Review of ZeroLemon 9300 mAh extended battery for Note 2 w/pics!!!

Search This thread

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
This is a review of ZeroLemon 9300 mAh extended battery for Note 2: http://www.zerolemon.com/details.php?des_id=75&slug=galaxy-note-ii-9300mah-extended-battery

When life gives you lemons - you make lemonade. When life gives you ZeroLemon 9300 mAh extended battery - you put it in the charger for 12 hours prior to initial use :) The long anticipated 9300 mAh extended battery for Note 2 is here!!! And for $39.99 including TPU case - you are getting a triple capacity of Samsung OEM 3100 mAh battery. This is a first part of my review where I will go over the battery, the case, the fitment, and comparison details. Due to capacity of this battery and requirement of a few charge cycles, the performance part of the review will follow in a few days. I'm also planning to use my VA battery monitor setup to measure externally the exact capacity of this battery.

So let's start with dimensions to give you an idea of how triple capacity translates into footprint increase. Just for the reference, original Samsung OEM 3100 mAh battery is 75 mm x 56 mm x 5.6 mm (2.95" x 2.18" x 0.22") and weight of 54g (1.9oz). The new ZL9300 is 110.8 mm x 71.6 mm x 6.2 mm (thinner side) / 12.9 mm (stacked up side) -> 4.36" x 2.82" x 0.24" (thin) / 0.5" (thicker side). The weight of ZL9300 is 166g (5.9oz), and together with TPU case your Note 2 will clock in at 330g (11.7oz) and thickness of 18.76mm. In comparison, a naked N2 is 164g and thickness of 10.68mm. It obviously makes phone heavier and beefier in your hand, but dimensions with TPU cases are as thick/wide as Defender and length wise even shorter. I use Defender as a comparison also for a reason since this case is a very popular mod for extended batteries, and I'm planning to modify my "real" Defender for that purpose. Comparison pictures included below.

Now to the battery itself. It looks like a regular size battery stacked on top of a longer thinner plate which most like host 2/3 of the total capacity. As I mentioned above, verification of capacity will take time since we are dealing with 9300 mAh battery where charging and discharging (use) takes time hopefully measured in days (for use) rather than hours. In this particular case due to its dimensions it obviously makes no sense to have battery cover - as a matter of fact it would have been impossible to include cover. Instead, ZeroLemon designed TPU case that serves a purpose of both battery cover and some basic protection. Unfortunately, NFC is not included. The case itself is made out of typical semi-rigid material and has a very nice fitment with a phone, although you do get some pulling around sides typical for TPU material. The history of this ZL9300 release is that battery was available awhile ago but initial batch of TPU cases was loose, so the decision was made to delay the release in order to fix the problem and to deliver 100% finished product. The finish of TPU case is matte with a nice non-slip grippy texture that feels good in your hand and will provide some friction on the surface. Very important since due to increased size and weight you would want to have a better grip. It also offers edge/lip for a screen protection when placed down but I wish it would have been bigger. As a bare minimum it will work, but for example in my case where I use tempered glass on my screen - the lip is almost the same depth as a thickness of my tempered glass protector. If I place it down on the flat surface I might have a micron of clearance, but this problem is ONLY in my case because I use a thick tempered glass protector. For anybody with a typical PET film protector you should have more clearance. All the port openings are perfectly aligned, from micro-usb port, to s-pen opening, mic, headphone, camera and flash opening (partitioned in a nice way). I have to mention about the speaker in the back - since TPU cover will not be flush with a speaker, inside of the case there is a partition to isolate and direct sound to speaker cutout in TPU case. Nice design detail! Power and volume up/down buttons are separated and easy to press with a nice tactile feedback.

