[GUIDE] Lenovo S650 running VIBEUI v1.5 KitKat (4.4.2)

Search This thread

magix01

Dec 30, 2013
Can roms from S650 work on S660, basically its the same hardware, just outer design change. Or it could be some other kernel stuff in there?

ioankara

Sep 30, 2014
After the installation VIBEUI v1.5 KitKat (4.4.2)
I can not update the supersu.
When I select normal installation failed
When I select twrp/cwm starts doing reboot the Team Win Recovery and saws no md5 file found.
Please your help.

Thank you for all....!!!!

ioankara

Sep 30, 2014
When I select twrp/cwm starts doing reboot the Team Win Recovery and saws no md5 file found.
Please your help.

I passed VIBEUI v1.5 KitKat (4.4.2) with SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352.01
I had checked the command format all + Download
And besides the problem with SuperSU, it saws that no md5 file found
I lost the IMEI,
SERIAL NUMBER,
BLUETOOTH ANDRES,
WiFi ANDRES
The IMEI MTKdroidTools is corrected, not the others.

Please give me your help

Sorry for my bad English.

SkywalkerZ

Sep 11, 2013
Light Side
Please your help.

I suppose you have twrp installed?
Just copy the su update zip (latest stable is v2.37) to internal sd card(or external sd) , reboot into recover and flash
simple

Reactions: ioankara

evilc2v90

Oct 14, 2014
lenovo s650 did not power on

Afternoon.

i have lenovo s650 and i dont know what is actually my ROM. Last 3 days, my lenovo have been power off for charge, but then after 2 hours, i power on my phone but it stuck on first boot logo. Then it lost, and boot logo appears again then go to recovery mode. In the recovery mode have an option :

1) wipe data
2) something about partition
3) didnt remember
4) reboot

This 4 option, i chose wipe data, then about 1 minutes, says clear. Then i chose reboot phone. After a couple of seconds, the boot logo appears, then lost again, then appears again, then go to recovery mode. It goes to recovery mode itself. I do not know why it happen like that. Please help me. Sorry for my bad english.

angelkhen01

Feb 3, 2016
s650 flash at forever 0 when DA DL Checksum is clicked or ticked

helo sir do you know what is the problem of this..

when i use sp flashtool for flashing my lenovo s650 it will flash when i dont tick/checked the DA DL All with Checksum.. ofcourse this will cause the Tool image Fail.. ang uboot is blocking by dl blahblah..

but when i tick/checked it it will flash only red then purple then it will stay 0%..
it will not finish the job until some error will pop up BROM: S_DA_UART_ERROR (3060)

please help me on this one im new here..

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Hello pls help..

helo sir do you know what is the problem of this..

when i use sp flashtool for flashing my lenovo s650 it will work/flash the phone when i dont tick/checked the DA DL All with Checksum..ofcourse we know the output which will be stucked on a screen saying.."tool dl image fail uboot is blocking blahblah" proved!

PreLoader USB VCOM Port-ok
S650_ROW_S116 ROM-ok
S650_ROW_S305 ROM-ok
Scatter files -ok

the real problem is this:

but when i tick/checked the DA DL All with Checksum it will flash only red then purple then it will stay 0%.. until it show a message like this..

BROM ERROR: S_DA_UART_CKSUM_ERROR(3060)

what would be the problem.. itried switching to other versions of flashtools and different Scatterfiles/ROMs..

benjayson

Sep 2, 2016
need some helf..

first i flash this Lenovo S650_ROW_S308_150121 ROM but have problem it always boot logo i think that is boot loop.
and then i try to another firmware like this S650_S119_131014-Lang_Fix but same problem and boot logo.

what is the problem and why they can successful..i try to flash again but same problem again..
how to solve this problem? i am wrong flash? how to get back this?

i need help..please...

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

need some helf..

first i flash this Lenovo S650_ROW_S308_150121 ROM but have problem it always boot logo i think that is boot loop.
and then i try to another firmware like this S650_S119_131014-Lang_Fix but same problem and boot logo.

what is the problem and why they can successful..i try to flash again but same problem again..
how to solve this problem? i am wrong flash? how to get back this?

diretouch

Nov 2, 2015
hi there

i have one S650. It has a pattern and a friend of mine wants to save him pictures before reinstalling the firmware.
Of course he don`t remember it...
When i start the phone and enter in Command prompt on my notebook adb sees no devices. Can i somehow force the phone to enable the adb and try to remove the password though adb.
Option 2 : how to enter fastboot ?! The phone has recovery on chinese and if i remember right have tried every row from the menu but without success.

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a tutorial to flash VIBEUI ROM running KitKat (4.4.2) on Lenovo S650
    If ur current ROM is ROW , follow 01-22
    If ur current ROM is CN , follow step below 05-22
    If ur current ROM is VIBE, follow step 13-22

Download all items below from here :-
    1. Flash_Tool
    2. S650_S119_131014
    3. VRoot
    4. TWRP_v2.6.3.0_CN
    5. 4.4.2_GApps
    6. SuperSU_v1.94
    7. S650_VIBEUI_V1.5_xxxx_ST

Copy item 5,6,7 into ur ext sdcard

Install USB drivers 1st...

Download USB driver
    Disconnect the hp from usb
    Install exe file
    Once finished, connect the hp to usb

How to flash scatter file...

Unpack FlashTools, and Click on Flash_tool.exe
    Select a the MT6582_Android_scatter_emmc.txt in ROM
    Wait file to be added into Flash Tool
    Check the field “DA DL All With Check Sum”
    Choose Option->DA DownLoad All->Speed->Force to High Speed
    Turn off your phone, remove the battery.
    Hit Download / F8 button
    Connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
    The process will start and and wait until green circles display
    Finish !
    You can now safely disconnect your phone put the battery in and turn it on.

01. Off ur hp and take out the battery
    02. Extract and Flash "S650_S119_131014-Lang_Fix"
    03. Once finished, close flash_tool app and disconnect usb cable
    04. Insert battery and turn it on, let it boot once
    05. Root using "VRoot"
    06. Install "MobileUncle MTK Tools" from Play Store
    07. Off ur hp and take out the battery
    08. Run flash_tool again
    09. Extract and Flash "TWRP_v2.6.3.0_S650_CN"
    10. Press F9 and answer YES (Don't press F8)
    11. Once finished, close flash_tool app and disconnect usb cable
    12. Insert battery and turn it on
    13. Click 10x "Build Number"
    14. Enable "USB debugging"
    15. Reboot in Recovery via "MobileUncle MTK Tools"
    16. Wipe dalvik cache , cache and data
    17. Install "VIBEUI_V1.5_xxxx_ST"
    18. Install "GApps"
    19. Install "SuperSU"
    20. Wipe dalvik cache and cache again
    21. Reboot
    22. Once ur hp boot, press + for English
    Flash procedure

If anyone is interested, you can actually skip the Vroot part by doing the following procedure, this way means you don't end up with any Chinese apps or Chinese root program in your phone, just simple superuser !!!

Once you have chosen the scatter file in flash tool, click on the RECOVERY line, this will open up a window so that you can choose which recovery.

Choose the TWRP recovery you downloaded and then proceed with the flash procedure as normal.

Once finished reboot the phone.

Now power down

Now power on holding volume up and down together, release power button only on vibrate, this will boot recovery

You should see TWRP reovery, go to wipes / advanced wipe wipe cache and dalvik

Now go back to main menu and choose reboot, you should see a prompt that SUPERUSER IS NOT INSTALLED, JUST SLIDE THE BAR TO INSTALL

Now once the phone is rebooted you will see superuser icon on screen, click it and it will tell you to update, easiest is via play store ( make sure you added account ) , it will tell you upgrade success and tell you to update binary, do this too and now you are rooted
    @aariss
    is this rom ported from another model's rom or based on stock update for s650?

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

here's another download link:
    http://pub.ota.lenovomm.com/VIBEROM/DEV/DEV1415/VIBEUI_V1.5_1415_3_DEV_S650_NK_W_A291.zip
    Hello friends, i need your help. I bought Lenovo s650 form Aliexpress and saller instaled aplications for EU (Play Store, etc) and many languages. Now i updated my phone and i lost all apps and languages and got new version (VIBEROM_V1.0_1415_ST_S650) with chinese apps and only chinese and english languages. This upgrade kit kat comes with multiple languages? :confused:

i get from that u didnt make a backup !!, and no this kitkat has only English and Chinese, if u want to get your preinstalled rom back u can download this: http://www.needrom.com/mobile/s650-multi-lang-official-rom/
    i'd like to thank bluerichblue too. Can you link me to the stripping guide?