Yellow tint in the lower half of screen?

Search This thread

SexyIceCream

Oct 11, 2010
Does anyone else have the same problem? Particularly obvious when you're using apps with white bg, such as the default email/contacts app...any way of resolving?

samppis

May 17, 2014
Yes, I had the yellow / red hue on the screen on my Z2. I can confirm that there are different screens on the market. I have seen two Z2 with completely normal neutral greys and two with the yellow/red hue. I returned mine and searching for a better unit...

samppis

May 17, 2014
Here is a example picture of a bad and good Z2 displays. The one on the right looks right against any other LCD.

Attachments

• z2disp.jpg
    z2disp.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 3,390

StarFcker

May 15, 2013
i have yellow tint on mine as well, just got it yesterday.

White balance was at default 0,0,0

set red > 0
green > 100-110
blue > max 255

and youll get a cool white display without yellow tint :)

corallus

May 5, 2011
In all honesty if you have to set blue to maximum to get white, something's wrong surely.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

feis

Dec 30, 2008
Yeah just out of curiosity i set mine to the numbers provided, it looks horrible, your display must be defective

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: rajaraj

samppis

May 17, 2014
In my example picture above, both screen are at 100% manual brightness, and RGB white balance settings are 0,0,0.

If it is normal that two screens are so different, the tolerances in manufacturing are horribly large. Not at all acceptable for this price level of products. I returned my yellow screen to the store and we tried to find a unit with a normal screen but it looked like all their stock was with the yellow screen. Annoying, as I have seen two perfectly good neutral screens on my friends' Z2 units.

Not sure if I should continue buying and returning in a different place or just throw in the towel and get another brand and model phone entirely.

corallus

May 5, 2011
Same here, set to quoted values screen looks dimmer and very blue.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

StarFcker

May 15, 2013
this is how my z2 screen look like when set values to default 0
is it really defective? :(

ab190a36b037b4c4bafe7d3044ad2e24.png

brightness on 65%
firmware currently running

17.1.A.2.69

my previous phone xperia z also suffered from yellow tint actually

SexyIceCream

Oct 11, 2010
this is how my z2 screen look like when set values to default 0
is it really defective? :(

ab190a36b037b4c4bafe7d3044ad2e24.png

brightness on 65%
firmware currently running

17.1.A.2.69

my previous phone xperia z also suffered from yellow tint actually

i guess it is a subjective thing...i swore i could see certain parts of the screen having yellow from time to time, but the technician at the service center said no, and my friend said no either. i must be getting old :rolleyes:

Zentheld

May 20, 2014
i guess it is a subjective thing...i swore i could see certain parts of the screen having yellow from time to time, but the technician at the service center said no, and my friend said no either. i must be getting old :rolleyes:
My screen is a bit yellow by default, but changing the white balance sorts it (nice of Sony to pop that in). To be honest I don't really notice it unless I put it next to another phone anyway. My phone was made in China and is the black model. I believe it's Phones4u stock, for what it's worth.

What is annoying though is that my screen appears to be a tiny bit askew... I noticed straight away that the front glass is, but now I'm sure the screen itself is. Will have to find the measuring tape to know for sure.

SexyIceCream

Oct 11, 2010
My screen is a bit yellow by default, but changing the white balance sorts it (nice of Sony to pop that in). To be honest I don't really notice it unless I put it next to another phone anyway. My phone was made in China and is the black model. I believe it's Phones4u stock, for what it's worth.

What is annoying though is that my screen appears to be a tiny bit askew... I noticed straight away that the front glass is, but now I'm sure the screen itself is. Will have to find the measuring tape to know for sure.

and the funny thing is, the technician told me that it was really about luck - he has TWO Z2s, one pre-prod and one post-prod, and both are perfect(he was kind enough to let me play around with em - i suppose he uses it as his personal phones)

Oh well...did a water test and my phone survived, so i guess i'll live with it(gaps,SLIGHTLY off centered camera, overheat)

Zentheld

May 20, 2014
and the funny thing is, the technician told me that it was really about luck - he has TWO Z2s, one pre-prod and one post-prod, and both are perfect(he was kind enough to let me play around with em - i suppose he uses it as his personal phones)

Oh well...did a water test and my phone survived, so i guess i'll live with it(gaps,SLIGHTLY off centered camera, overheat)

What weird factories Sony must use...

It's a shame, though, after that omnibalance advert talking about perfection.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have yellow tint on mine as well, just got it yesterday.

White balance was at default 0,0,0

set red > 0
    green > 100-110
    blue > max 255

and youll get a cool white display without yellow tint :)
    No yellow tint at all on mine.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Yeah just out of curiosity i set mine to the numbers provided, it looks horrible, your display must be defective

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2