As a bare minimum this TPU case is pretty good considering you are getting a decent grip and basic protection right out of the box. Also, ZeroLemon made clear they are working on a rugged case to be available sometime during the summer. This is a huge plus!!! Of course, for those who can't wait, you can always do a popular Defender case mode to cut out back panel of it's inner plastic shelf and use external rubber layer on top. I will plan to do it myself as well. Furthermore, if you are curious about using this case in the car, I confirmed and included pictures of Arkon mega-grip mount to work perfectly with it. The only other comment I have is that I hope ZeroLemon will consider making an external battery charger for ZL9300. Typically you would want to charge this battery overnight, but if you run out of "lemon" juice during the day - if you swap with another battery, you don't have other way to charge this extended battery, unless you find some off-the shelf charger (and even those are typically 350mA-500mA that take forever).

Right now, I'm putting my battery on the charger and will keep it for awhile before I'm going to start doing my testing. But in a meantime, enjoy these pictures:

zl9300-01_zps147e2ce2.jpg

zl9300-02_zpsc5001bb0.jpg

zl9300-03_zps4745580a.jpg

zl9300-04_zps5635ff54.jpg

zl9300-05_zps17acae93.jpg

zl9300-06_zps2dd61377.jpg

zl9300-07_zps52ca91a0.jpg

zl9300-08_zps9d3bba93.jpg

zl9300-09_zpsfa6faf89.jpg

zl9300-10_zps6a7537bb.jpg

zl9300-11_zps3dcbe96b.jpg

zl9300-12_zps93b0676d.jpg

zl9300-13_zpsb1477e2a.jpg

zl9300-14_zps0848086e.jpg

zl9300-15_zps290a7f73.jpg

zl9300-16_zps52fb79c9.jpg

zl9300-17_zps37a314e2.jpg

zl9300-18_zpsdafe20ee.jpg

zl9300-19_zps99af8d36.jpg

zl9300-20_zps3dacdb98.jpg

zl9300-21_zps0f903cb7.jpg

zl9300-22_zpse7064645.jpg

zl9300-23_zps00dc1cff.jpg

zl9300-24_zpscd5ec4f8.jpg

zl9300-25_zps84eeafec.jpg

zl9300-26_zps03224b40.jpg

zl9300-27_zps5d91a085.jpg

zl9300-28_zps3e306d96.jpg

Last edited:

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
I'm still running stress test to drain down the battery. Received it yesterday, was at 60% from the box. Charged it up to 100% and then kept it on for another 5hr even after green light indicator went on. I can't sit all day and use it continuously, so I'm running Nova Battery Tester benchmark app. As I mentioned before, it doesn't provide the exact accurate reading of the mAh, but does it's calculation by running a very CPU-intense stress test at full max brightness and everything on (except 4G) for about 2hr at a time while monitoring battery discharge. This is more vigorous than a regular use and I already ran 6 full cycles with battery down to 35% now. I will continue running it down to 2% or so. What I found is that reported mAh capacity is showing consistently 3x or more the capacity of my stock battery I ran under the same test conditions. Doesn't matter mAh reading, it's a relative test and for sure - this ZeroLemon 9300 mAh is at least 3x times the capacity of our stock Samsung 3100 mAh battery!

Here is a screen shot with Nova Batt Tester results so you can see my latest tests with ZL showing triple capacity in comparison to previous stock batt results. Once I drain my battery with Nova stress test, I will post a final screen shot of total battery run time and screen-on time.

nova_batt_tester_01_zps2f5455af.jpg

Furthermore, I confirmed that ZeroLemon TPU case DOES fit Seidio CONVERT holster. It's not a tight fit, but since CONVERT has a spring-loaded latch which can also be locked, you can definitely use it with a good piece of mind. Here are pictures:

