[Q] Error while using flashtool

Search This thread

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
I think people are getting confused because Flashtool itself outputs a message saying that USB debugging should be turned on. That is required for some other functions of Flashtool. You 100% do not need USB debugging enabled to flash an FTF. The device isn't even booted into a state where that could possibly affect anything when in flashmode.

As for drivers, try using this package - Flashtool and fastboot drivers.
If you're using Windows 8, there are additional steps required to install the drivers that are linked to in the OP of that thread. :)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

siddhesh1609

Apr 7, 2009
Mumbai
I think people are getting confused because Flashtool itself outputs a message saying that USB debugging should be turned on. That is required for some other functions of Flashtool. You 100% do not need USB debugging enabled to flash an FTF. The device isn't even booted into a state where that could possibly affect anything when in flashmode.

If you're using Windows 8, there are additional steps required to install the drivers that are linked to in the OP of that thread. :)

Doesnt seem to work for me... maybe I am doing something wrong:confused:

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
As the matter of fact the usb debugging thing is true in my case as well but after it conects I am getting this error
29/042/2014 12:42:45 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
29/042/2014 12:42:46 - ERROR - Drivers need to be installed for connected device.
29/042/2014 12:42:46 - ERROR - You can find them in the drivers folder of Flashtool.

I have installed drivers from drivers folder though:confused:

Did you put the phone in fastboot?

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
I did turn it off after the preparing files finished and it asked me to connect the device .. i held volume down key and connected usb till green light was shown..

Download the latest version of flashtool from http://www.flashtool.net/download.php
navigate to the driver folder and install the fastboot and flash mode drivers.
open flash tool put your phone is fastboot it will install the latest drivers automatically.
After put phone in flashmode and then try flashing :highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I did turn it off after the preparing files finished and it asked me to connect the device .. i held volume down key and connected usb till green light was shown..

Download the latest version of flashtool from http://www.flashtool.net/download.php
    navigate to the driver folder and install the fastboot and flash mode drivers.
    open flash tool put your phone is fastboot it will install the latest drivers automatically.
    After put phone in flashmode and then try flashing :highfive: