Just got it today... Temperatures though...

Search This thread

EtherealRemnant

Well I just got mine today... Its FA44EWM... and its a fireball just like my M7. GSAM was reporting 109F when it was setting up initially. Couldn't even hold the thing.

Reviews said that it doesn't get hot at all so I don't know what's up with it. I'll use it for a few days and report back. Anyone else having temperature issues? I'm afraid its going to fry the camera like the M7 :\

dietime

Apr 22, 2014
I noticed my m8 got pretty hot when streaming video through the my dji quadcopter app. In normal use it does not seem to have any issues. The aluminum body is supposed to be a great heat sink.

EtherealRemnant

I guess I'll just have to watch it then. I knew it was too good to be true asking for a Qualcomm SoC that doesn't have heat issues... At least its not the Sensation I guess.

I just ran a stability test with Antutu... Its actually not that bad although if it was on the charger, it would be problematic. Topped out at 108F/42C, started at 86F/30C

Other than that, everything is perfect on this phone. Not a single build quality imperfection, great LCD, surprisingly nice camera, and better signal than the M7 had. I don't regret it at all, the heat is just disappointing. My UAG Maverick will be here on Wednesday along with my 32GB microSDHC UHS-I card I got from Amazon for 25 bucks.

Last edited:

jonathan413

Apr 3, 2010
Mines has no heat issues. Only heats up during intense gaming, benchmarking, and for some reason it heats up when the battery dips below 20% but only to a warm touch except for gaming it heats up tremendously. Even with my screen brightness all the way up it doesn't heat up ridiculously. Overall it's fantastic.. give it a few days or send it back for a replacement.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
Same here, I haven't had any heating issues, phone is always cool to the touch.

EtherealRemnant

How odd... it appears to be settling in or something. I just did a run with Brave Frontier (a game which is a great way to overheat your phone) with it plugged into the charger and its at 102F. The One would be at 113F by now and no longer charging as a result. I think I'll watch it for a bit. I seem to remember that my M7 actually hit 119 when I first got it and then settled down to a normal max of 110 with it rarely hitting 113 on the charger.

If Brave Frontier didn't overheat it, nothing will. Brave Frontier actually has a dedicated question in their FAQ for LG G2s overheating and its overheated my Nexus 7 before and crashed more than once as a result so this is actually kind of impressive. I'll report back as I use the device.

l7777

May 2, 2007
How odd... it appears to be settling in or something. I just did a run with Brave Frontier (a game which is a great way to overheat your phone) with it plugged into the charger and its at 102F. The One would be at 113F by now and no longer charging as a result. I think I'll watch it for a bit. I seem to remember that my M7 actually hit 119 when I first got it and then settled down to a normal max of 110 with it rarely hitting 113 on the charger.

If Brave Frontier didn't overheat it, nothing will. Brave Frontier actually has a dedicated question in their FAQ for LG G2s overheating and its overheated my Nexus 7 before and crashed more than once as a result so this is actually kind of impressive. I'll report back as I use the device.
I've seen 11x degrees while charging, streaming google play music, using the GPS, and running ingress all with the phone mounted on a sunny dashboard. My device is my car infotainment system so it gets used heavily in the car. It doesn't always get that warm but definitely warm to the touch. Eliminate a few of those things and it will cool down but I would still call it warm when playing a game. Unless someone tells you exactly what they're doing with the device you should take temperature reports with a grain of salt. There are a lot of variables and unless you make them the same you can't compare two different usage patterns. I'm guessing it would stay cooler if you kept the CPU and GPU underclocked but if you run them at their specified clock speeds the device will heat up. Simply checking e-mail or web browsing will keep my device cool to the touch as well.