zl9300_convert-01_zps9e907d33.jpg

zl9300_convert-02_zps24c0b42c.jpg

zl9300_convert-03_zpsc551b808.jpg

OK, now here is a scoop on Defender mod for ZeroLemon 9300 mAh battery. Yes, I did it, and No, I'm not too crazy about it. I was using a wireless dremel tool holding back panel of the inner plastic case in my hand while drilling with another hand. So, it was all up in the air. I could have done a better job if I had it fixed on the table. It fits for sure, but will take a little time for an outer rubber shell to stretch, I guess. As of now, power button is not easy to push, and only up volume works as expected while down volume I have to press by pushing on the case from behind the button since its not aligned perfectly. For sure, this mod will give you more protection than original TPU case from ZeroLemon, especially higher lip around the screen. And you can also use Defender holster with it, but overall it adds more bulk and fitment is not as seamless. Personally, I will give it a day or two to see how it will stretch (and keep in mind, I'm using HK version of Defender), and then will go to original TPU case. Of course, will be anxiously waiting for ZL new rugged case they are working on due this summer!!!

Here are the pictures of my ZL-Defender mod:

zl-def-mod-01_zpsdd803136.jpg

zl-def-mod-02_zps5df58fe9.jpg

zl-def-mod-03_zps3a97ee78.jpg

zl-def-mod-04_zps56cce047.jpg

zl-def-mod-05_zpsabc75cb1.jpg

zl-def-mod-06_zps16d98942.jpg

zl-def-mod-07_zps32829d20.jpg

zl-def-mod-08_zps15030a0d.jpg

zl-def-mod-09_zps1422e0e6.jpg

zl-def-mod-10_zpscc8ac63e.jpg

With Defender holster, it only fits face in (and a tight fit) and NOT face out:

zl-def-mod-11_zpsd3e40140.jpg

zl-def-mod-12_zps9144d5ec.jpg

zl-def-mod-13_zpse12a5a38.jpg

.... and here is a final result of Screen-on time!!! We are talking about 20 hours of screen time with 9% still remaining!!! And, I'm not talking about 20 hours (out of 36 hours after full battery charge) of keeping screen on with some light use. About 14 hours of that time was running Nova Battery Test cpu stress test at max brightness and gps/bt on. Pure monster power!

zl_final_test-01_zps20514366.jpg

zl_final_test-02_zps9d6de38a.jpg

Last edited:

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
I also welcome other users to contribute with their experience of using this battery, especially confirmation of capacity, charging time from <5%, max screen-on time, etc. Also, Defender mod pictures would be welcome too. The other thread with 40+ pages was OK for all anticipation waiting, but then it got out of hand with "lipo" and "amazon prime shipping" and kind of hard to sort through for anybody who wants real info about this battery.

ic10503

Sep 10, 2010
I am having a otterbox commuter (not defender) for my note 2. Do you think this battery will fit in with the otterbox case given that I remove the original battery cover and just put the battery with otterbox case. I am even fine if I have to have just the silicone soft grey case of otterbox and remove the hard white case of otterbox.

Do you think I will have to make any cuts ?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
I am having a otterbox commuter (not defender) for my note 2. Do you think this battery will fit in with the otterbox case given that I remove the original battery cover and just put the battery with otterbox case. I am even fine if I have to have just the silicone soft grey case of otterbox and remove the hard white case of otterbox.

Do you think I will have to make any cuts ?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, with Commuter not a chance. Personally, I don't like Defender case and would never use it on my N2, that's why I have UAG case. But in the situation if you want something more rugged until ZeroLemon releases it's own rugged case, someone already reported about successful mod of Defender. Defender has inner plastic shell and outer rubber layerl. People typically use Defender mod for extended (double capacity) battery by cutting a window in a battery cover aligned with a cut out in inner part of plastic case where rubber shell goes over it. With Commuter you have a tight rubber shell fitting over battery cover and that shell will not fit over extended battery. I know its a shame to sacrifice expensive Defender, that's why if you search this forum for "almost real" thread, you might find a budget alternative ;) Or better yet, use ZL included TPU for a month or so and wait for their official rugged case which probably going to have the best fitment.

