SCH-i905 Users

Search This thread

recoil1911

Nov 10, 2012
I am new to posting in the forum but have recently forged ahead into custom ROMs. I went from stock ICS to Pershoot's CM10 10/30 build and now on the latest 11/9 ROM. So far it works pretty good. I documented the process if anyone is interested.

It looks like there are two active JB ROMs (Pershoot's & AOKP) on the Dev thread. Just wanting to get some interaction around this SGT10.1 model.

Thanks to Pershoot. Sorry, can't post in the dev thread yet.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: eejimen

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
The only thing about Cm10 builds across the board is battery life due to the way wakelocks seem to be handled. I'm sure that eventually things will work out. For now the degree of battery drain sometimes gets exasperated on our device because of the LTE modem so I have found it best to keep certain things frozen when the tablet is not in use like logging out of Talk, freezing Maps and turning off location services along with enabling airplane mode. I am not a user of other things that require a lot of data during sleep like Facebook, twitter or other instant messaging services so generally I get adequate battery life doing these things though not as good as with HC.

One thing is certain, I have never enjoyed using the tablet as much as I do now with Pershoot's build. The responsiveness and stability is fantastic. This is the way the tablet should have shipped from the start.

Last edited:

recoil1911

Nov 10, 2012
Agreed. Battery depletion seems to be greater on the custom ROMs vs. stock. Turning off location services shuts down the constant Wi-fi activity when the screen is off and tablet idle for a long time. I purchased Better Battery Stats to help figure out where I can conserve battery.

jsgalaxy

Nov 10, 2012
I am new to posting in the forum but have recently forged ahead into custom ROMs. I went from stock ICS to Pershoot's CM10 10/30 build and now on the latest 11/9 ROM. So far it works pretty good. I documented the process if anyone is interested.

It looks like there are two active JB ROMs (Pershoot's & AOKP) on the Dev thread. Just wanting to get some interaction around this SGT10.1 model.

I am interested in seeing your documentation. Do these builds work on OCD 4.0.4?

Reactions: Mholleycohen

recoil1911

Nov 10, 2012
My instructions for installing ClockWorkMod and flashing CM10 on my Verizon SCH-i905. Use at your own risk.

Notes:
• Must be on stock ICS (v4.0.4) before initial flash to CM10 ROM because of the LTE modem​
• Download ODIN 1.85 for Windows​
• Download and install Windows USB drivers for SGT10.1​
• Download latest Google Apps package for CM10 (zip file)​
• Download latest CM10 p4vzw ROM zip file and CWM Recovery (recovery.tar.md5)​

ClockWorkMod Recovery Installation:
• Boot tablet and ensure there is enough battery​
• Turn off USB debugging in the SGT10.1​
• Connect the USB cable from PC to tablet and copy/paste the latest p4vzw CM10 ROM zip file and CM10 Google apps zip file to the root file system of the SGT10.1​
• Power down tablet and disconnect USB cable. Power it up by holding down the Power button and Volume Up button (Closest to Power button) simultaneously.​
• When Samsung Galaxy logo appears release the power button only
• Once you see the two recovery/download icons you can release the Volume Up button​
• The Android icon should be flashing. Press the Volume Down button (Furthest from Power button) to select download mode and Volume Up to acknowledge warning message. It should indicate awaiting for downloading.​
• Start ODIN (run as Administrator) and connect cable from PC to SGT10.1. You should see yellow highlighted in the COM port and a COM port number.​
• Browse in the PDA slot to the latest CWM recovery “recovery.tar.md5”. Make sure the only checked options are “Auto Reboot" and “F.Reset Time”​
See the next step before proceeding. Click the start button in ODIN. It should quickly complete and show a green “Pass” message and the table will automatically reboot.​
• When the SGT10.1 reboots and before or during the Samsung Galaxy Tab logo press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously to return to the recovery/download icons. If the SGT10.1 boots up normally you will not be able to boot into CWM recovery.

CM10 ROM and Google Apps Installation:
• With the two recovery/download icons displayed, press the Volume Up button to highlight recovery mode​
• Press the Volume Down button to select it​
• The tablet will boot into CWM Recovery (v6.0.1.5)​
• Make a NANDROID backup (Optional)​
• Select wipe data/factory reset (factory defaults, doesn’t erase SDCARD/user data). Press power button to enter. Confirm by selecting yes.​
• Select wipe cache partition. Press power button to enter. Confirm by selecting yes.​
• Go into Advanced and select wipe Dalvik cache. Press power button to enter. Confirm by selecting yes. Go back to main menu.​
• Select “Install zip from SD card”. Press power button to enter.​
• Select “Choose zip from SD card”. Press power button to enter.​
• Navigate to the CM10 p4vzw ROM zip file and select it. Confirm by selecting yes. This should take about a minute.​
• Go back to main menu and repeat to "install zip from SD card" and "choose zip file from SD card".​
• Navigate to the Google Apps zip file and install it. Go back to main menu.​
• Select “reboot system now”. The startup logo will go for a while and app optimization will proceed..​
• Finished. You should be Jelly Bean operational.​

Observations:
I did have a situation where the tablet would always go into stock recovery instead of CWM after installing CWM. If you run into that same situation let me know and I can provide some direction.

CM10 nightlies can then be installed in the Android System settings "About Tablet" -> "CyanogenMod Updates" section

Reactions: ThierryXN

pcpimpin

Aug 26, 2010
CBUS
www.aypcservices.com
• Must be on stock ICS (v4.0.4) before initial flash to CM10 ROM because of the LTE modem

Might be a stupid question but, I am already running [ROM] [JB] [P4--P4WIFI--P4VZW] 4.1.2 AOKP for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Do I still need to be on stock ICS before I flash this? I understand that I do need to update CWM via odin. Thanks!

recoil1911

Nov 10, 2012
• Must be on stock ICS (v4.0.4) before initial flash to CM10 ROM because of the LTE modem

Might be a stupid question but, I am already running [ROM] [JB] [P4--P4WIFI--P4VZW] 4.1.2 AOKP for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Do I still need to be on stock ICS before I flash this? I understand that I do need to update CWM via odin. Thanks!

I wouldn't think so. You probably flashed from ICS when you went to AOKP. After updating CWM I suggest factory wiping and clearing both caches before installing CM10. CM10.1 for the p4vzw is out but I would stay with CM10 for this transition.

pcpimpin

Aug 26, 2010
CBUS
www.aypcservices.com
I wouldn't think so. You probably flashed from ICS when you went to AOKP. After updating CWM I suggest factory wiping and clearing both caches before installing CM10. CM10.1 for the p4vzw is out but I would stay with CM10 for this transition.

That's what I thought. Yep I was on stock ICS before flahing AOKP. On AOKP my tablet will not deep sleep. Looks to be a modem lock. I hope CM 10 has better battery life :) Thanks for the reply! :)

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
Observations:
I did have a situation where the tablet would always go into stock recovery instead of CWM after installing CWM. If you run into that same situation let me know and I can provide some direction.

I have run into this and have not figured it out? What did you do?

I'm also looking for the official ICS OTA that I can flash.

Thanks

recoil1911

Nov 10, 2012
Observations:

Thanks

To fix the CWM boot issue. I did have to install root first by downloading and flashing su from here. http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip
  1. Install "Root Browser Lite" from Google Play
  2. Run "Root Browser Lite" and navigate to the "system/etc" folder
  3. Select the file "install-recovery.sh" and view it. Select "RB Text Editor" to open it..
  4. After the line "#!/system/bin/sh" add a new line and enter "exit 0". Save the file and exit.
  5. Power off tablet, power up into recovery/download mode.
After doing these steps I noticed it still booted into stock recovery. I ODIN'd CWM once more and then it worked fine after that.

Your should have received a firmware upgrade notice when you search for updates.

Reactions: MichaelMcC

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
To fix the CWM boot issue. I did have to install root first by downloading and flashing su from here. http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip
  3. Select the file "install-recovery.sh" and view it. Select "RB Text Editor" to open it..
  4. After the line "#!/system/bin/sh" add a new line and enter "exit 0". Save the file and exit.
After doing these steps I noticed it still booted into stock recovery. I ODIN'd CWM once more and then it worked fine after that.

