Q. Can't flash rom

Search This thread

pballa2099

Feb 19, 2009
in h-boot it is the bootlocker is unlocked, S-off, and with TWRP i can't seem to flash a rom. I made a backup but it won't restore back to that for some reason. I have tried flashing viper and the gpe rom. I can get into hboot and recovery and that's it. Please help me get my phone back

Keithn

Feb 24, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
in h-boot it is the bootlocker is unlocked, S-off, and with TWRP i can't seem to flash a rom. I made a backup but it won't restore back to that for some reason. I have tried flashing viper and the gpe rom. I can get into hboot and recovery and that's it. Please help me get my phone back

Should be in Q/A not development.
That said make sure you have the proper recovery flashed. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2711051 I think there were a couple TWRP builds. Use this one and try it, I've had no issues.

WorldOfJohnboy

Mar 23, 2011
Syracuse
how do i go about flashing a new version of recovery?

Check THIS thread, almost sounds like you have the same/similar issue. Note: Anything you may do from here on out could further mess things up, so be very cautious. Also, do you get an error when trying to flash a ROM? If so, that message would be helpful.

To flash a new Recovery (CWM, TWRP "official," etc.) since you can boot into the Android OS, you will have to download the *.IMG file, put that in your ADB platform-tools directory, then start phone in bootloader-fastboot mode, and issue the command: fastboot flash recovery (Filename.IMG)