[Q] 64gb card only shows as 32gb, can anyone help?

Search This thread

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
Hi, I have now gone through 2 cards, the first one thinking it was broke so i sent it back, and my unit is doing the exact same with my new card.

When i got my first card which was a sandisk ultra 64gb sdxc card, i thought it was originaly a bad card as my unit wouldn't see it, plus when i put it into my laptop and formatted it, it only showed as 32gb.

i exchanged that card for basically the same one, but it said made for android on it.

I put that straight into my unit when i opened it and that said the same thing on my unit, can now safely remove card, and when i went to settings > storage, there was no sign of a card, it just said mount card, and if i did this, it would say preparing card then a little after say i can safely remove it again and still show nothing.

i have now put this card back on my laptop and formatted it as fat32 (as i thought this one was going to be already seems it says its made for android devices), and again, it shows on my laptop as only 32gb and not 64gb, the file system is fat32 as well.

i have seen screen shots of people using this card in a 10.1 and their storage does show as 64gb.

i have tried using hp format utility and guiformat to format as fat32 (both show on unit but only as 32gb), i have tried using windows 7 formatter to format as exfat (which wont show in my unit), i have also tried sdformatter 3.1 which also doesn't seem to get my 64gb to show.

can anyone help, i surely couldn;t have got 2 bad cards?

james

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
well the solution for me was to get a 32gb card as i just couldn't get a 64gb to work, i have not had the latest update either to test out a 64gb card.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Easius partition manager to format 64gb card FAT32... This will allow you to use the sd card until you get the update, it just means you're restricted to 4gb files and under....

vicky4112

Dec 26, 2012
Hi, I have now gone through 2 cards, the first one thinking it was broke so i sent it back, and my unit is doing the exact same with my new card.

When i got my first card which was a sandisk ultra 64gb sdxc card, i thought it was originaly a bad card as my unit wouldn't see it, plus when i put it into my laptop and formatted it, it only showed as 32gb.

i exchanged that card for basically the same one, but it said made for android on it.

I put that straight into my unit when i opened it and that said the same thing on my unit, can now safely remove card, and when i went to settings > storage, there was no sign of a card, it just said mount card, and if i did this, it would say preparing card then a little after say i can safely remove it again and still show nothing.

i have now put this card back on my laptop and formatted it as fat32 (as i thought this one was going to be already seems it says its made for android devices), and again, it shows on my laptop as only 32gb and not 64gb, the file system is fat32 as well.

i have seen screen shots of people using this card in a 10.1 and their storage does show as 64gb.

i have tried using hp format utility and guiformat to format as fat32 (both show on unit but only as 32gb), i have tried using windows 7 formatter to format as exfat (which wont show in my unit), i have also tried sdformatter 3.1 which also doesn't seem to get my 64gb to show.

can anyone help, i surely couldn;t have got 2 bad cards?

james
James:

I have gone through exactly same situation. Two cards same make and shows only 32 GB. Did you ever find a solution?

vicky4112

Dec 26, 2012
H2testw

Use that to test if card is a fake first as fake is the usual sd card problem .

jje
jje

I tried the H2TestW... when it opes it also only says 29 GB.
But when it was first seen by me it showed 64 GB with exFat format. Only upon using programs such as guiformat... to format it to FAT 32 it changed to the lower value.

schnurrbidurr

Feb 7, 2012
Does the Note support 64GB cards? The Samsung Uk site states "up to 32GB". If anyone should manage to get it to show full 64GB, please share as I'm wanting to buy a larger card.

richjt92

Jan 8, 2013
64 GB Card on Note 10.1

I am running a Sandisk 64GB SDcard on my Note 10.1 and it works fine.

I did install it...unmount it, format it and rremounted it.

It is a Wifi GT-N013 and the card worked under both ICS and JB.

Hope it helps

Top Liked Posts