[ROM]CYANOSAKI_FLEX_2.6 - Based on 4.1.2/CM10 (11-20-2013) Now with Sony Small Apps

Search This thread

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Re: [ROM][WIP] KEBBERSROM_CMFLEX_V1.1 - Based on 4.1.2/CM10 (02-20-2013)

Great progress being made on this Hardslog. Most things working very well here but I have noticed a couple of issues that I thought might be worth bringing to your attention.

Camera app crashes when trying to change the MP value in settings (both for front and rear camera). After that, it reports that it cannot find the device until you reboot. This is an issue in all the CM10 ROMs (Pio/waydownsouth). Not sure if it is something that can be resolved? Perhaps using the gallery2.apk from CM10.1 would solve it?

In Phablet mode, when you hold the device in portrait, the menu bar icons (home, back, app list) aren't aligned with the touch sensitive areas; you have to press to one side of the icon towards the centre of the tab.

They are the only issues I have come across so far. Really liking the ROM and the ability to switch between Phablet and Tablet mode. I look forward to any future updates you may do.

First I've heard of the camera having issues. Really if I'm not told I can't address it. Oh well, to late now. Pc fire ate my device trees.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA

Reactions: hardslog

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009

First I've heard of the camera having issues. Really if I'm not told I can't address it. Oh well, to late now. Pc fire ate my device trees.

hrm. I just noticed the camera thing. Perhaps most people never noticed because they just use the camera at default settings (I know if you never mentioned the camera thing, I would have never noticed).
Ill do some investigating but no promises as I'm not really a dev, but just a guy having fun customizing roms.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

MrCubbins

Sep 26, 2010
Montreal
hmmm
Camera has always worked fine for me, all builds.
And for sure works on Sosei.

"my mind draws lots of blanks actually"

The camera works fine for me too as long as I don't try to change the MP value. Was having a problem with filters causing a lockup, but tracked that down to one of the developer settings I had enabled (force hardware 2D I think).

I only recently unlocked my tablet, so in the last couple of weeks have tried Sosei, CM10, CM10 Flex and SHELLSHOCK with and without godmachine v2.0. With all the JB ROMs changing the MP value crashes the gallery app whether using front or rear camera. When I try to relaunch the camera app I get "Camera error. Can't connect to the camera". Oddly, when I reboot the tablet, the resolution change has been applied and the camera then works ok at the new resolution.

Just thought it worth mentioning for anyone that has the relevant skills to address these sort of things (unlike myself :( ). Though as it has been pointed out, it is not a core problem and can easily be ignored.

Last edited:

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009

perhaps a logcat will provide more insight into this. If I can find some time I shall investigate further.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
There is no Acer Ring in this ROM unfortunately, Acer Ring is a special app that is built into the SystemUI and framework of Acer stock roms, which CM just doesn't have. Even though the stock ROM for The A100 didn't have the Acer ring, it had all the frameworks there and just took some very minor tweaking to get it working. Integrating it into a CM rom wouldn't be very easy to do.

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
UPDATE - Version 1.2

Too all the poor souls who still own this tablet (myself included), I have made an update to the CMFLEX rom

Changes include:

- NOW exchange should work
- Added LMT Launcher (cool PIE like app)
- removed some crap
- Fixed the mounting of the microSD card (will show up when connecting to computer now - as well settings>storage)

Please see the OP for download link

droidxxxxx

Oct 2, 2012
Pensacola
Moto G Stylus 5G
Re: [ROM][WIP] KEBBERSROM_CMFLEX_V1.2 - Based on 4.1.2/CM10 (03-29-2013)

Is there any way to get the Bluetooth mic support working so we can use a headset while skyping? Only wired headsets work..my a500 is the same way..u can listen to music only with Bluetooth.. My headset works great with my s3..strange a tablet wouldn't at least have mic support for a Bluetooth headset..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az

Is there any way to get the Bluetooth mic support working so we can use a headset while skyping? Only wired headsets work..my a500 is the same way..u can listen to music only with Bluetooth.. My headset works great with my s3..strange a tablet wouldn't at least have mic support for a Bluetooth headset..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It may just be a hardware limitation, you're comparing devices of different generations, when the a100 came out tablets were barely getting Bluetooth in the first place, it's usage was pretty basic.

Reactions: droidxxxxx

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
Seemed like at first I couldn't get any themes to work with this build. Was getting a message saying themes were incompatible. I then tried Killer Blue which oddly worked (after getting the typical "apply anyways" prompt). After a reboot I was able to get my preferred theme Faded Blue to work.

Besides that the only other thing I've noticed is the typical DRM issue with Hulu Plus (error 93). I tried to use the modded Hulu Plus version but it constantly crashed just trying to search. So I said screw it and canceled my Hulu Plus subscription. If they are going to treat me with disrespect because I choose to run their service on my rooted device then they don't deserve my hard earned money.

Everything else works perfectly great so far. MLS MatchDay Live amazingly runs at true full screen and looks great. Netflix runs great. Al Jazeera English runs pretty well. PowerAMP runs as PowerAMP should. Same with Spotify. No issues with reading and writing to my micro SD card (Sandisk 32gb). The DirecTV app works pretty well. Camera and camcorder works.

In other words... this is a very solid daily driver worthy ROM! Great work! :good:

justjackyl

Jul 28, 2012

I've never flashed any of your work before, but when you first started you were pushing 4.0.x which is complete **** on this tablet.
I've been having issues with my favorite ROM and am flashing back to an earlier state in its development, and thought I'd give this bad boy a run.
Like my opinion really matters to anyone, but I'll let you guys know what I think about it.

Sent from my glorified LG pet rock™

Reactions: hardslog

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
I don't mind anybodies opinions. You will probably have to flash a different kernel on this ROM though since I know your tablet doesn't seem to like Godmachine's.

Also believe it or not but the KEBBERSROM_SHELLSHOCK runs really well on this tablet even though it's 4.0.4 but the ROM isn't based on anything from the A100. Civato does a fantastic job at turning %@^# into solid gold :p

justjackyl

Jul 28, 2012

I don't mind anybodies opinions. You will probably have to flash a different kernel on this ROM though since I know your tablet doesn't seem to like Godmachine's.

Also believe it or not but the KEBBERSROM_SHELLSHOCK runs really well on this tablet even though it's 4.0.4 but the ROM isn't based on anything from the A100. Civato does a fantastic job at turning %@^# into solid gold :p

For some reason, 90% of my HD or THD games won't run on anything 4.0.x and is sole reason for seeking ROMs based of 4.1.x sources.
Editing the build.prop so its an A500 may allow the games to show up and be installed via PlayStore, bit they still would crash.
No idea why it's like this.

justjackyl

Jul 28, 2012

Well, don't know if by accident, but its packing ezterry's kernel, not godmachines finished kernel. Doesn't matter, but thought I should tell you if you didn't do it intentionally.

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
Well, don't know if by accident, but its packing ezterry's kernel, not godmachines finished kernel. Doesn't matter, but thought I should tell you if you didn't do it intentionally.

Haha, Whooops! I forgot that Civy packs EZT's kernels into his ROMS because of all the great things that he did in helping him out and the good ol' A500 community in general.

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
Hey man!

It's not my source so I can't freely share it. Sad thing is I got this rom to work on from a guy who got it from a guy LOL!!!

Anyway, check this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1961469 and try to get in contact with him - Pjsports. It's his source that Civato used to create his A500 rom, who then tried a port to the A100 that had some quirks which is what I took over. Pjsports seems to be the main guy working on CM builds for Acer Iconias (as well as randomeblame, but I'm not sure if he is still doing so) The A500 is pretty much the same as the A100 but with a bigger screen, host USB support, and no $H1TTY A$$ emmc. Pjsports has a github too with his source.