Note_2

Nov 19, 2012
I may have missed it, but could you share a link to that car dock? Thanks. Also, I'm on track for at least 16 hours screen on time. Really heavy max brightness use though.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366523011563.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366523011563.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 6,985
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366523025688.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366523025688.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 6,552

ppn7

Feb 17, 2013
I may have missed it, but could you share a link to that car dock? Thanks. Also, I'm on track for at least 16 hours screen on time. Really heavy max brightness use though.

Hi do you use a specific Rom/kernel ? Do you undervolt something?
It's your first charge?

Note_2

Nov 19, 2012
Hi do you use a specific Rom/kernel ? Do you undervolt something?
It's your first charge?

Jedi x12, saber kernel. No under volting or any thing. Mostly half brightness. I also have been downloading torrents, tethering, music, etc. I also have apps alive that aren't really needed like fb messenger and fb. The previous picture was just continuous super heavy use. Here's my current status. Looks like I'm gonna get around 16 hrs screen on and about 21 hrs total. This is not my first charge, I charged it friday when I got it from 2 pm for about 10 hrs then used it to 66%, then charged it again for over 12 hrs and I'm at 31% right now. I have no doubt that this could hit 20 hrs screen on time with less heavy use and brightness. Epic battery.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366543830024.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366543830024.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 2,338
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366543842956.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366543842956.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 2,285
Reactions: ppn7

Clownzer

Dec 27, 2008
vowu93.png

I couldn't agree more, this battery is amazing. I honestly like the case and extra weight it adds.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Yep, battery is amazing. I don't have patience of non-stop use and usually prefer quicker results :) When I was testing External Battery chargers I found a fast way to discharge a battery by using Nova Battery Test app. That app also does a rough calculation of mAh capacity. It is NOT accurate. But does a good job when you want to do a relative comparison between batteries. Since I have used it in the past couple of weeks my stock battery comes up on average 3600 mAh - 4100 mAh (again, in no way an accurate measurement, but rather their own algorithm of running CPU stress test at full brightness with screen on while monitoring voltage and current of the battery). Well, I just completed the same test with ZL9300 (ran it for almost 2 hours) and under the same test conditions it came up as 13200 mAh. Obviously, that's not an exact capacity, but under exactly same stress test conditions it reported 3x capacity of my OEM Samsung battery. I take it to the bank!!! :)

I'm running Nova Battery Tester second time now just to make sure I get consistent result, and will post it's result screen shots. Still waiting for my test probe-clips from eBay to run external VA meter measurement...

ppn7

Feb 17, 2013
An

Anybody has tested the wifi? With that size i m afraid of losing some signals.
Wifi analyzer can do the job with stock battery and zerolemon.

Note_2

Nov 19, 2012
I got 17 hrs screen on time on 1 charge. More details in the larger zerolemon thread.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
wi-fi signal is very strong, not difference in comparison to stock battery setup!

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I've been comparing signals stock to ZL on and off. I haven't found any significant difference. Cell, wifi, and bluetooth. NFC signal REALLY sucks... :D

Yes, I know that the antenna isn't there. I don't miss it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm still running stress test to drain down the battery. Received it yesterday, was at 60% from the box. Charged it up to 100% and then kept it on for another 5hr even after green light indicator went on. I can't sit all day and use it continuously, so I'm running Nova Battery Tester benchmark app. As I mentioned before, it doesn't provide the exact accurate reading of the mAh, but does it's calculation by running a very CPU-intense stress test at full max brightness and everything on (except 4G) for about 2hr at a time while monitoring battery discharge. This is more vigorous than a regular use and I already ran 6 full cycles with battery down to 35% now. I will continue running it down to 2% or so. What I found is that reported mAh capacity is showing consistently 3x or more the capacity of my stock battery I ran under the same test conditions. Doesn't matter mAh reading, it's a relative test and for sure - this ZeroLemon 9300 mAh is at least 3x times the capacity of our stock Samsung 3100 mAh battery!

