HTC G2 1800 mah Mugen Power battery review and progress

Search This thread

dj2muchxx

Jun 8, 2011
Gooooooooooood evening every1,

I'm Antony and I will be discussing the progress and my personal review on the new 1800 mah Mugen Power battery for my HTC G2 that I bought and received yesterday.

1st of all the stock battery that it comes with when you buy it is a 1300mah battery, which for me is not enough, for I am a very heavy user of the net and I use plenty of apps and games, plus I tinker with my G2 all thee time. That battery would not last the whole day for a person such as I, unless I just use my G2 to text, then I might have some battery left at night till I need to recharge. I bought my G2 in the beginning of Jan and have had it till now which is the 7th of June. So it would be 5 months with it, and I've hated the battery from day 1 because I would use the gps nav to help me get around, and after using it my battery would just collapse in charge =( the necessity of a car charger had to come along, that's not a big deal, but I lost the damn thing. So I noticed my friend had an extended battery for his evo and I decided to search the net for a battery for my G2 ( I love saying it, its just soo damn powerful and fast, it deserves to be called by its name instead of just a phone, we all know its not just that) and I found plenty of batteries; stock, and extended. But just soo many that I didn't know which would be reliable. Then I ran into the Mugen Power batteries. I did research on reviews and what previous customers thought of their batteries. And they were all mostly well, above average, i'd say 4/5 on the scale. Only complaints I found was that they didn't last as much as the stock battery so they thought it was garbage.

Now here is my take on the battery after only 1 day of using it.
I put it to charge for a bit over 12 hours, maybe 15, but no more than 24 for sure, as instructed on the packaging ( instructions were short and simple, nothing techy nor complicated ) and after finishing with the charge I disconnected it, and the battery begins to leak what I believe was battery acid through the back door! Can u believe that?! Nor could I! That's y it didn't happen! Haha, just kidding, as I was, I disconnected it and began using it like I normally would. I had wi-fi on, with the back light low on 25% because I was indoors, and the mp3 player was running. To add to that I went on some social networking website, and various other websites not in search of anything specific but just browsing my interests. Checked my gmail various times and last but not least, browsed the market. After a while my battery was at 75% I did the calculation and estimated that it would last 5 more hours till it hit 50%. And I was approximately correct! It went about 10 hours till it hit 50% I was impressed. The stock battery would never give me a result like that after using it like I regularly would, not even on day 1 out of the box. Now this is only from today as my 1st day of use with the 1800 mah Mugen Power battery. I will continue to use it and post my further results. I will continue to recharge the battery for at least 12 hours as instructed 3 to 5 times. I feel confident that it will give me even better results after completing the charging instructions. I believe that the unsatisfied customers that gave bad reviews might of not followed the instructions to properly charge the battery, they might of thought that it just any other battery that u just charge to 100 percent the second it reaches there and u can immediately disconnect it and use it while expecting to get the 100% charging results... well its not, let me say that they mightve been idiots that cannot follow instructions.

To wrap this up; stock battery sucks, new battery is WORKING! And with great results. Apple can kiss my ass and diamonds are forever.

If you have any questions or comments please post them here, I would like to read about your personal experience with a Mugen Power battery.

HTC G2 (1516mhz in speed!!! Be jealous!!)

androidtoy09

Jun 2, 2009
You have diamond on your ass? Lol j.k
In seriousness, thanks for the review. I'll have a try at the new battery soon.

Reactions: tarroyo

popimp315

Nov 10, 2010
You should also calibrate the battery with the phone after mugen's instructions. I plan on getting one of those after a few more reviews.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 PyroMod 2.0 via tapatalk

mannyftw

Jan 11, 2011
No mention as to how much it cost? Lol. And I agree with the stock battery sentiment. Mine died on me today after browsing the internet for 30 minutes max, music throughout the day, and Plants Vs. Zombies for 40-ish minutes. Boo.

kamnikaz

Jan 21, 2011
I think i'm going to buy one

Do you bought it from the Mugen website ? If not could you give us a link

thx

Bentso

Apr 7, 2011
I bought 3500 mAh battery from DealXtreme. Cost $11.90 with shipping.

Comes with it's own back plate because the battery is so thick. Very ugly looking and heavy but lasts about twice as long as the stock battery :)

I can't provide a link or pictures as I am not yet allowed to post links here.

leehopley

Feb 1, 2010
Telford
hey, cheers for the review... how many hours in total is it lasting now? and did you have to cut any covers off the battery to make it fit or did it just fit nicely out of the box :)

swee08315

Jan 25, 2010
Cleveland
but the g2 has kind of a weird back. does the battery stick out and need a bigger cover? how does that look on the g2? (pic please)

Alucard400

Apr 16, 2011
I bought 3500 mAh battery from DealXtreme. Cost $11.90 with shipping.