Pio is the man with the knowledge of getting cm builds working on 7" screens, as there are quirks with getting that to work too

Reactions: dtrail1

frischeis

Apr 8, 2013
Thats a nice rom!!!
So i'm running this rom for three days without problems.
Well done__nice work.
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm pleased to offer a new(ish) ROM. This bad boy is based off of Civato's CMFLEX ROM that he created a while back, which was based off of a build that he created for the Acer A500. Make sure you thank him as he did most of the work for this ROM. It has CM10 (JB4.1.2) courtesy of PJSPORTS. Here is a link to the A500 version: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1935582

This rom has also been merged with Pio_Masaki's CM10 builds to create more reliability and stability

LINK - CYANOSAKI_FLEX_2.6

DISCLAIMER: I will not be held responsible if this borks your system! Remember the risks of flashing custom ROMS!

Of course, I made some modifications for this ROM including:
    - Used a modified SystemUI and framework-res to the nav icons would work
    - Fixed the auto-brightness settings
    - Added some goodies like the Acer Print Application as well as the Stock Asus Keyboard
    - Removed some apps that won't work for us/I didn't want (pppwidget among others)

BUGS
    - Face unlock does not work - files for it have been removed and it will never work on this rom
    - Updating Google search will cause Google now to crash - Make sure you disable hotword detection in settings before updating.
    -headset mic doesn't seem to work - there is a temp fix for that by installing an app called "soundabout"

Here is a screenie of a Quadrant score I did while OC'ed to 1.646 and forced 2d GPU rendering:

attachment.php

Instructions:
    Make sure you do a FULL BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING
    Also make sure you do a COMPLETE WIPE (Data/Factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, and format flexrom)
    Install ZIP from your SD card (or wherever you downloaded it to)
    Install Aroma App installer if you want other apps
    Reboot!

SPECIAL THANKS!

Civato
    Pjsports
    Ezterry
    Linuxsociety
    barrmulio
    Pio_Masaki
    noname81
    idcrisis
    amarullz
    commandersafi
    Phoenix-Lead

Also a thanks goes out to @prudolf, @cheeb and @splatoid for your generous donations!
    Update - Version 1.3

Changes include:

- Removed Trebuchet launcher (too buggy on the A100)
    - Nova is the default launcher right now
    - Included an AROMA installer for certain apps (Apex is in the Aroma installer)
    - updated Google now (still please don't update Google Search in the play store!)
    - Removed some more junk
    - Crossbreeder lag reducer
    - removed files for face unlock since it doesn't work anyway

Apps included in Aroma installer:
    3D Photo Browser
    Acer Print
    Adobe Flash
    Apex Launcher
    Asus Weather Widget
    LMT launcher
    Notes mobile (cool Lenovo note taking app)
    Supernote (Asus note app)
    Terminal Emulator
    Titanium Backup​
    Update - Version 1.5

May 29 2013
    - Panorama now works!!!! (Photosphere still doesn't, don't even try to use it)
    - Changed some lib files to help with some apps that were crashing (Thanks to Pio_masaki for them)
    - removed crossbreeder and installed entropy instead
    - LMT launcher is installed by default into /data so it can be removed if you so desire
    - Added Viper4Android due to request

Please see the OP for download link
    Update - Version 2.0! New Name!

July 10 2013
    - MANY changes under the hood. Doesn't look like much from the outside but trust me, its different
    - Gave it a new name to reflect Pio_masaki's contributions
    - Fixed the hardware rotation lock
    - Fixed the torch, however it still isn't available as a widget. You can install flashlight apps from the play store to make it work.
    - Stability is greatly improved
    - Added in some 4.2 goodies - sounds, fonts, and a few apps in the Aroma installer
    - changed the bootanimation

This one I would suggest a full wipe before installing. New Aroma is up now too.
    CHANGELOG

Nov 20 2013
    - Moved some apps to Aroma installer (to shrink rom size)
    - Added in a working (hopefully) version of Skype
    - New UI - Kinda a hybrid 4.1 and 4.2 style UI
    - Removed some unused files in Aroma
    - Added LMT as an optional app

Oct 31 2013
    - Fixed bootlooping with fresh install and selecting TabletUI. Sorry!

