[ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Manta - Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - JDQ39E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mmuzzy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
AOSP JellyBean 4.2.2. Official Source Build hot off the AOSP servers. This ROM is AOSP. The only files that were changed or added were to make things nicely functional. Thanks to everyone for the kind words, technical help, suggestions, and for using the ROM!

This ROM is closely related to builds I make for Toro, Toroplus, Grouper and Mako.

----------------
Features include:
- Deodexed
- Root with Superuser
- Expanded Desktop
- Quick Settings Mod (Kevdliu)
- Enhanced Power Menu (Craig Gomez)
- Power Menu Screenshot (CM)
- Play app auto restore
- Lean and fast build from AOSP

----------------
Download Links:
ROM - Download - 7/13/13
Mirror - http://d-h.st/SEB
GAPPs - Download

Goo.im

----------------
Tips
- Clean flash strongly recommended with Android 4.2!
- Turn off Currents background sync! Major lag cause in 4.2.
- To be safe, I recommend clean flashing... especially if coming from another ROM.
- If you get a status 7 error flashing a ROM, try making sure SYSTEM is unmounted in 'mount/unmount partitions' menu in recovery. Thanks to jroid for finding the tip.

----------------
Changelog:

July 13, 2013
- Patch for Bug: 8219321
- Patch for Bug: 9695860
Note: This is a security update to patch the master key and unsigned zip issues in AOSP.

April 20, 2013
- Merged with android-4.2.2_r1.2 (JDQ39E)
- Updated Superuser

April 11, 2013
- Restored missing proprietary files
- Updated Superuser

March 15, 2013
- Updated Quick Settings Tile MOD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1999125)
- Fixed Korean language dialpad (phone devices)
- init.d support

March 2, 2012
- Merged new JDQ39 posted binaries
- Merged AOSP JDQ39 device files
- removed AOSP calendar
- Koush Superuser added (open source Superuser)

February 18, 2013
- Merged 4.2.2 JDQ39
- Fixed Quick Settings MOD to work with 4.2.2
- Added in binaries for 4.2.2
- Stock 4.2.2 kernel
Note: 4.2.2 kernels should work fine with this release

February 2, 2013
- Merged/Updated to JOP40G AOSP source

January 12, 2012
- Added in remaining 4.2.1 system soundclips
- Changed default system sounds
NOTE: Most ROM changes were to phone devices

---------------
Add-ons:

adbFreedom's Circle Battery (3/1): Download

----------------
Thanks to CyanogenMod, Kevdliu, Craig Gomez, Blame2 for the banner and mcavoya for keeping me up to date. :)

----------------
ROM/kernel source found here: https://android.googlesource.com
----------------

Last edited:

404 ERROR

Jan 8, 2012
I just flashed this, so not much to say at the moment, but it works. I'll update this post as I use it more.

It'd be nice if you can get the CM10.1 keyboard. The stock keyboard doesn't allow long pressing for numbers and symbols.

Is it just me or are the keyboard clicking sounds different? Anyway, this thing is slippery fast. I like it.

I just restored back to CM10.1, but then I already missed the smoothness of this ROM. lol. Really enjoy this ROM. I hope you stay around.

Last edited:

situman

Jun 1, 2011
Didint flash this based on using all the roms available right now, the biggest issue is wifi not reconnecting after sleep. I'm currently on jellybro. It's the most stable and reliable, well some nightly releases are better than others. The available oc kernal is not entirely smooth or bug free. So if you can somehow fix or create a rom with a good custom kernal, you have something going here.

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
I just flashed this, so not much to say at the moment, but it works. I'll update this post as I use it more.

It'd be nice if you can get the CM10.1 keyboard. The stock keyboard doesn't allow long pressing for numbers and symbols.

Is it just me or are the keyboard clicking sounds different? Anyway, this thing is slippery fast. I like it.

I just restored back to CM10.1, but then I already missed the smoothness of this ROM. lol. Really enjoy this ROM. I hope you stay around.

Ok. Thanks.

Didint flash this based on using all the roms available right now, the biggest issue is wifi not reconnecting after sleep. I'm currently on jellybro. It's the most stable and reliable, well some nightly releases are better than others. The available oc kernal is not entirely smooth or bug free. So if you can somehow fix or create a rom with a good custom kernal, you have something going here.

Erm. Ok. Thanks anyway.

-----------------------------

Well I guess I'll just leave it at that then. There doesn't appear to be a need for me to hang around. Thanks anyway guys.

Reactions: Endless7

404 ERROR

Jan 8, 2012
Well I guess I'll just leave it at that then. There doesn't appear to be a need for me to hang around. Thanks anyway guys.

Any explanation as to why? I only restored back to CM10.1 cause I forgot to TB my apps before I flashed your ROM. I'm back on your ROM right now and it's pretty damn good.

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
Noooooo don't give up so quick lol. We need good devs like you for manta. I've seen your stuff for gnex and its all been good, thanks for putting this one up.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Any explanation as to why? I only restored back to CM10.1 cause I forgot to TB my apps before I flashed your ROM. I'm back on your ROM right now and it's pretty damn good.

I always feel like I'm setting up a tent in someone's living room when I go into a forum like that. So I start small and try to get a feel for it. It didn't seem like there was any lack of ROMs and I misread the couple comments I got I guess. Thanks. :)

404 ERROR

Jan 8, 2012
I always feel like I'm setting up a tent in someone's living room when I go into a forum like that. So I start small and try to get a feel for it. It didn't seem like there was any lack of ROMs and I misread the couple comments I got I guess. Thanks. :)

Well, there are definitely a lack of ROMs on the N10. There may be a total of at most 10 ROMs (and I think that number is more than there really is). The N10 is a great device that isn't seeing the developer support that I expected it to see. Yeah, it's a tablet, but I was expecting to see much more variety for a tablet that a lot people consider to be the best Android tablet on the market. So, the lack of ROMs is disappointing, and when I see a dev like you whose fantastic work I've seen on the GNex venturing in to the N10 forums, I definitely welcome it and most certainly desire it.

Your ROM will definitely help the N10 developmental and consumer community grow, so seriously stick around!

Also, I watched Muzzy in German when I was in high school. :p

Last edited:

jbdavies

Sep 3, 2010
Utah
www.sur-realphotography.com
I was so confused when I saw MMuzzy ROM in the N10 thread. Thought I had clicked on the GNex thread. Haha.

I've been running your rom on my GNex for several weeks. :) Can't wait to flash this and see how it goes.

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
Well, there are definitely a lack of ROMs on the N10. There may be a total of at most 10 ROMs (and I think that number is more than there really is). The N10 is a great device that isn't seeing the developer support that I expected it to see. Yeah, it's a tablet, but I was expecting to see much more variety for a tablet that a lot people consider to be the best Android tablet on the market. So, the lack of ROMs is disappointing, and when I see a dev like you whose fantastic work I've seen on the GNex venturing in to the N10 forums, I definitely welcome it and most certainly desire it.

Your ROM will definitely help the N10 developmental and consumer community grow, so seriously stick around!

Also, I watched Muzzy in German when I was in high school. :p

LOL! I hated that stupid green monster when I was younger. Now I just think it's funny.

Thanks for the support. I think that it'll pick up. It's a beautiful tablet and I'd rather read on one of those then the N7's screen. ;)
I was so confused when I saw MMuzzy ROM in the N10 thread. Thought I had clicked on the GNex thread. Haha.

I've been running your rom on my GNex for several weeks. :) Can't wait to flash this and see how it goes.

Hey! Another familiar face ;) It was on my mind to give the N10 a go with a ROM so when someone asked me to give it a shot I figured, what the heck.

Last edited:
Reactions: doublehoya

404 ERROR

Jan 8, 2012
LOL! I hated that stupid green monster when I was younger. Now I just think it's funny.

Thanks for the support. I think that it'll pick up. It's a beautiful tablet and I'd rather read on one of those then the N7's screen. ;)

LOL I think I've watched about two episodes or so of Muzzy. I don't remember much but I just remember that there were a royal family of mice and that evil guy who clones the princess and my God, I wasn't even sure what I was watching at that point.

And yes, the N10 screen is absolutely great. I just wish the colors were a bit more saturated (a teeny bit more), but regardless, it's a great device.

doublehoya

Jul 31, 2010
North Jersey/NYC
Hey- don't give up on us yet! I'm a big fan of your GNex rom and have been looking for something like it on the 10. Have downloaded and flashed- so far so good. Will follow-up tomorrow with any issues after i've run it for a while...

Thanks again for the hard work!

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
LOL I think I've watched about two episodes or so of Muzzy. I don't remember much but I just remember that there were a royal family of mice and that evil guy who clones the princess and my God, I wasn't even sure what I was watching at that point.

And yes, the N10 screen is absolutely great. I just wish the colors were a bit more saturated (a teeny bit more), but regardless, it's a great device.