Comes with it's own back plate because the battery is so thick. Very ugly looking and heavy but lasts about twice as long as the stock battery :)

I can't provide a link or pictures as I am not yet allowed to post links here.

I have one of these batteries. it's quite big and you need to use the cheap cover that comes with it. It's good to have if you're traveling.

dj2muchxx

Jun 8, 2011
My apologies for not posting earlier, battery continues to deliver great results. This battery actually last the whole day. This days results were 15 hours straight on moderate use and still has 30%. Some of you have asked for a link, I believe that I am not allowed to post links, I may be mistaken. But its the 1800mah Mugen Power battery. Its the exact same size as the stock battery. I didn't need to cut anything on it to make it fit with the original cover, fits in perfectly. Here in the United States, it cost about 44 dollars plus about 3 dollars extra for 1st class shipping. I bought it from the official website, if you find a better deal somewhere else, well congratulations, I hope it delivers its full capacity.
Any more questions? Comments?

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
My apologies for not posting earlier, battery continues to deliver great results. This battery actually last the whole day. This days results were 15 hours straight on moderate use and still has 30%. Some of you have asked for a link, I believe that I am not allowed to post links, I may be mistaken. But its the 1800mah Mugen Power battery. Its the exact same size as the stock battery. I didn't need to cut anything on it to make it fit with the original cover, fits in perfectly. Here in the United States, it cost about 44 dollars plus about 3 dollars extra for 1st class shipping. I bought it from the official website, if you find a better deal somewhere else, well congratulations, I hope it delivers its full capacity.
Any more questions? Comments?

I agree with this. No cutting or bad fit, and is better than stock. Not by as much as you would think from the difference in capacity, but I find it noticeable. Now happy with phone life.

detox702

Mar 23, 2008
I just got mine yesterday. I left it on the charger for 12 hours, as suggested, and I've had it on for 4 1/2 hours, 3 of that was constant GPS use with the screen on. I'm at just barely 1/2 charge now. At the very least, this will get me through an entire work shift of heavy use.

1800 mah battery. Cost $49 off Amazon, shipped Friday, got here last night.

If I had the money, I would compare this one to the Andida 1800mah battery and post a thread for comparison for that. I have thought many times about getting the andida battery but don't want to spend money on a battery without more juice. I have been saving for this battery for a little while now. Hopefully, I can get it soon because I do have an 1800mah battery for an Evo made by andida.
Yes, it's not the same but it could be used as a comparison for this battery...

Last edited:

funkeee

May 25, 2010
I got this battery. It's a barely noticeable improvement over the stock battery.

dj2muchxx

Jun 8, 2011
You might not have the exact same battery that I have. I bought it from their official website. Not Amazon. If you do have the same battery, did you charge it as instructed on the packaging? If you did not, then there is your problem. If you did just as instructed and it still doesn't work, and if its an exact Mugen battery, just like we have, then you may just have a defective battery.
I would post pictures but I am not allowed to post yet.

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
The review sucks; Very unprofessional, no model numbers, etc.
This sounds more like an ad than anything else.

Second, do you use SetCPU? Im a heavy user (surfing, downloading, angry birds, etc) as well and out of 24 hours about 6 Id say, the phone is idle and SetCPU kicks in downclocking it to 200mhz when the screen is off. In those conditions Ive seen the phone go down to about 60%

Third, do not tell funkeee his battery is defective. Battery life depends on so many other things such as reception, individual components, etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gooooooooooood evening every1,

I'm Antony and I will be discussing the progress and my personal review on the new 1800 mah Mugen Power battery for my HTC G2 that I bought and received yesterday.

1st of all the stock battery that it comes with when you buy it is a 1300mah battery, which for me is not enough, for I am a very heavy user of the net and I use plenty of apps and games, plus I tinker with my G2 all thee time. That battery would not last the whole day for a person such as I, unless I just use my G2 to text, then I might have some battery left at night till I need to recharge. I bought my G2 in the beginning of Jan and have had it till now which is the 7th of June. So it would be 5 months with it, and I've hated the battery from day 1 because I would use the gps nav to help me get around, and after using it my battery would just collapse in charge =( the necessity of a car charger had to come along, that's not a big deal, but I lost the damn thing. So I noticed my friend had an extended battery for his evo and I decided to search the net for a battery for my G2 ( I love saying it, its just soo damn powerful and fast, it deserves to be called by its name instead of just a phone, we all know its not just that) and I found plenty of batteries; stock, and extended. But just soo many that I didn't know which would be reliable. Then I ran into the Mugen Power batteries. I did research on reviews and what previous customers thought of their batteries. And they were all mostly well, above average, i'd say 4/5 on the scale. Only complaints I found was that they didn't last as much as the stock battery so they thought it was garbage.

