SD Card Unmounts until Reboot, data changes

Search This thread

chinarabbit

Dec 14, 2008
天下
So i have been having this problem for a few months now, and its driving me crazy.. I've read every thread on XDA about sdcards, but nothing seems to apply here

When I reboot, my phone launches External2Internal so my 32GB SD can be used as my internal drive, and I've used it fine for a very long time.. but recently the sd card just disappears after some period of time. it seems to happen whenever my phone goes to sleep or the screen goes off and is locked, i suppose

after I reboot the phone it works fine again..

I quite think its from a malicious program.. but I cant be sure

recently, I installed a bunch of sd card tools to rescan, remount, test etc.. and I also installed an External2Internal update... and after all that, the sdcard contents appear to have been deleted, even after multiple reboots, when viewed with ES File Explorer.. However all the contents appear in good condition when viewed with Total Commander.. .

and since all that tinkering, because the sd card seems on some level to be deleted, programs like avast are getting corrupted errors on their virus scans, such as "invalid context during scan".. an error it doesnt get when the sdcard is unmounted completely, but only now that it mounts as appearing mostly empty to es file explorer and probably most other programs.

so it seems like one of the USB tools or the External2Internal update has done something malicious to my card... or maybe it was a last ditch effort by some dorks malicious code from a program i deleted in trying to get this all sorted out

anyone else having this problem or know how it can be fixed?

and I prefer to try and find out what is causing the problem and fix that problem, rather than just reformatting the card or buying a new card, since i'm sure it will just happen again someday

thanks

-

Last edited:

gts-r

Aug 11, 2012
This happens to me as well, the only difference is that I don't use External2Internal but the jellybean option "default write disk: SD card"

Last edited: