Cracked Screen

Search This thread

Nosferatu.

Dec 20, 2011
Tampa, Florida
My phone is beyond warranty...water damaged and rooted so I'm doing this myself. Any thoughts on where to get the most reliable screen? I was looking around on Amazon for a few and there's various options. Which is the best one to go with? The digitizer works fine. Phone's been damaged since the holidays and works fine minus the crack.

Here's the damage...

Attachments

• att_138859027273835.jpeg
    att_138859027273835.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 663

nbeebe24

Jun 16, 2009
You're going to need to buy the LCD and digitizer assembly. Unless you're very careful you're likely to break the LCD while trying to separate it from the digitizer. It's very thin and glued with industrial adhesive.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nosferatu.

Dec 20, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You're going to need to buy the LCD and digitizer assembly. Unless you're very careful you're likely to break the LCD while trying to separate it from the digitizer. It's very thin and glued with industrial adhesive.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

that appears pricey then...it's not that much of a deal breaker on the screen to me. I don't notice it unless it's a completely white screen. How much would someone charge to replace it in your opinion and who would you ask since I'd likely break the digitizer while replacing the screen?

nbeebe24

Jun 16, 2009
that appears pricey then...it's not that much of a deal breaker on the screen to me. I don't notice it unless it's a completely white screen. How much would someone charge to replace it in your opinion and who would you ask since I'd likely break the digitizer while replacing the screen?

Yeah it is. I'm speaking from personal experience though. I tried to repair a digitizer on my phone before and it's very difficult to not break the lcd panel. It takes patience and a lot of care to complete. There's people in my area that do it on craigslist for upwards of $150. I'm not saying you can't do it, I'm saying it may end up being a more costly repair if you break the lcd as I did. Check out some YouTube videos and decide whether or not you'd like to do it yourself, because it can be done.