I never saw an episode for real but the BBC language commercials taunted my youth. lol

Hey- don't give up on us yet! I'm a big fan of your GNex rom and have been looking for something like it on the 10. Have downloaded and flashed- so far so good. Will follow-up tomorrow with any issues after i've run it for a while...

Thanks again for the hard work!

Nice! Thank you.

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
:p

Anyway, I'll report any bugs if I come across one. So far everything looks good.

Excellent. Thank you.
------------------

I just notice Craig Gomez had a ROM in here. If I had seen that earlier when I was trying to decide I wouldn't have bothered. That's the ROM i'd run if I had a Nexus 10. He's helped me out countless times with all sorts of technical issues.

Last edited:

escosk8r

Aug 22, 2008
Haven't flashed yet but I'm right about to, its great to see another well known dev here on the N10 forums making us all a fantastic new ROM! I have heard only good things about you and your work mmuzzy, thanks for starting up here with us! I'm sure all us on the N10 forums will greatly appreciate your work into this build and will be excited to see future releases from you. Thanks again man!! :)

dan.kels.r

Jun 25, 2010
Okinawa
downloading now thanks for the great sounding rom. have your gnex rom on my wifes phone right now and about to rock this on my n10. im gonna wipe my internal "SD" as im being plagued with either not charging sometimes or tablet wont wake up. ive been loyally flashing PA's rom with every update and i think its time to try this bad boy out. as the others have stated, will post any discrepencies i find, if any.

brGabriel

Mar 15, 2012
South Louisiana
I'm going to flash your ROM too! It looks to be exactly what I'm looking for: clean, fast, and stable. Until I really get a feel for my new Nexus10, I'm not ready to fight with some pre-alpha, nightly ROMs at the moment. Just wanna cruise on a buttery highway for a while! Your work is appreciated, keep it up ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP JellyBean 4.2.2. Official Source Build hot off the AOSP servers. This ROM is AOSP. The only files that were changed or added were to make things nicely functional. Thanks to everyone for the kind words, technical help, suggestions, and for using the ROM!

This ROM is closely related to builds I make for Toro, Toroplus, Grouper and Mako.

----------------
    Features include:
    - Deodexed
    - Root with Superuser
    - Expanded Desktop
    - Quick Settings Mod (Kevdliu)
    - Enhanced Power Menu (Craig Gomez)
    - Power Menu Screenshot (CM)
    - Play app auto restore
    - Lean and fast build from AOSP

----------------
    Download Links:
    ROM - Download - 7/13/13
    Mirror - http://d-h.st/SEB
    GAPPs - Download

Goo.im

----------------
    Tips
    - Clean flash strongly recommended with Android 4.2!
    - Turn off Currents background sync! Major lag cause in 4.2.
    - To be safe, I recommend clean flashing... especially if coming from another ROM.
    - If you get a status 7 error flashing a ROM, try making sure SYSTEM is unmounted in 'mount/unmount partitions' menu in recovery. Thanks to jroid for finding the tip.

----------------
    Changelog:

July 13, 2013
    Note: This is a security update to patch the master key and unsigned zip issues in AOSP.

April 20, 2013
    - Merged with android-4.2.2_r1.2 (JDQ39E)
    - Updated Superuser

April 11, 2013
    - Restored missing proprietary files
    - Updated Superuser

March 15, 2013
    - Updated Quick Settings Tile MOD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1999125)
    - Fixed Korean language dialpad (phone devices)
    - init.d support

March 2, 2012
    - removed AOSP calendar

February 18, 2013
    - Merged 4.2.2 JDQ39
    - Fixed Quick Settings MOD to work with 4.2.2
    - Added in binaries for 4.2.2
    - Stock 4.2.2 kernel
    Note: 4.2.2 kernels should work fine with this release

February 2, 2013

January 12, 2012
    - Added in remaining 4.2.1 system soundclips
    - Changed default system sounds
    NOTE: Most ROM changes were to phone devices

---------------
    Add-ons:

adbFreedom's Circle Battery (3/1): Download

----------------
    Thanks to CyanogenMod, Kevdliu, Craig Gomez, Blame2 for the banner and mcavoya for keeping me up to date. :)

----------------
    ROM/kernel source found here: https://android.googlesource.com
    ----------------
    ROM Update

March 2, 2012
    - removed AOSP calendar
    ROM Updated

February 2, 2013

Very minor update mainly aimed toward the Nexus 4 but hey, shiny new build number is a shiny new build number.
    ROM Update (French Vanilla)

July 13, 2013
    just in case