[Xposed] S5 SystemUI Theme and Tab Pro-style Recent Apps [Updated: 13 May ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

m7ixalis

Jan 9, 2012
Crete
Why i cant delete this module ?? The app is unistaling but the settings remain ,i replace the system ui with one that i had from backup but nothings change .
How can imake it like previews ??
Stock rom 4.4.2

Last edited:

LaShto34

Aug 25, 2012
Very nice module. The only thing is that if you select s5 grid settings there is no way to revert 100% to stock. My settings changed the look to something splitted in multiple tabs, like in the picture below. Unselecting the module in Xposed Installer, uninstalling this module, reverting framework in Xposed Installer, reflashing stock Settings, SystemUI, nothing works. I guess checking S5 grid Settings changes something deeper in rom.
I restored the whole rom in cwm, reinstalled this module (this time without checking S5 grid settings) and everything works like it should.

Edit:
The easiest way to get back the old settings style is to clear data (using Titanium Backup) for SecSettings and SecSettingsProvider. I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place. I just tried reflashing stock .apks, without clearing data for them first. I guess I'm a noob afterall
.:cyclops:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-30-20-12-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-30-20-12-07.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 1,343
Last edited:

cnewsome

Nov 13, 2014
Hermansville
Odd Text entry issue

Let me start off by saying I love this mod and everything seems to work great! I just recently noticed that in the stock samsung emailing service when entering text the keyboard blocks what is being entered. For some reason when I enter text beyond the keyboard it doesnt detect that and wont show what I am texting unless I minimize the keyboard. Usually the text entry field and screen will automatically scroll. I have tried to leave the keyboard open and scroll the text with my finger but it acts like I dont have text there. When I disable this mod the entry and auto scrolling come back. When I re enabled the mod the issue comes back. Attached is some images to try and show this issue.

First image is me just typing below the keyboard. The 2nd is showing when I put the keyboard down the text is still typing but no scrolling. The 3rd is showing that when I click in the text area to start entry again even the cursor moving icon is below the keyboard.

Im not sure if I am explaining this properly. Please let me know if any follow up is needed.

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
Yes, if you uninstall or deactivate it, all will be back to stock. Parsing error could be because you are using it on android 4.3. The module is only for 4.4.2.

Hi bro. Can u pls make this mod for Note 3 Neo running 4.3? Pls
Currently this only works with Note 3. Not the neo version.

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zaydvath

Feb 24, 2013
Balikpapan
Last edited:
Reactions: calichelozano

zaydvath

Feb 24, 2013
Balikpapan
?????? I know perfectly where is the menu button and how to use it, thanks ;)
That options don't work in latest ROMs of Note 3 and this mod is abandoned
sorry if it offend you.
its just in case you dont know.

yeah,
its really usefull mod i think.
too bad this abandoned.
hope there is someone who can make same mod with new feature or update.

Last edited:
Reactions: calichelozano

calichelozano

Nov 22, 2012
sorry if it offend you.
its just in case you dont know.

yeah,
its really usefull mod i think.
too bad this abandoned.
hope there is someone who can make same mod with new feature or update.

Nope. None of that works. Could it be because I'm om at&t sm-n900a? It would be great if someone could upload the original settings.apk 4.4.2

Nausad

Jan 22, 2014
bhopal
I installed the s systemui but i can't see brightness control slide bar

I installed the latest version of s5 systemui in my note 3 sm-N900. when I installed the systemui it was there and now it is not. please help me. how I can get that??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-24-20-09-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-24-20-09-59.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,189
  • Screenshot_2014-12-24-20-11-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-24-20-11-30.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 1,170
Last edited:

KidKnowsTech

Feb 7, 2014
Just want to share this simple xposed module that enables S5 Quick Settings theme and Tab Pro-style Recent Apps. With this module, there is no need to change the product name in build.prop which has some side-effects.

Just download below and install and activate and do a normal reboot.