Now here is my take on the battery after only 1 day of using it.
    I put it to charge for a bit over 12 hours, maybe 15, but no more than 24 for sure, as instructed on the packaging ( instructions were short and simple, nothing techy nor complicated ) and after finishing with the charge I disconnected it, and the battery begins to leak what I believe was battery acid through the back door! Can u believe that?! Nor could I! That's y it didn't happen! Haha, just kidding, as I was, I disconnected it and began using it like I normally would. I had wi-fi on, with the back light low on 25% because I was indoors, and the mp3 player was running. To add to that I went on some social networking website, and various other websites not in search of anything specific but just browsing my interests. Checked my gmail various times and last but not least, browsed the market. After a while my battery was at 75% I did the calculation and estimated that it would last 5 more hours till it hit 50%. And I was approximately correct! It went about 10 hours till it hit 50% I was impressed. The stock battery would never give me a result like that after using it like I regularly would, not even on day 1 out of the box. Now this is only from today as my 1st day of use with the 1800 mah Mugen Power battery. I will continue to use it and post my further results. I will continue to recharge the battery for at least 12 hours as instructed 3 to 5 times. I feel confident that it will give me even better results after completing the charging instructions. I believe that the unsatisfied customers that gave bad reviews might of not followed the instructions to properly charge the battery, they might of thought that it just any other battery that u just charge to 100 percent the second it reaches there and u can immediately disconnect it and use it while expecting to get the 100% charging results... well its not, let me say that they mightve been idiots that cannot follow instructions.

To wrap this up; stock battery sucks, new battery is WORKING! And with great results. Apple can kiss my ass and diamonds are forever.

If you have any questions or comments please post them here, I would like to read about your personal experience with a Mugen Power battery.

HTC G2 (1516mhz in speed!!! Be jealous!!)
    You have diamond on your ass? Lol j.k
    In seriousness, thanks for the review. I'll have a try at the new battery soon.
    The review sucks; Very unprofessional, no model numbers, etc.
    This sounds more like an ad than anything else.

Second, do you use SetCPU? Im a heavy user (surfing, downloading, angry birds, etc) as well and out of 24 hours about 6 Id say, the phone is idle and SetCPU kicks in downclocking it to 200mhz when the screen is off. In those conditions Ive seen the phone go down to about 60%

Third, do not tell funkeee his battery is defective. Battery life depends on so many other things such as reception, individual components, etc.

What crawled up his butt? Am I right? Lol
    Preliminary results are quite promising. I left the phone with the screen set to never sleep, 1700/1700 cpu and it still took 13 hours for the first discharge!

Run something like Battery Monitor Widget to see how much current the phone is drawing. An idle phone, even clocked to 1.7 GHz, won't draw as much power as one that is 100% busy. For example, with my screen on and the CPU at 245 MHz, BMW reports about 115 mA (most of that being the display). At 1.3 GHz, it draws 135 mA. At that rate, it will take about 13.3 hours to drain a 1800 mAh battery, which sounds like what you have. Try running a benchmark in a loop, while Google Navigation is active in the background (so the GPS is on). Crank the display up to full brightness, turn on wifi and Bluetooth, stream music at the same time, download large files to the phone, etc. I've hit over 600 mA at times, which means the battery will be dead in 3 hours.
    poormanq45,

Thanks.

Can you post a link on where you got this and the cost?

Also, does it fit with the standard phone back?

malloy0

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050MUSLY

They are currently showing unavailable.

Here is a single chitech 1900
    http://www.amazon.com/CHICHITEC-Bat...4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313511949&sr=1-4

Here's a 2 pack with charger:
    http://www.amazon.com/CHICHITEC-Bat...3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313512005&sr=1-3

Apparently the Chitechs are supposed to be a better brand name then the Ankers that I got. I'm showing that the Anker is giving a huge improvement over stock. So I can only figure that the Chitechs would give at least the same improvement.

Yes, the standard back fits. It snaps shut with normal force. There is a little bit of a lip on three sides. If you press on the back a little bit it'll make the lip very small.