Your should have received a firmware upgrade notice when you search for updates.

I'll give it a try, thanks.

That did the trick. I was able to root ICS without error for the first time. Before I always had to install HC then root it and then update to ICS via OTA which took days before the ICS OTA would pop up sometimes. Backed up a clean copy of ICS now so I'll not deal with that again.

Thanks.

Last edited:

hollamj56

Jul 26, 2014
Verizon sch-i905 factory rom

Does anybody have a working link to get the factory rom for a verizon sch-i905 lte? I will contribute to anyone's beer fund!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I am interested in seeing your documentation. Do these builds work on OCD 4.0.4?
    My instructions for installing ClockWorkMod and flashing CM10 on my Verizon SCH-i905. Use at your own risk.

Notes:
    • Must be on stock ICS (v4.0.4) before initial flash to CM10 ROM because of the LTE modem​
    • Download ODIN 1.85 for Windows​
    • Download and install Windows USB drivers for SGT10.1​
    • Download latest Google Apps package for CM10 (zip file)​
    • Download latest CM10 p4vzw ROM zip file and CWM Recovery (recovery.tar.md5)​

ClockWorkMod Recovery Installation:
    • Boot tablet and ensure there is enough battery​
    • Turn off USB debugging in the SGT10.1​
    • Connect the USB cable from PC to tablet and copy/paste the latest p4vzw CM10 ROM zip file and CM10 Google apps zip file to the root file system of the SGT10.1​
    • Power down tablet and disconnect USB cable. Power it up by holding down the Power button and Volume Up button (Closest to Power button) simultaneously.​
    • When Samsung Galaxy logo appears release the power button only
    • Once you see the two recovery/download icons you can release the Volume Up button​
    • The Android icon should be flashing. Press the Volume Down button (Furthest from Power button) to select download mode and Volume Up to acknowledge warning message. It should indicate awaiting for downloading.​
    • Start ODIN (run as Administrator) and connect cable from PC to SGT10.1. You should see yellow highlighted in the COM port and a COM port number.​
    • Browse in the PDA slot to the latest CWM recovery “recovery.tar.md5”. Make sure the only checked options are “Auto Reboot" and “F.Reset Time”​
    See the next step before proceeding. Click the start button in ODIN. It should quickly complete and show a green “Pass” message and the table will automatically reboot.​
    • When the SGT10.1 reboots and before or during the Samsung Galaxy Tab logo press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously to return to the recovery/download icons. If the SGT10.1 boots up normally you will not be able to boot into CWM recovery.

CM10 ROM and Google Apps Installation:
    • With the two recovery/download icons displayed, press the Volume Up button to highlight recovery mode​
    • Press the Volume Down button to select it​
    • The tablet will boot into CWM Recovery (v6.0.1.5)​
    • Make a NANDROID backup (Optional)​
    • Select wipe data/factory reset (factory defaults, doesn’t erase SDCARD/user data). Press power button to enter. Confirm by selecting yes.​
    • Select wipe cache partition. Press power button to enter. Confirm by selecting yes.​
    • Go into Advanced and select wipe Dalvik cache. Press power button to enter. Confirm by selecting yes. Go back to main menu.​
    • Select “Install zip from SD card”. Press power button to enter.​
    • Select “Choose zip from SD card”. Press power button to enter.​
    • Navigate to the CM10 p4vzw ROM zip file and select it. Confirm by selecting yes. This should take about a minute.​
    • Go back to main menu and repeat to "install zip from SD card" and "choose zip file from SD card".​
    • Navigate to the Google Apps zip file and install it. Go back to main menu.​
    • Select “reboot system now”. The startup logo will go for a while and app optimization will proceed..​
    • Finished. You should be Jelly Bean operational.​

Observations:

CM10 nightlies can then be installed in the Android System settings "About Tablet" -> "CyanogenMod Updates" section
    Observations:

Thanks