problem :(
Untitled.jpg

You have to update the android SDK to the latest version. Once you have done so take the fastboot and adb files and copy them from the android SDK folder and place them in the nexus 4 tool kit folder. After you have done that delete the "adb-toolkit and fastboot-toolkit" files then rename the ones you just copied there to adb-toolkit and fastboot-toolkit. Once you have done that everything should work again.

Sent from my Nexus

Zainiak

Jul 1, 2012
I'm on cm10.1 2/22 nightly with the 4.2.1 boot loader and the .48 radio. Is there any reason for me to update the bootloader, and where would I find the files to do so?

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique

i have 4.2.2. stock, unlocked, rooted. wanted to remove some blootware and accidentally deleted my camera app. any way to install it again?

i tried to flash gapps from
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010312
but it did not help.

I just want my stock camera app back. thanks :)

Pull the app from somewhere (another rom) and push it to your system/app folder using adb or root explore

Sent from my Nexus

Last edited:
Reactions: bukohm

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012

i have 4.2.2. stock, unlocked, rooted. wanted to remove some blootware and accidentally deleted my camera app. any way to install it again?

i tried to flash gapps from
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010312
but it did not help.

I just want my stock camera app back. thanks :)

I know that your camera lies in your gallery app. The pink do you still have that?

Reactions: bukohm

SevansD

Jan 10, 2013

My n4 arrives Monday and I could use some suggestions about a good custom rom to flash. I couldn't find a thread that compared and contrasted custom rom's. I'm currently using cm7 on an n1 and like it very much. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus One

AlleN7

Sep 12, 2012
I just got my Nexus 4. Off the bat I noticed something really annoying, besides dat battery life.
Randomly when I click on icons or links the phone makes a faint tick sound. The volume is off and it is not the haptic feedback. I cannot find the source of the tick.

AlleN7

Sep 12, 2012
I found out that even though my volume was 0 the touch sounds still activated the speakers giving off the clicking sound.

azrash

Sep 18, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

I just got my Nexus 4. Off the bat I noticed something really annoying, besides dat battery life.
Randomly when I click on icons or links the phone makes a faint tick sound. The volume is off and it is not the haptic feedback. I cannot find the source of the tick.
I found out that even though my volume was 0 the touch sounds still activated the speakers giving off the clicking sound.
I am not sure whether it is the same on stock, but on CM, settings - sounds - touch sounds (under system)

Flowed from my Nexus 4

jcagara08

Oct 15, 2011
Newly Acquired Phone

So yesterday I finally got my Nexus 4 (see sig) after someone in my locale decided ti swap it for an s3 luckily we were looking for our devices..
my question;
1. is the Nexus Orb worth it or some other Qi chargers are better? Is wireless charging on the N4 faster than USB charging and power plug?
2. The original LG Bumper case, does it add heft to the device? power buttons and volume easy to press? no compatibility issues on usb cable cutout?
3. Beaming my screen to a tv means I need a miracast certified TV or only I need the miracast wireless trancevier?

Thanks and more power to the Thread Starters!!

Woho finally I have a Nexus 4!!:victory:

bukohm

Oct 19, 2011
I know that your camera lies in your gallery app. The pink do you still have that?

i deleted it as well, since i never use it :p QuickPic ftw.

I will try to use whatever mark manning suggested. will have to look up how to pull apps from other roms. other then that i should be fine, adb is not that hard

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a lot of people joining xda on daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked which fill up Development threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions. Idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in the direction where that user can find an answer and educate himself

First thing first. I strongly advise you to read THIS thread before posting ANYTHING on XDA.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in post no2, you might find what you need right away.

For ROM issues please do mention in your post about:
    ROM name
    ROM version and base
    kernel version and its settings
    any mods applied on top of it
    flashing "style" aka dirty or clean
    something like this
    ...and be sure you have asked before on the ROM thread unless you have less than 10 posts on XDA

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please, do come back and read threads in post no2 (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time and frustration it will save you in the future.

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE,adb, drivers, superCID etc...... You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! No question is stupid in this thread.

***I feel that a little OT is healthy to the success of this type of thread. The people here who help the most will develop a comradery therefore OT is allowed within reason. Common sense will be applied ;)***

HALL OF FAME
    People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their problems/questions. In no particular order. These people also have the right to use the banner below :)
    eep2378
    bassmadrigal
    Stryder5
    trell959
    thephantom
    -Asskicker-
    DowntownJeffBrown ��
    azrash
    rskyline
    fenstre
    undercover
    scream4cheese
    xanthrax
    gee2012
    spaceman860
    zelendel
    Android Pizza
    Chromium_
    Jugg1es
    shengovind
    OhDae-su
    abaaaabbbb63
    Berrydroidcafe
    themike10452
    plegdroid
    jd1639

HelpThreadNexus4_128.gif

Just add this code to your sig
    HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1980135"][IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26257623/HelpThreadNexus4_128.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    WALL OF SHAME! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: @jugg1es @jugg1es @jugg1es @jugg1es

This post is not just duplicate of kidCarter93 Index thread. This is to be used to point people in the right direction.
    Example:
    Q: How can i unlock my Nexus 4?
    A: Go post no2, link no5

No spoonfeeding, user pointed in the right direction, you get your kudo- everyone happy!

1. [REF] Nexus 4: Technical Specification Breakdown by l0st.prophet

2. [REF]Specs,Reviews,Videos,FAQ,Development | Things you need to know about the Nexus4 by eep2378 and Prawesome

3. [INDEX] ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, Guides, etc by KidCarter93

4. Standalone ADB with FASTBOOT by tinky1 (extract anywhere and double click on .bat file)

5. [DRIVERS] Nexus 4 Driver for Windows by Stryder5

6. [REF][GUIDE][11/03/2012] Unlocking the Bootloader by TheDarkDefender

7. [ROOT][CONFIRMED WORKING] Root Nexus 4 Using Insecure Boot Image and ADB by HQRaja

8. Nexus 4 Stock OTA and Factory Image URLs by oldblue910

9. [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root # by efrant

10. [NEXUS 4 TOOLKIT] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE by mskip

11. [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit by WugFresh
    hey guys sorry for asking this but I try to get titanium back up pro from blackmart alpha. first I download the free version from blackmart alpha and then I download the pro key. but after I install it, the pro key is not working. any idea why? it also happen to app like nova launcher prime :confused:

please help me :eek:

thx

Buy it.
    Linaro is not only in the kernels, I believe it is a compiler and it's "hot" with new roms right now. There's a feature with Google Talk, if you use Talk as your voicemail, you're able to play the voicemail in the call log screen without going to Talk app. Linaro breaks it due to audio libs or something alike.

In all seriousness now, how do I install ios 6 on my nexus 4?
    /s

1. Get iPhone 5
    2. Place N4 next to it
    3. Drop a brick on iPhone
    4. Watch it's soul leave the body and transfer to N4
    5. Success rate infinity/1

No no no, I'm not a grammar Nazi. I'm a grammar Commie!
    Hello everyone, I'm pretty much new to XDA and modding in general. I own a Nexus 4 and I wanted to flash the Paranoid Android ROM.

My two cents;

1. Learn how to use adb and stay away from toolkits. They work brilliantly but opaquely and it's in your best interest to know what's happening with your phones firmware in detail.

2. Don't do anything until you learn how to make, store and restore nandroid backups. The N4 is virtually unbrickable and PA is rock solid after the 4.3 merge.

I'm a novice as well but modding is fascinating to me. Since my only phone is also a business phone I usually wait till Friday to flash new software so I have time to restore in the event of problems. Hasn't happened yet. Have fun.