Here is a screen shot with Nova Batt Tester results so you can see my latest tests with ZL showing triple capacity in comparison to previous stock batt results. Once I drain my battery with Nova stress test, I will post a final screen shot of total battery run time and screen-on time.

nova_batt_tester_01_zps2f5455af.jpg

Furthermore, I confirmed that ZeroLemon TPU case DOES fit Seidio CONVERT holster. It's not a tight fit, but since CONVERT has a spring-loaded latch which can also be locked, you can definitely use it with a good piece of mind. Here are pictures:

zl9300_convert-01_zps9e907d33.jpg

zl9300_convert-02_zps24c0b42c.jpg

zl9300_convert-03_zpsc551b808.jpg

OK, now here is a scoop on Defender mod for ZeroLemon 9300 mAh battery. Yes, I did it, and No, I'm not too crazy about it. I was using a wireless dremel tool holding back panel of the inner plastic case in my hand while drilling with another hand. So, it was all up in the air. I could have done a better job if I had it fixed on the table. It fits for sure, but will take a little time for an outer rubber shell to stretch, I guess. As of now, power button is not easy to push, and only up volume works as expected while down volume I have to press by pushing on the case from behind the button since its not aligned perfectly. For sure, this mod will give you more protection than original TPU case from ZeroLemon, especially higher lip around the screen. And you can also use Defender holster with it, but overall it adds more bulk and fitment is not as seamless. Personally, I will give it a day or two to see how it will stretch (and keep in mind, I'm using HK version of Defender), and then will go to original TPU case. Of course, will be anxiously waiting for ZL new rugged case they are working on due this summer!!!

Here are the pictures of my ZL-Defender mod:

zl-def-mod-01_zpsdd803136.jpg

zl-def-mod-02_zps5df58fe9.jpg

zl-def-mod-03_zps3a97ee78.jpg

zl-def-mod-04_zps56cce047.jpg

zl-def-mod-05_zpsabc75cb1.jpg

zl-def-mod-06_zps16d98942.jpg

zl-def-mod-07_zps32829d20.jpg

zl-def-mod-08_zps15030a0d.jpg

zl-def-mod-09_zps1422e0e6.jpg

zl-def-mod-10_zpscc8ac63e.jpg

With Defender holster, it only fits face in (and a tight fit) and NOT face out:

zl-def-mod-11_zpsd3e40140.jpg

zl-def-mod-12_zps9144d5ec.jpg

zl-def-mod-13_zpse12a5a38.jpg

.... and here is a final result of Screen-on time!!! We are talking about 20 hours of screen time with 9% still remaining!!! And, I'm not talking about 20 hours (out of 36 hours after full battery charge) of keeping screen on with some light use. About 14 hours of that time was running Nova Battery Test cpu stress test at max brightness and gps/bt on. Pure monster power!

zl_final_test-01_zps20514366.jpg

zl_final_test-02_zps9d6de38a.jpg
    This is a review of ZeroLemon 9300 mAh extended battery for Note 2: http://www.zerolemon.com/details.php?des_id=75&slug=galaxy-note-ii-9300mah-extended-battery

When life gives you lemons - you make lemonade. When life gives you ZeroLemon 9300 mAh extended battery - you put it in the charger for 12 hours prior to initial use :) The long anticipated 9300 mAh extended battery for Note 2 is here!!! And for $39.99 including TPU case - you are getting a triple capacity of Samsung OEM 3100 mAh battery. This is a first part of my review where I will go over the battery, the case, the fitment, and comparison details. Due to capacity of this battery and requirement of a few charge cycles, the performance part of the review will follow in a few days. I'm also planning to use my VA battery monitor setup to measure externally the exact capacity of this battery.

So let's start with dimensions to give you an idea of how triple capacity translates into footprint increase. Just for the reference, original Samsung OEM 3100 mAh battery is 75 mm x 56 mm x 5.6 mm (2.95" x 2.18" x 0.22") and weight of 54g (1.9oz). The new ZL9300 is 110.8 mm x 71.6 mm x 6.2 mm (thinner side) / 12.9 mm (stacked up side) -> 4.36" x 2.82" x 0.24" (thin) / 0.5" (thicker side). The weight of ZL9300 is 166g (5.9oz), and together with TPU case your Note 2 will clock in at 330g (11.7oz) and thickness of 18.76mm. In comparison, a naked N2 is 164g and thickness of 10.68mm. It obviously makes phone heavier and beefier in your hand, but dimensions with TPU cases are as thick/wide as Defender and length wise even shorter. I use Defender as a comparison also for a reason since this case is a very popular mod for extended batteries, and I'm planning to modify my "real" Defender for that purpose. Comparison pictures included below.

Now to the battery itself. It looks like a regular size battery stacked on top of a longer thinner plate which most like host 2/3 of the total capacity. As I mentioned above, verification of capacity will take time since we are dealing with 9300 mAh battery where charging and discharging (use) takes time hopefully measured in days (for use) rather than hours. In this particular case due to its dimensions it obviously makes no sense to have battery cover - as a matter of fact it would have been impossible to include cover. Instead, ZeroLemon designed TPU case that serves a purpose of both battery cover and some basic protection. Unfortunately, NFC is not included. The case itself is made out of typical semi-rigid material and has a very nice fitment with a phone, although you do get some pulling around sides typical for TPU material. The history of this ZL9300 release is that battery was available awhile ago but initial batch of TPU cases was loose, so the decision was made to delay the release in order to fix the problem and to deliver 100% finished product. The finish of TPU case is matte with a nice non-slip grippy texture that feels good in your hand and will provide some friction on the surface. Very important since due to increased size and weight you would want to have a better grip. It also offers edge/lip for a screen protection when placed down but I wish it would have been bigger. As a bare minimum it will work, but for example in my case where I use tempered glass on my screen - the lip is almost the same depth as a thickness of my tempered glass protector. If I place it down on the flat surface I might have a micron of clearance, but this problem is ONLY in my case because I use a thick tempered glass protector. For anybody with a typical PET film protector you should have more clearance. All the port openings are perfectly aligned, from micro-usb port, to s-pen opening, mic, headphone, camera and flash opening (partitioned in a nice way). I have to mention about the speaker in the back - since TPU cover will not be flush with a speaker, inside of the case there is a partition to isolate and direct sound to speaker cutout in TPU case. Nice design detail! Power and volume up/down buttons are separated and easy to press with a nice tactile feedback.

As a bare minimum this TPU case is pretty good considering you are getting a decent grip and basic protection right out of the box. Also, ZeroLemon made clear they are working on a rugged case to be available sometime during the summer. This is a huge plus!!! Of course, for those who can't wait, you can always do a popular Defender case mode to cut out back panel of it's inner plastic shelf and use external rubber layer on top. I will plan to do it myself as well. Furthermore, if you are curious about using this case in the car, I confirmed and included pictures of Arkon mega-grip mount to work perfectly with it. The only other comment I have is that I hope ZeroLemon will consider making an external battery charger for ZL9300. Typically you would want to charge this battery overnight, but if you run out of "lemon" juice during the day - if you swap with another battery, you don't have other way to charge this extended battery, unless you find some off-the shelf charger (and even those are typically 350mA-500mA that take forever).

Right now, I'm putting my battery on the charger and will keep it for awhile before I'm going to start doing my testing. But in a meantime, enjoy these pictures:

