[Q&A] jt1134's ICS ROM - First preview release - UNOFFICIAL

Search This thread

marty331

Jun 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
It's working for me..press the power button and it would where you see the reboot...Sorry for bad english.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Yep..me to.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Sorry for dumb question, but do i flash it through recovery? i did it earlier and i ended up in a bootloop..:confused:

Ok I've changed my opinion, they looked nice at first then my screen quit working, I restored from my backup.

CM7 Infuse - XDA Premium

jblparisi

Jun 12, 2007
:)

Aqk5lAhCAAAYuXY.png

Last edited:

jesi.james

Jul 2, 2010
Wharton
I don't think I've seen this posted yet and forgive my cm noobness but anyone know how to set txt msgs to vibrate as a notification? All is I get is just a silent notification instead of vibration.. lol

Dark chocolate and sea salt is a perfect mix :)

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
I don't think I've seen this posted yet and forgive my cm noobness but anyone know how to set txt msgs to vibrate as a notification? All is I get is just a silent notification instead of vibration.. lol

Dark chocolate and sea salt is a perfect mix :)

Go to the messaging app, then go to the messaging apps settings by pressing the "menu" soft key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

Reactions: jesi.james

goobieracing

Aug 25, 2011
My under volt settings. Can't wait to see how long my battery lasts today

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334586801078.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334586801078.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 145

mlkjuggalo

Jul 27, 2010
Juggalo Island FL Whoop Whoop
Hello all so i got release 2 installed and all looks good everything looks to work just fine except the known bugs/issues :)

I have found that i can't see my sdcard from the phone it shows up blank but if i plug into pc i can see it and transfer files just fine did i do something wrong is this a bug i missed in OP does anyone else have this issue ?

Thanks in advance :)

edit never mind i found it lol just couldn't find emmc folder for some reason now i have it

Last edited:

foster626

May 8, 2011
Hi I was gonna post this since I had a problem with it but maps was fcing but with titanium backup I converted it to a system app and now it works :)

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

randoug

Dec 14, 2010
not working for me. under the light sensor levels my sensor (filtered / raw) = -1/-1

But besides that what a great rom! Can't wait for it to mature even more :D

I got mine working by flashing the kernel with sgs kernel flasher then flashing over the build two after wiping cach and dalvic and formatting system

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Demonic240

Mar 18, 2009
Plano
In regards to mms not working... Flashed build 2 and i was able to send and receive pictures for a while. Now it's not working and i haven't changed anything.

BAM1789

Dec 5, 2011
Mesa
One- I'm having the weird mms issues also. It's hit and miss for me.
Two- Anyone have the permanent voicemail notification icon glitch? I can't get rid of it and from the research I've done it seems to be an ICS issue not just the Infuse.. :confused:

T

tmease1

I have a problem with cwm recovery. I run the deodexed lb3 rom and this cm9 rom. I have flashed back and forth over the past week with no problems. Tonight i went to flash cm9 again and i have recurring reboot into cwm. I pulled battery and did all the basics and the phone won't boot. It just keeps booting into cwm recovery. This is my first major issue that i have had with this phone. I went back to lb3 and the phone is ok now. Anyone have any ideas on the reboots to recovery?

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some have mentioned (rightfully so) in the thread in the General section now titled "ICS here: (more to come)" that it is getting quite full of various bug reports and doesn't really belong there. Since I know that jt1134 is building it and doesn't post much on xda (usually uses RootzWiki) I figured I would quickly start a Q&A thread for us to post in so we can leave the other one clean for his work.

This is not an official support thread and its quite possible that jt1134 won't come by here at all. This is simply for everyone to help each other and keep the main thread clean.

A few things that I seem to have gathered while reviewing the other thread:

• The link to the post where jt1134 posted the first preview is here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24665001&postcount=272

• If you flash the recovery from Froyo bootloaders you will get what people refer to as the "rainbow" recovery, this is very colorful and hardly readable. From GingerBread bootloaders it should appear normal

• Camera is known to not be working as of the time of this post

• Many apps (including Facebook) launch correctly if you shut off GPS alltogether (this seems to be the solution if you find an app that just shuts the phone off upon launching)

• External SD card should show up in the /mnt/emmc/ folder (might just be /emmc/)

• If you can't get usb mounted to your pc check out this thread for a tool: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389375 (thanks for finding it Axiomkid)

just alittle tip, if your not receiving mms's go to settings/wireless &networks/More/mobile networks/access point names

and press the menu button and click new APN and fill the information with exactly what this says:

Name: AT&T
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: leave blank
    Port: leave blank
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password:CINGULAR1 (yes this is in CAPS)
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC:310
    MNC:410
    APN Type: leave blank

If theres more tips feel free to post them here, if anything above is wrong let me know and ill try to collect, this is just a compiling of what ive read in the other thread
    hello all to get the ICS recovery so i don't have the rainbow recovery do i have to start fresh with a stock rom i am coming from cm7 i just tried to install it with odin but didn't change a thing i still get the messed up looking booltloader then messed up recovery i'm lost lol

thanks for any info

Did you do any searching???
    Your answer is NO
    How do I know because this has been
    Brought up at least 20 times

SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!

Its not hard!!

just alittle tip, if your not receiving mms's go to settings/wireless &networks/More/mobile networks/access point names

and press the menu button and click new APN and fill the information with exactly what this says:

Name: AT&T
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: leave blank
    Port: leave blank
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password:CINGULAR1 (yes this is in CAPS)
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC:310
    MNC:410
    APN Type: leave blank

fixed it for me, just wished i could delete the two that were there by default
    This is an awesome ROM, almost perfect, but i'm not sure its just me or not, there's couple of bugs so far:

1) While booting, right after SAMSUNG logo and before CM9 boot animation, a dotted colored screen appears for few seconds

2) On 180 DPI, phone process crashes but the call still goes through

3) Front camera seems to be ZOOMED, the picture is huge, and its not in the center on the screen

4) Recovery is not full screen, actually its repeated 3 times beside each other, the size is so small and the text is not clear at all

Other than these, its perfect.

Thanks for the hard work!

That is the rainbow recovery. You need to be on GB BL (Gingerbread Bootloader). You can search in this thread or other thread about Odin or Heimdall GB BL.