Last edited:
K

Kolteabhiman

hey if are coming from froyo then u have to flash
If. u r coming from Other GB Tom Then no need

greekunit690

Feb 2, 2011
Islandia, NY
coming from the original Power_Rom...flashing right now will give my feed back after some testing.

Edit: working amazingly. No fcs, no reboots, no wifi issues, really fast, and seems rock solid. Keep up the great work. BTW just flashed over without a factory reset, just cleared stated datas..

Last edited:

ivantastic

Sep 9, 2011
need to flash amss and dsp1?? or just go ahead??

just my opinion here..
I think it'll be better that you flash the stock olleh rom 1st, then you can just go ahead flash this rom without amss and dsp1...
that just make it more simple, clean & safe...

@mr. abhiman
I was thinking 'bout this rom since I've found sod experiences in almost other custom roms there....
now you have this great idea & you have done this "near to stock" rom, so every streakers here (with bugs problem in customs) should be happy :)
I think it'll be more fun if you add more themes then split them to each parts... so streakers here can choose what theme they will use... :)

Last edited:
K

Kolteabhiman

@ivantastic
I think themes depend upon personal likings
so I think you should cook the themes using UOT or any other ways
if you like you can share them here.

@sachi9121
I think 3d games lag because kernel is no OC
and this Tom is focused on removing bugs and keep it close to stock
if you want some perf try flashing power_mod for more perf
I hope this solves

@others Your feedback is always welcome

SPYWARE_Holdings_Janath

Oct 22, 2011
Bydgoszcz
yeah i did it perf_power works fine..but its getting reducing my battery quickly..
so any chance of using batterycharger script to this??

and for the records Perf_battery has a some sort of WIFI issue..
reboot,reconnect,reassociate nothing works..

@ivantastic

seems to be fine..ill check it..thanks :)

SPYWARE_Holdings_Janath

Oct 22, 2011
Bydgoszcz
also FM is Working in this build

did you add fm_hcitool to system/xbin?? great cz everytime i flashed a new rom i had to replace that file.. :)

by the way need some help to improve battery period??

[EDIT]
FM not work with streak radio.apk or spirit fm radio..what is the app should use??

sent from streak power_rom lite(under testing) :cool:

Last edited:

ivantastic

Sep 9, 2011
download done...
before flashing, few questions here:
1. how about "themanii's warning"?
2. can i cook the framework & system base from the original olleh's framework & system? will the ics's taste & effect will loose? because I dont think it'll work if I cook from this rom's framework & system.
3. I dont see the "bootanimation" file in media as I've always found in other, give me some advise please... or does it mean this rom is without "bootanimation"?

btw, I can see the "tweak" in this rom, very nice my friend :) I just no doubt at all about your "tweaking value" :) must be great tweaking in this rom.

will try this rom a.s.a.p :)
thanks for this great rom my friend :)

K

Kolteabhiman

you can add bootanimation.zip to systemm/media
actually framework contaaains add Res
that's reboot opt in power menu

ivantastic

Sep 9, 2011
you can add bootanimation.zip to systemm/media
actually framework contaaains add Res
that's reboot opt in power menu

does it mean this lite rom is without bootanimation (yet)?
about the framework & system.ui, so?
& how about the manii's warning about the olleh rom? (he doesn't confirm about the safety yet)
Gkernels is a project based on the 4.05 Dell source, is it fine to used in this base olleh rom?

need more detail please...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone else having problem with the GPS when Chainfire3d is installed?
    If i uninstall the app then gps works again.
    Any advice
    David

Yeh, did you install the beta driver as well? If so uninstall it and install the standard driver only, i know for certain that if you install the beta driver, that breaks it.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

@all Power_lite user who don't know what to do with those bugs

i am exactly have the same idea w/ my friend (InsertNameHere) -for you all guys..
    if u know nothing about what inside the package and what u can do there, so i suggest u all to stay in V3 (the most stable Power_lite patch)..

but if u want to get some experiences, so u may try ;)

There is something a little weird about how this rom is made... normally you can open a rom with standard windows compressed folders, change the contents, exit and resign, but with these roms, when i go to delete a file it hangs, any other rom by anyone else, not a issue.

So i find i can edit them using winrar. I tried simply deleting anything i don't want, like browser.apk, camera.apk, adwlauncher.apk etc.... then i put in my choice of launcher and chosen office apk.

After i do this, its really broken... it FCs at the very beginning where i choose date and time format, after that i am screwed.

I also tried v4 and v5 and v6, all borked my phone with countless FCs and weird issues that you shouldn't see.

But this is a beta rom, and is built on the base of a beta rom, i don't suggest anyone messes with these rom files too much, you can delete swype, but leave luanchers alone.

Use Root Toolbox Pro to remove unwanted packages after your rom is installed, if you want swype beta, immediately install it and check it functions before carrying on. Hope this helps anyone wanting to try this great rom.
    actually there is no specific way for flashing

just base rom +any patch
    will work

anyone you like

I still think you should try to simply things, 6 patches, too much choice, and some are now superceded by others that fix this or that...

If you are going to release a patch, it should be a roll up of all that was useful from the previous patch.

For instance, if i install base rom, then patch 2-6, i end up with a rom that works, but there are many issues.
    added a dropbox link
    Would I have to resign them? Or just reboot after restoring permissions?

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda premium

just matching the permission before replacing...
    then, you must reboot your 5treak & (i recommend) do wwipes cache & dalvik.. _> boot _> done :)
    [theme] Vantastic glow :p

don't forget to share with us

I think you should try a theme with
    tesseract(not sure right) status bar background animation from uot
    if you get it working post it here
    I like that animation very much

the animation is one included in power rom lite v3 as boot anim

i love to used it before, but since it look weird when in landscape mode, so i don't use it anymore...
    i will make it more simple but still glowy nice with andoid icon in the corner :p
    btw, i think you have use tesseract animation in boot, i just wanna make it more vary :)

i will name this theme (if u don't mind) as Vantastic glow :p

here is the download link : >>> *Vantastic Glow*<<<

*if u like to add this theme to be an optional theme for this awesome Power_Lite, please just take it, use it, share it & take it to your 1st post :)

***my flashing theme steps :
    - streakmod recovery
    - wipes cache & dalvik
    - flash theme.zip
    - (optional) wipes again
    - reboot & wait :)

#based from SD 2.4.3 framework & systemUI#