Shutter Speed Issue...

Search This thread

klarthur

Feb 5, 2011
When I set my shutter speed in manual mode to anything between 2.5 and 4 seconds (for long exposures) it seems that my camera draws MUCH more light and makes the screen and picture almost completely white. I have verified that the flash is off. I am new to long exposure photography and I know a phone isn't the best device for it, but I have seen a few reviews which mentioned it on this phone and thought I'd give it a try. Is anyone else noticing this? I am testing it in my office and the screen is almost a solid white. Thank you in advance

Last edited:

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
When I set my shutter speed in manual mode to anything between 2.5 and 4 seconds (for long exposures) it seems that my camera draws MUCH more light and makes the screen and picture almost completely white. I have verified that the flash is off. I am new to long exposure photography and I know a phone isn't the best device for it, but I have seen a few reviews which mentioned it on this phone and thought I'd give it a try. Is anyone else noticing this? I am testing it in my office and the screen is almost a solid white. Thank you in advance

Long exposure shots are usually used at night when it's not as bright. Pictures of the night sky where you can see the star trails, or the pictures of cars on the highway with the headlights as a streak are examples of long exposure. Using long exposure when the is enough light for a normal picture will cause it to look washed out (overexposed) try the long exposure shot outside at night. If you have kids give them sparklers. It's a cool way to have fun with the family and get some really cool pictures.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Reactions: klarthur

klarthur

Feb 5, 2011
Long exposure shots are usually used at night when it's not as bright. Pictures of the night sky where you can see the star trails, or the pictures of cars on the highway with the headlights as a streak are examples of long exposure. Using long exposure when the is enough light for a normal picture will cause it to look washed out (overexposed) try the long exposure shot outside at night. If you have kids give them sparklers. It's a cool way to have fun with the family and get some really cool pictures.

Thank you for the response. That makes much more sense! I appreciate you explaining it to a camera noobie like me :) Thanked!

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Thank you for the response. That makes much more sense! I appreciate you explaining it to a camera noobie like me :) Thanked!

No problem. My girlfriend has a cannon rebel t3i so we have taken a few long exposure shots. Very cool but kinda tricky. We have always used a tripod to hold the camera.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.