Changelog:
Version 1.5.3
- added switch between GRID style Settings and default Settings

Version 1.5.2
- fixed 3dot menu

Version 1.5
- restored sfinder icon (if you want to change icon to whatever you want you can open the module with 7zip and overwrite the sfinder.png file with your custom icon then proceed with the module installation)
- added 3dot menu blacklist option (be sure to blacklist some stock apps which does not work well with the 3dot menu like contacts, email, etc)
- added statusbar brightness control (slide on status bar to control display brightness)
- default behaviour for double tap statusbar is set to "go to sleep" but you can override it by choosing an app instead
- some more fixes

Note: some options require a systemui restart, some require a reboot and some works on the fly.

Version 1.4
- changed sfinder icon with android logo
- option to set click and long click app for sfinder button in notification panel header
- option to set click and long click app for datetime button in notification panel header
- option to set long click app for settings button in notification panel header
- option to set long click app for quicksettings button in notification panel header

Version 1.3
- added option to change notification panel background
- double tap statusbar set to user selected app
- option to enable 3dot menu separately from option to switch menu to recent tasks
- some minor fixes

Version 1.2
- final fix for recent apps padding
- fix for email
- added option to change color of ON state
- double tap statusbar to open Action Memo

Version 1.1
- fixed resolution of power menu data image
- option to disable power menu theming
- fixed Tab Pro recent apps layout/padding
- option to replace menu key to recent task (long-press menu key triggers menu)

Version 1.0
- added settings panel to enable/disable some options (the drawer icon is hidden so access it thru xposed installer main panel)
- power menu S5 icon theme

Note: For those having issue restarting systemui, make sure you have busybox installed.

work for tab 3 7.0 4.4.2?

justmessin

Jan 16, 2015
about device for my s4 isn't working

I need the specific apk for this since I can't get the developer options without it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-16-13-32-15.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-13-32-15.png
    161 KB · Views: 724
  • Screenshot_2015-01-16-13-32-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-13-32-18.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 705
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just want to share this simple xposed module that enables S5 Quick Settings theme and Tab Pro-style Recent Apps. With this module, there is no need to change the product name in build.prop which has some side-effects.

Just download below and install and activate and do a normal reboot.

Changelog:
    Version 1.5.3
    - added switch between GRID style Settings and default Settings

Version 1.5.2
    - fixed 3dot menu

Version 1.5
    - restored sfinder icon (if you want to change icon to whatever you want you can open the module with 7zip and overwrite the sfinder.png file with your custom icon then proceed with the module installation)
    - added 3dot menu blacklist option (be sure to blacklist some stock apps which does not work well with the 3dot menu like contacts, email, etc)
    - added statusbar brightness control (slide on status bar to control display brightness)
    - default behaviour for double tap statusbar is set to "go to sleep" but you can override it by choosing an app instead
    - some more fixes

Note: some options require a systemui restart, some require a reboot and some works on the fly.

Version 1.4
    - changed sfinder icon with android logo
    - option to set click and long click app for sfinder button in notification panel header
    - option to set click and long click app for datetime button in notification panel header
    - option to set long click app for settings button in notification panel header
    - option to set long click app for quicksettings button in notification panel header

Version 1.3
    - option to enable 3dot menu separately from option to switch menu to recent tasks
    - some minor fixes

Version 1.2
    - fix for email

Version 1.1

Version 1.0
    - added settings panel to enable/disable some options (the drawer icon is hidden so access it thru xposed installer main panel)
    - power menu S5 icon theme

Note: For those having issue restarting systemui, make sure you have busybox installed.

Just had some more free time and I added a few fixes and options on version 1.5 of the module.

Download is in the OP.

Version 1.5
    - some more fixes

I am always open to suggestion on improving the module but I can't promise to include all suggestions.

If anybody can provide me with a complete set of theme icons for the toggles as well as the background, I might be able to include selectable themes in the next update. I am not good with graphics so help me make this module more awesome.
    Just updated the module with some more options and fixes.

Changelog:
    Version 1.3
    - some minor fixes

For those having issue restarting systemui, make sure you have busybox installed.

Download is in the OP.
    New Update

Just had some free time to spare today so I updated a bit of the module. See changelog:

Version 1.2
    - fix for email

??? been thinking if I should open Pen Window drawer instead or let user choose from installed apps. What do you think?

Download is in the OP.
    Just updated the module with some more options/features. See changelog. Download is in the OP.

Changelog:
    Version 1.1