HTC Butterfly comes to Asia !

Search This thread

kaungmyataung

Nov 16, 2011
Porting Myanmar Font from HTC Butterfly To other Android (e.g. GNexus)

Hi Guys,

Anybody interested or start working on Porting Myanmar Font from HTC Butterfly To other Android (e.g. GNexus) ?

Rgds,
KMA

alicepattinson

Jan 23, 2013
It's been quite long enough that HTC Butterfly is already here in the Phil. Maybe only some parts of the country.

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
After two years with the HTC Incredible S, the phone's USB port has broken for the second time, forcing a change decision. The contenders are:
1. HTC Butterfly. 2. Sony Xperia Z. 3. HTC One.
Discussions of Pros/Cons:

Screen size: HTC B=SXZ>HTC 1.
Display (PPI, Brightness/contrast/technology): HTC1>HTC B>SXZ.
Processors/RAM/GPU: HTC 1>SXZ=HTC B.
Battery: SXZ>1>B.
Build quality/aesthetics: SXZ=1>B.
Root/boot loader unlock able/ CID Unlock able: SXZ>>1&B. This aspect is most important for future usability once OEM discontinues support (ref HTC HD2).
Memory/storage: SXZ (16+32/64)=B(16+32/64)>1(32/64, only 32 planned in India, as yet).
Price low to high, India only, sim-free, carrier-free: SXZ>1>B.

After solving the matrix, I've come to the conclusion that I'll buy the SXZ. Your comments/advice?

Dead cookies leave no trails...

PS.The same question is also posed on the SXZ,HTC B AND HTC 1 Indian buyer forums.

Dannyada1988

Feb 20, 2013
I have expected the phone at a long time,although the new HTC One is released, I think I am still stick to the butterfly.

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
I have expected the phone (HTC Butterfly) at a long time,although the new HTC One is released, I think I am still stick to the butterfly.

My sentiments exactly. I'm in the market for a replacement to my HTC Incredible S. I personally feel that the Butterfly is a better contender as a replacement than the M7/HTC-1. The other contender being the Sony Xperia Z.

Last edited:

zjelko

Apr 16, 2011
Hello,

I bought my phone in Thailand 3 weeks ago. I read about it but first wanted the LG Nexus. The awesome screen made me decide different and i bought the Butterfly. According to the sales guy i was one of the first in Thailand ............
Great phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In almost all shops.. S.Ex.. Lajpat.. its anything between 43 and 44

Well if thats the official price then its better to wait off for the release of Sony Xperia Z , its price is being reported as 36k and it is definitely better than HTC Droid Dna
    I got red Butterfly since first week of January in Myanmar:D

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app
    Most wise decision. HTC has always been dev unfriendly with its locked bootloaders and s-on flags, whereas Sony is easy to unlock and root. Add to it the price difference, 12MP exmor camera, better IPX rating... I'm already contemplating jumping ship from HTC to Sony....

Dead cookies leave no trails...

Yup, 44k is a big price for that if Sony Xperia Z actually gets priced at 36k ! And yes the locked bootloaders, if possible it would be better to avoid HTC in that case

I got red Butterfly since first week of January in Myanmar:D

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app

What price did you get it for? And ya Myanmar got it early than the rest of India !
    It has built in radio... Indian butterfly x920d... Confirmed

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium
    Htc one doesnt have sdcard support, it is having smaller screen, and you cant splash water on it :)

Personally i dont like the two speaker grills at the front, i dont care whether it is a superior material than plastic that we have on butterfly, it is just ugly.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly