[Huawei Ideos C8150 / U8150][General Development][Update 01-04-2011]

Search This thread

hamzairshad

Oct 17, 2009
Sialkot
Immediate Help

need immediate help. im trying to restore my backup i made few days back when ics port released for u8150. i checked it and wanted to go back on my fusionideos backup. and now its giving me this error while restoring the back up
e:format_volume: no MTD partition "cust"
error while formatting /datadata!
im using clockworkmod recovery 3.0.2.4
plz help

update: just to let you guys know when i flashed fusion ideos with CWM 3.0.2.4 it gave me boot logo and animation too. but now all i have is stock boot logo (ideos) and only a system anmation (android written animated logo) .

Attachments

• recovery.docx
    15.4 KB · Views: 62

veer1238

Jan 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
need immediate help. im trying to restore my backup i made few days back when ics port released for u8150. i checked it and wanted to go back on my fusionideos backup. and now its giving me this error while restoring the back up
e:format_volume: no MTD partition "cust"
error while formatting /datadata!
im using clockworkmod recovery 3.0.2.4
plz help

update: just to let you guys know when i flashed fusion ideos with CWM 3.0.2.4 it gave me boot logo and animation too. but now all i have is stock boot logo (ideos) and only a system anmation (android written animated logo) .

Frm which operator did you purchase your phone? Zong r ufone . You need to flash zong r ufone stock rom as your partion table has changed! I.e it cnt mount cust! I had the same problem.

hamzairshad

Oct 17, 2009
Sialkot
Frm which operator did you purchase your phone? Zong r ufone . You need to flash zong r ufone stock rom as your partion table has changed! I.e it cnt mount cust! I had the same problem.

veer jee i flashed it with stock rooted it falsh with recovery and tried to restore my backup. and guess what??? lol it gave me the same cust error again

hamzairshad

Oct 17, 2009
Sialkot
Which stock rom did you flash? Flash ufone stock rom and restore and let me know. Try using older recovery.

sent from my U8150 using my thumb!

restore with stock ufone. rooted flashed clockwork 3.0.1.9 <old recovery and this recovery doesnt support cust (/datadata) . it does restore my old backup and make new backups but 3.0.2.4 is still givin cust (/datadata) error. any fix?

killwaz

Dec 13, 2011
i needed to change the splash screen only so i changed the hex to the media but any way i still cant copy the picture i made .mbn to the media folder it says read-only
i used Root Explorer from my phone i used hex editor from the phone aswell i saved the edit then wen tot he root explorer and i copied the mbn from sd to the /system/media and it said Couldn't cuz Read-only :/

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
ALERT!

Has anyone else noticed that 90% of 'ALL' the links for official ROMs for our U8150 are dead!? All the ones on the wiki are void...

There are a couple blogs etc. that still have a few stock ROMs available for d/l

Has Huawei played the legal card?

cyberangel22k

Jan 20, 2012
Cauayan CIty
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Thanks for this..!!

On this thread I will explain all about general modification for Huawei Ideos U8150 / C8150 Devices.

What I will explain on this thread:
- Change path of bootanimation.zip from /cust partition to /system/media/
- Change oemlogo.mbn from /cust partition to /system/media/
- Make your own oemlogo.mbn (splashscreen)
- Multitouch support for U8150 / C8150
- Update link for Official Firmware from Huawei

Change path for bootanimation.zip

For default, U8150 / C8150 is mounting /cust partition at startup, and /system/bin/bootanimation will search the bootanimation.zip from /data/cust/media/ but, sometimes the Custom ROM is wiping the /cust partition and will load internal bootanimation from framework-res.apk.

so, we can change the path of bootanimation.zip to /system/media/ with hex editor.

this is the original path:
View attachment 555655

and change to /system/media like this:
View attachment 555656

Change path for oemlogo.mbn
For default splashscreen is located at splash partiton, but Huawei change the path to "hidden/unknown" partition.
so, when we try to flash the spashscreen to splash partition with fastboot, it will not work.
And also Huawei is using non standard rgb565 format.

after some trial, i successfully to make my oemlogo.mbn.
U8150/C8150 is using 240x320 rgb565 format.
we can make the custom oemlogo.mbn by converting the custom image to 240x320 rgb565 format with Paint.NET application and plugin.

Place the Rgb565.dll in plugin folder of Paint.NET

make your own splashscreen with 240x320 pixel and open with Paint.NET.
and then save as Rgb565 format.
View attachment 555669

And now how to flash the splashscreen to our device?

Huawei using the /system/bin/load_oemlogo for flashing the oemlogo.mbn (splashscreen) to our device.
But again, we must to change the path of oemlogo.mbn from /cust partition to /system/media

open the load_oemlogo with hex editor, and change:
View attachment 555673

to this:
View attachment 555674

After all modification is complete here we go to replace the bootanimation and load_oemlogo in /system/bin

place bootanimation.zip and oemlogo.mbn to /system/media/

go to shell with adb or terminal emulator, get su permission and type:
# load_oemlogo

Last step reboot the device...

Finally You will have custom bootanimation and custom splashcreen..

I make simple patcher that can automatically patch the bootanimation and load_oemlogo. it can save lot of time for developer.
just place the bootanimation and load_oemlogo in same folder with x8150_patcher.exe run x8150_patcher.exe and press patch.
you will have the patched bootanimation and load_oemlogo automatically.

here is the patcher:
View attachment 555679

I've been looking all over the net trying to solve how to change the boot/splash screen of Huawei U8350 but no threads are posted or what so ever. I found out from the blog of sebastian404 that huawei U8150 IDEOS and U8350 Boulder are pretty much the same... So I tried it on my U8350 and proven it works on my first try... :eek:

I'm going to create a thread for Huawei U8350..
CREDIT GOES TO YOU!!:D
THANKS MATE!!

cyberangel22k

Jan 20, 2012
Cauayan CIty
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
suggestions please?

I've been looking all over the net trying to solve how to change the boot/splash screen of Huawei U8
350 but no threads are posted or what so ever. I found out from the blog of sebastian404 that huawei U8150 IDEOS and U8350 Boulder are pretty much the same... So I tried it on my U8350 and proven it works on my first try... :eek:

I'm going to create a thread for Huawei U8350..
CREDIT GOES TO YOU!!:D
THANKS MATE!!

As - said on my prevoius post, I had successfully flashed my oemlogo easily.. But when I tried the bootanimation, it just goes black during startup.. I mannually hex edited the bootanimation in system/bin and I know I didn't mess it up because it work on the load_oemlogo.. I also tried to restore the original bootanimation and placed the bootanimation.zip in the default folder but it stayed black during startup.. any suggestions?

chissa

Aug 18, 2011
USB storage not mounting

Hi guys I have the ideos u8150D loaded with the fusion ideos 2.7.10 rom. I have an issue where it wont mount the SD card on a windows computer both 7 and Xp but on the same machine using linux (suse 11.3) it mounts pretty happily.... any way of fixing this???

Thanks

Ted Mosby

Jun 18, 2011
Zagreb
Hello everyone

I have problem with U8150. I replaced broken Synaptics digitizer with the Melfas one from the eBay (didn't know the manufacturer before purchasing because the touchscreen was broken :D). Touchscreen is workin fine except capacititive keys under the screen. Can it be that the stock ROM from T-MO Croatia (or precisely kernel) doesn't support keys from Melfas?

TIA!

Ted Mosby

Jun 18, 2011
Zagreb
Can anyone post download link for HTC IME keyboard that works on IDEOS? Or maybe stock Touchpal keyboard from original ROM's?

josemata00

Aug 19, 2009
Yaracuy - Venezuela
Good.

I have a problem with my C8150 (Movilnet Venezuela, CDMA). I clean of personal data within the phone settings menu. And restart is no signal and says "No UIM card" when in my case the card is not used. I've done all I have at my disposal and I could not solve.

Buenas.

Tengo un problema con mi C8150 (Movilnet Venezuela, CDMA). Hice limpieza de datos personales dentro del menú de ajustes del teléfono. Y al reiniciar está sin señal y dice "No hay tarjeta UIM", cuando en mi caso no se usa dicha tarjeta. He hecho todo lo que tengo a mi alcance y no he podido solucionar.

umaga2012

Jul 15, 2012
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Will u8150 ever be capable of running Android 4.0 and above smoothly? I know it doesn't have gpu and there are some ics and jb ports but there is always the issue of lagging even if you run some fancy scripts on it.Or perhaps should we accept gingerbread was the best we could ever have and just buy new phones

jimenezboy

Jan 2, 2010
Kapkatet
Hey guys, I have an old Huawei IDEOS U8150 that won't boot nor charge(??). Plugging it to a wall charger causes its LED and keypad lights to blink 10 times, but the screen remains blank. The same lights blink when I plug it to my PC, am also prompted to install drivers for "HUAWEI Technologies". None of the official Huawei Drivers nor the OEM Google drivers The screen takes a weird pink/magenta colour. I also can't get it to boot into recovery or anything. Can anyone point me in any direction to get it to work? Also what drivers can I use for my HUAWEI Technologies device? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On this thread I will explain all about general modification for Huawei Ideos U8150 / C8150 Devices.

What I will explain on this thread:
    - Change path of bootanimation.zip from /cust partition to /system/media/
    - Change oemlogo.mbn from /cust partition to /system/media/
    - Make your own oemlogo.mbn (splashscreen)
    - Multitouch support for U8150 / C8150
    - Update link for Official Firmware from Huawei

Change path for bootanimation.zip

For default, U8150 / C8150 is mounting /cust partition at startup, and /system/bin/bootanimation will search the bootanimation.zip from /data/cust/media/ but, sometimes the Custom ROM is wiping the /cust partition and will load internal bootanimation from framework-res.apk.

so, we can change the path of bootanimation.zip to /system/media/ with hex editor.

this is the original path:
    boot1.jpg

and change to /system/media like this:
    boot2.jpg

Change path for oemlogo.mbn
    For default splashscreen is located at splash partiton, but Huawei change the path to "hidden/unknown" partition.
    so, when we try to flash the spashscreen to splash partition with fastboot, it will not work.
    And also Huawei is using non standard rgb565 format.

after some trial, i successfully to make my oemlogo.mbn.
    U8150/C8150 is using 240x320 rgb565 format.
    we can make the custom oemlogo.mbn by converting the custom image to 240x320 rgb565 format with Paint.NET application and plugin.

the application can be download in here:
    paint.net

and the rgb565 from here:
    Rgb565

Place the Rgb565.dll in plugin folder of Paint.NET

make your own splashscreen with 240x320 pixel and open with Paint.NET.
    and then save as Rgb565 format.
    paint.jpg

And now how to flash the splashscreen to our device?

Huawei using the /system/bin/load_oemlogo for flashing the oemlogo.mbn (splashscreen) to our device.
    But again, we must to change the path of oemlogo.mbn from /cust partition to /system/media

open the load_oemlogo with hex editor, and change:
    splash1.jpg

to this:
    splash2.jpg

After all modification is complete here we go to replace the bootanimation and load_oemlogo in /system/bin

place bootanimation.zip and oemlogo.mbn to /system/media/

go to shell with adb or terminal emulator, get su permission and type:
    # load_oemlogo

Last step reboot the device...

Finally You will have custom bootanimation and custom splashcreen..

I make simple patcher that can automatically patch the bootanimation and load_oemlogo. it can save lot of time for developer.
    just place the bootanimation and load_oemlogo in same folder with x8150_patcher.exe run x8150_patcher.exe and press patch.
    you will have the patched bootanimation and load_oemlogo automatically.

here is the patcher:
    View attachment x8150_patcher.7z
    Multitouch Development, Finally Working!

The GOOD NEWS i have sucessfully to get multitouch capability on U8150 / C8150 device..
    But the BAD NEWS, I must to modify the driver again because i lost the touch panel (back, menu, home & search) button.

For now, i can get multitouch and touch panel work together.
    if multitouch is working, the touch panel not working. vice versa..

Update 30th March 2011:
    Successfully get Multitouch and Touch panel working together.

I will release the ROM when I finishing the RC2 of Andro-ID v2.2 for C8150.
    I must cleaning up the system now..

This is some preview of Multitouch Capability on C8150:

After re-check the code, and nothing problem that I see.
    Now I share the patch file for kernel source:
    View attachment multitouch-c8150.patch.zip

And also the compiled kernel:
    View attachment zImage.zip

I'm so happy to get the the new feature on our device..
    the multitouch patch is not working in my kernel :((((((

edit: tried also your compiled kernel, same issue.... Maybe it's not real compatible with all devices.... I'll investigate..
    That's also for U8150, or we have to wait?

it work with U8150..

Sent from my Ideos