[Q] Laggy notification bar on kitkat 4.4 roms

Search This thread

csengerszabo

Jan 6, 2014
Hi,
I've istalled a lot of kitkat roms so far, with multiple kernels and it was quite fast and lag-free except when i pull down the notification bar, its always very-very laggy.. i don't know what to do with it..:silly::(
Does anybody else have this problem? Are there any fix for this issue?
Thanks in advance.

snowman110011

Account currently disabled
Jul 12, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Mine also was very Laggy, But after I updated to latest CM 11 Nightly it Doesn't seem as Bad...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Wlld1

May 15, 2009
Novosibirsk
Noticed only on CM11 based roms (also was on CM10.2). AOKP running fine.

akash3656

May 3, 2010
Hi,
I've istalled a lot of kitkat roms so far, with multiple kernels and it was quite fast and lag-free except when i pull down the notification bar, its always very-very laggy.. i don't know what to do with it..:silly::(
Does anybody else have this problem? Are there any fix for this issue?
Thanks in advance.

All cm based ROMs lag all over the place for me.
Omni based ROMs seem smoother but not lag free (the animation to quick settings and pull down notification is smooth).

Give OmniMetal a try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

basisforbart

Sep 14, 2010
Berlin, MD
I have tried most of the 4.4.2 roms and haven't had this issue. So far the most stable has been shiny rom 1/04/14. I have tried liquid but that still had to many glitches and cmmetal was a battery hog.

ca.reaper

Dec 14, 2010
I just installed the latest cm11 nightly (11-20140106-NIGHTLY-toro) and it's much much better. Try it, lag is almost non existent.

csengerszabo

Jan 6, 2014
Thank you guys, I tried all of the roms you said, but I still have this issue.. :( sometimes its smooth for a few minutes, and then it starts to lag again..
:crying:
I have no idea what could cause this.

Reactions: pianistaPL

miseusegau

Sep 20, 2012
savona
Thank you guys, I tried all of the roms you said, but I still have this issue.. :( sometimes its smooth for a few minutes, and then it starts to lag again..

in my opinion, is caused by the signal icon, because there is no lag in wifi ... so I tried to change the signal icon and the problem is gone .... recommend changing signal icon with zipthemer ....;)

** example on the rom I submitted (AOSP Linaro) I changed my signal icon and the lag is gone ... it works on all roms
e9y7a3u7.jpg
...:cool:

sent by zio...?

Last edited:

pianistaPL

Feb 15, 2012
Poznań - Poland
Yes, i have statusbar lags too! Especially when i switch between notifications and quick settings tiles.

Few things:
1. This happens on EVERY 4.4 ROM - CM, AOKP, Mokee, Gummy etc...
2. ONLY OmniMetal by @metalspring doesn't have this lag
3. Kernel doesn't matter - ASKP, Fancy, Golden, stock... Always i have lag.
4. Rest of interface works very smooth (i guess on every 4.4 ROM) but i can see this lag on statusbar and this is annoying

Even on CM Nightly 01/07 (in changelog i can see statusbar changes but...)
Guys, this is some problem in KitKat sources.

Last edited:

miseusegau

Sep 20, 2012
savona
Yes, i have statusbar lags too! Especially when i switch between notifications and quick settings tiles.

Few things:
1. This happens on EVERY 4.4 ROM - CM, AOKP, Mokee, Gummy etc...
2. ONLY OmniMetal by @metalspring doesn't have this lag
3. Kernel doesn't matter - ASKP, Fancy, Golden, stock... Always i have lag.
4. Rest of interface works very smooth (i guess on every 4.4 ROM) but i can see this lag on statusbar and this is annoying

Even on CM Nightly 01/07 (in changelog i can see statusbar changes but...)
Guys, this is some problem in KitKat sources.

I have to contradict you, even the omni present lag after a while .... anyway are trifles, I for now I solved it using another signal icon, however, are small bugs that will be fixed ... as you say too .. kitkat is still young;)

sent by zio...?

droidnxs

Nov 17, 2012
Chennai
recommend changing signal icon with zipthemer ....;)

** example on the rom I submitted (AOSP Linaro) I changed my signal icon and the lag is gone ... it works on all roms

sent by zio...?

Can you please point out to a thread that has signal mods or upload the zipthemer compatible mod you already have with you? I am searching by my own but I can't find any that match the white theme of KitKat. And this lag is the only reason I'm still on 4.3.1 :(. Thanks.

Edit: First of all, zipthemer gives an error stating that SystemUI.apk does not exist (also tried different options for signal icons but it doesn't work), and moreover the lag persists when either Wifi is switched on but not connected to any network or the Wifi is not switched on (H+). 4.3.1 here I go again >.<

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I agree even I have noticed this lag on all KitKat ROMs and it really bugs me a lot.