Oct 17 2013
    - Fixed Asus Weather widget
    - Allowed option in Aroma to choose which UI you want
    - New Kernel - OC up to 1.646GHZ - Warning: Experimental and not all devices can handle clocking this high!

Oct 8 2013
    - Now in an Aroma Installer
    - Switched to phablet mode. If you don't like it wait until the next version where I will add options for both in Aroma
    - Added 2 kernels to choose from
    - launchers and additional apps (except for sony small apps) are now in one package.

Aug 27 2013
    - Created a ZIP for Sony Small Apps!

Aug 21 2013
    - Fixed audio and GPS issues
    - Reverted to an older CM10 build
    - Updated apps - LMT

Aug 19 2013
    - Fixed the clean flashing issues of 2.1

Aug 16 2013
    - Updated to the latest build from Pio_Masaki (08-02-2013) - Thanks bud!
    - Integrated the Android 4.3 camera. It seems photosphere works now!
    - A few minor script changes

July 14 2013
    - Flashable Zip for Phablet mode.

July 10 2013
    - MANY changes under the hood. Doesn't look like much from the outside but trust me, its different
    - Gave it a new name to reflect Pio_masaki's contributions
    - Fixed the hardware rotation lock
    - Fixed the torch, however it still isn't available as a widget. You can install flashlight apps from the play store to make it work.
    - Stability is greatly improved
    - Added in some 4.2 goodies - sounds, fonts, and a few apps in the Aroma installer
    - changed the bootanimation

June 26 2013
    - Added in Jeeko's Audio and Graphics mods - Thanks Jeeko!
    - minor build.prop tweaks
    - stripped out some apps from main installer and made a new Aroma App installer
    - new apps like Apollo Music player
    - there might be other minor ones but for some reason I can't remember what I did!

May 29 2013
    - Panorama now works!!!! (Photosphere still doesn't, don't even try to use it)
    - Changed some lib files to help with some apps that were crashing (Thanks to Pio_masaki for them)
    - removed crossbreeder and installed entropy instead
    - LMT launcher is installed by default into /data so it can be removed if you so desire
    - Added Viper4Android due to request

April 21 2013
    - Fixed the Google now voice from crashing (again, don't update google search in the play store)
    - Installed 4.2 camera and got it able to change MP values without crashing
    - Updated some apps in the Aroma installer and added an app called "greenify"
    - Put ES file explorer into the Aroma installer

April 16 2013
    - Removed Trebuchet launcher (too buggy on the A100)
    - Nova is the default launcher right now
    - Included an AROMA installer for certain apps (Apex is in the Aroma installer)
    - updated Google now (still please don't update Google Search in the play store!)
    - Removed some more junk
    - Crossbreeder lag reducer
    - removed files for face unlock since it doesn't work anyway

Apps included in Aroma installer:
    3D Photo Browser
    Acer Print
    Adobe Flash
    Apex Launcher
    Asus Weather Widget
    LMT launcher
    Notes mobile (cool Lenovo note taking app)
    Supernote (Asus note app)
    Terminal Emulator
    Titanium Backup​

Mar 29 2013
    - NOW exchange should work
    - Added LMT Launcher (cool PIE like app)
    - removed some crap
    - Fixed the mounting of the microSD card (will show up when connecting to computer now - as well settings>storage

Feb 20 2013
    - Fixed the Settings - Storage crash bug
    - Hopefully fixed the Exchange issues with the email program (but can't test it)
    - Slightly updated Gapps version

January 24 2013

- Initial Release