zl9300-01_zps147e2ce2.jpg

zl9300-02_zpsc5001bb0.jpg

zl9300-03_zps4745580a.jpg

zl9300-04_zps5635ff54.jpg

zl9300-05_zps17acae93.jpg

zl9300-06_zps2dd61377.jpg

zl9300-07_zps52ca91a0.jpg

zl9300-08_zps9d3bba93.jpg

zl9300-09_zpsfa6faf89.jpg

zl9300-10_zps6a7537bb.jpg

zl9300-11_zps3dcbe96b.jpg

zl9300-12_zps93b0676d.jpg

zl9300-13_zpsb1477e2a.jpg

zl9300-14_zps0848086e.jpg

zl9300-15_zps290a7f73.jpg

zl9300-16_zps52fb79c9.jpg

zl9300-17_zps37a314e2.jpg

zl9300-18_zpsdafe20ee.jpg

zl9300-19_zps99af8d36.jpg

zl9300-20_zps3dacdb98.jpg

zl9300-21_zps0f903cb7.jpg

zl9300-22_zpse7064645.jpg

zl9300-23_zps00dc1cff.jpg

zl9300-24_zpscd5ec4f8.jpg

zl9300-25_zps84eeafec.jpg

zl9300-26_zps03224b40.jpg

zl9300-27_zps5d91a085.jpg

zl9300-28_zps3e306d96.jpg
    OK, I got the first exclusive update from ZeroLemon about Rugged Case!!!!

Are you ready?

Their new rugged case is designed to fit original slim battery, double capacity 6200 mAh battery, and triple capacity 9300 mAh battery!!!! Yes, they designed it to be able to fit any kind of Note 2 battery!!!

I hope they will be able to reveal more info soon. I asked them to share with us if it has a kickstand, if there is a support for NFC, and if its a single piece of two-piece design. I didn't hear anything back about these last 3 questions. So, let's wait and see.

But the fact that their case will accommodate any battery size is AWESOME!!!!!
    Absolutely, this battery is a killer!!! Just a few afterthoughts since I finally drained it to 3% and removed/replaced with a stock battery until I get home to charge it back up.

Defender mod gave it more confidence in terms of higher lip and drop protection, in comparison to ZL TPU case. But it added extra bulk and the rubber part of mine Denfender didn't stretch as well after a day on (Denfender, get it? :)) Real Defender may be more stretching, but in my case buttons were not 100% aligned.

ZL TPU case felt slim after using Defender mod :) I actually think ZL did a good job with that TPU case, although dropping on a concrete surface is not advisable lol!!! I can't wait to see their rugged case. I will give them a benefit of a doubt it will be great!

As much as I loved that super power of big battery, and with my typical daily use it would last me easily 3 days, for my own personal purpose this battery is not for everyday use. I can think of plenty of cases where I'm out with family/kids and need to tether their Nexus 7 tablets (thus need extra battery life), or when I'm away from power supply for a while, or watching a movie, games, on vacation, etc. What makes it great that with single piece case (like UAG) I can easily remove stock battery and quickly assemble ZL battery with TPU case - makes it very convenient. Plus, I heard a rumor that ZL guys are looking into external fast charger so you might not even need to charge it up in the phone anymore.

Is this battery awesome? Hell yeah!!! Is it for everyone? Maybe not. Any bashing of this product is unreasonable because it does exactly what it advertises and with a best possible utilization of footprint and slim TPU case protection (within a reasonable limit).
    just ordered one of these, based on Vectrons fantastic review/pictures...He makes it so easy to tell if you will like something or not..Thanks V-man!:good::good:

You are welcome, W-man! :) I don't think there is another 9300 mAh or higher battery out there available for any other smart phone. Period!

I want to make a note since I have been asked how to get 20 hour screen time. That wasn't a real life use of the phone, but rather running a stress test in a loop to drain the battery. It was more like an endurance test. In real life your screen time or a total battery use time will be relative to your typical use with OEM battery. The whole point is that whatever total use time and screen time you are getting right now - there is a very good chance you will triple it with ZL9k3. I don't even have a custom ROM, all stock, although optimized to cut down on any background processes or screen/cpu widgets, and no constant syncing of accounts. But like I said, relatively speaking I tripled my stock battery life. And from all the feedback we have seen on this forum - everybody else see the same results. The battery itself is not that huge, and with ZL tpu case its very comfortable. True, it doesn't offer a stellar drop protection, but additional weight gives you a better feel in your hand and the grip itself is very good so there will be less chances of it slipping out.