[19/01/10][ANDROID][ECLAIR]Android 2.01 (formerly 1.6 Donut)

Search This thread

smiter

Jul 16, 2008
Dublin
last version is working fine, but little bit slow

1.how do i change ring tones? i have media folder in my internal storage, but i cant copy anything from internal storage to Android root dir.

2. youtube video is not working, its just playing sound... dint try other videos from internal storage, only mkv and its not recognized by video player

3.how do i find some settings in maps? is there any?

tvm

anyway great job, keep going ;)

jfran

Dec 10, 2004
Leeds
efundz.net
last version is working fine, but little bit slow

1.how do i change ring tones? i have media folder in my internal storage, but i cant copy anything from internal storage to Android root dir.

2. youtube video is not working, its just playing sound... dint try other videos from internal storage, only mkv and its not recognized by video player

3.how do i find some settings in maps? is there any?

tvm

anyway great job, keep going ;)

1. To change ringtones, just transfer files in winmo then select it via sound and display settings
2. not sure about youtube, all's fine my end with latest kernel downloads.
3. the menu key should get u settings options in most apps

neuro159

Aug 6, 2007
Impressive work

Have not followed "Android on Diamond" problem almost for a year (got a HTC Magic/G2) and just tested stuff presented in first post... VERY IMPRESSIVE - Phone, WiFi, Camera, Orientation sensor - and pretty fast too.

I can directly compare to same OS running on Magic hardware - and I'm very impressed, everybody involved have done fantastic job.

And looks like I'd definitely prefer this over (just tried too) WinMo 6.5 clean... Keep up the good work!..

owziee

Sep 1, 2007
EU
WOW!!! I've just updated the zimage to the one here: http://zimages.googlecode.com/svn/a...sm-android/zImage-modules-20100116_163203.tar

An incredible performance improvement!!!

Everything is very smooth and nice :) Actually I think it's even faster than SPB Mobile Shell... Now if only the camera would work and slightly better battery life, I would use this as my main OS on my Diamond and that says a lot since I prefer performance over eye candy!!!

But this android ui is so beautiful! I've noticed everything is so high contrast nice looking and all. When restarting my phone and booting into windows everything looks dull and boring again...

I have tons of windows related files and folders in my Internal Storage and I haven't formatted even once and still everything works great!!! :)

My only concern is if there's any risk that android might overwrite some windows files or folders while running?

Last edited:

owziee

Sep 1, 2007
EU
The battery drainage seems a bit less now but on the other hand I turned wifi off after downloading a few apps and games from the android market...

Also the phone doesn't run very hot anymore, which is very nice... I noticed the youtube app now plays smooth video too...

One thing that annoys me though is that I need to press harder on the screen when I'm in Android... In windows I've adjusted the pressure threshold to 240 if I remember correctly and I just need to press very very gently to get response, isn't there a way to adjust this in Android??? I guess it's harder since there's no registry in Android if I'm correct??

Also I need to ask this question again since it worries me all the time when I'm running android... Is there a posibility android will suddenly overwrite files and stuff in my Internal Storage, since I have a lot of windows files and apps and other important stuff there, I've never formatted the 4 Gig internal storage, androind still runs completely fine...

Last edited:

owziee

Sep 1, 2007
EU
Almost feels like I'm spamming here :)

I have another question... While adding photos from the gallery to contacts I get an error message when I press done/apply it. Why?
Would be nice to have pictures of my friends in the phonebook.

Any workaround?

***EDIT*** Nevermind, a softreset and launching Android again solved it... Now I can add photos :)

Last edited:

brunoavrocha

May 23, 2007
I'm trying to give a shot at this.^
It boots ok. But doesn't connect to my Wireless connection. Then when i press keyboard keys (to enter my google account) it returns to home screen.
any help????

TecHunter

Aug 20, 2008
France
WOW!!! I've just updated the zimage to the one here: http://zimages.googlecode.com/svn/a...sm-android/zImage-modules-20100116_163203.tar

Everything is very smooth and nice :) Actually I think it's even faster than SPB Mobile Shell... Now if only the camera would work and slightly better battery life, I would use this as my main OS on my Diamond and that says a lot since I prefer performance over eye candy!!!

But this android ui is so beautiful! I've noticed everything is so high contrast nice looking and all. When restarting my phone and booting into windows everything looks dull and boring again...

I have tons of windows related files and folders in my Internal Storage and I haven't formatted even once and still everything works great!!! :)

My only concern is if there's any risk that android might overwrite some windows files or folders while running?

quoted in main post, thx

jfran

Dec 10, 2004
Leeds
efundz.net

all changes are written to the data.img file so no need to worry :)

owziee

Sep 1, 2007
EU
Thanks! Now I don't need to worry, I can play with Android all day long (and night :) ).

Last edited:

killerbie

Aug 18, 2009
Antwerpen
I get an error message: Cannot open script file internal storage/default.txt
what's wrong?

okay, I got it to boot, but I get a black screen :s

Last edited:

vphk

Jun 19, 2008
Cannot set ringtone

Hello,
I reformatted Internal Storage to FAT32 and still can't select ringtone for incoming calls. When system is booting up, there is a line with " no media folder found", so I think this is the problem.
Is anybody able to select ringtone ?
Any idea ?
Thanks

NEtik

Sep 9, 2009
Hi mates!

I have a little question, all my devices see my WiFi connection, PS3.. laptop, Diamond with WM.., but my Diamond with Android doesn't see it! I see my neighbour's wifi but no mine, some suggestions? thanks :)

jfran

Dec 10, 2004
Leeds
efundz.net
Hello,
I reformatted Internal Storage to FAT32 and still can't select ringtone for incoming calls. When system is booting up, there is a line with " no media folder found", so I think this is the problem.
Any idea ?
Thanks

try playing some music then seeing if you are able to select any ringtones, and for some strange reason the no meda folder string is in the dialogue all the time.

Hi mates!

I have a little question, all my devices see my WiFi connection, PS3.. laptop, Diamond with WM.., but my Diamond with Android doesn't see it! I see my neighbour's wifi but no mine, some suggestions? thanks :)

try rebooting your router

Last edited:

figgerich

Jan 27, 2008
Hello,
Any idea ?
Thanks

I read somewhere that some special characters may stop the indexing service of android. Causing that, Android thinks there wouldn't be any music files on the storage. I found somewhere a tool, someone has written, showing all files and folders with this special characters. Because all such files and folders where in my music folder i deleted it and copied only some tracks with normal letters and no special characters in their names and well android could finally find all ringtones and these music tracks.