Vibrate/Silent mode not working properly

Search This thread

thehritzinator

Mar 24, 2013
Toledo, Ohio
Whenever I put the phone in vibrate mode or silent mode, it still lets all sound through. Notifications, ringtones, etc. The phone will show the silent or vibrate notification, but it doesn't have that effect.

C5306 unlocked to T-Mobile USA, Android 4.1.2, Build 12.0.A.1.284 stock rooted.

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Whenever I put the phone in vibrate mode or silent mode, it still lets all sound through. Notifications, ringtones, etc. The phone will show the silent or vibrate notification, but it doesn't have that effect.

C5306 unlocked to T-Mobile USA, Android 4.1.2, Build 12.0.A.1.284 stock rooted.

You could try to update to either 2.254 (4.1.2) or .266 (4.3) because the current build you have running is a bit outdated ;)

thehritzinator

Mar 24, 2013
Toledo, Ohio
You could try to update to either 2.254 (4.1.2) or .266 (4.3) because the current build you have running is a bit outdated ;)

I'd love to, and tried both options tonight, but I couldn't get Flash Tool to root any other firmware, would always hang at "waiting for uevent_helper rw". So I just used my cwm backup and now I'm back to my old system with the same problems....

Any way to help either the Flash Tool problem or the volume problem?

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
If you want root you need to look futher there are tutorials about rooting

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thehritzinator

Mar 24, 2013
Toledo, Ohio
Okay, and I understand that. But as I have searched those extensively and not found a solution to my problem, but I did not post about that as I will figure that out on my own. Can you help the problem described in the OP?? I didn't ask how to root, I asked how to solve a problem about volume...

Sent from my C5306 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited: