Don't use the new themes on 4.3 it causes bootloop

Search This thread

tico_ssa

Feb 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S9
Hi, speak from Brazil.

I'm here to warn you guys that the themes of Sony, those new (cute) themes simple put our Xperia SP to bootloop, don't use them in any circunstances.
I've made a lot of test in the firmware 12.1.0.266 and when i put any of those damn themes and turn off my phone, it justs enter in bootloop mode when i try to turn it on again.

Then i have to use SUS to recovery phone.

I'll repeat

DO NOT USE THE NEW THEMES IN ANY CIRCUNSTANCES.
UNFORTUNATELY SONY MESSED UP OUT PHONE.

just wanna warn you guys, sorry about the english.

ohmygel

May 9, 2012
What themes?i am using the amazing spider themes and it works for me except the volume can't be seen. I tried restarting my phne and still works

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

QBerto

Sep 30, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Yeah what themes are u speaking of?

I tried.... Blue Water, Clean Foggy, Color Pixel, Craftsmanship, Noir, Amazing Spider-man 2, Tri Flat, Winter Snow, Woody and no one gimme problems.... well I lost volume bar xD, but all working good
I don't know if there are 4.4 exclusive themes, that ones could cause problems in SP, I hope u're not speaking of that (I repeat, I dunnno if there are 4.4 exlcusives)...

tico_ssa

Feb 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S9
Yeaa

Yeah what themes are u speaking of?

I tried.... Blue Water, Clean Foggy, Color Pixel, Craftsmanship, Noir, Amazing Spider-man 2, Tri Flat, Winter Snow, Woody and no one gimme problems.... well I lost volume bar xD, but all working good
I don't know if there are 4.4 exclusive themes, that ones could cause problems in SP, I hope u're not speaking of that (I repeat, I dunnno if there are 4.4 exlcusives)...

Yea, at first everything was ok for me too, then, after a month my phone just don't boot to android when i put any theme that's not android's default theme.

For example:

If i put the theme Rock on or Craftsmanship or even Comic Pirate the phone works flawless, ok.... when i turn off my phone, it gets to bootloop when i turn it on again, this happens with any theme that's not android's default.
The only fix for that is using sus and wiping all data from the phone.

Sorry about the english, im just warning you, it can happen to any of you...My advice is to not use them and preven't futures headaches like i'm having losing all my data because of those damn themes.

pec0ra

Jan 29, 2012
Zürich
Sony Xperia 5 II
Yea, at first everything was ok for me too, then, after a month my phone just don't boot to android when i put any theme that's not android's default theme.

For example:

If i put the theme Rock on or Craftsmanship or even Comic Pirate the phone works flawless, ok.... when i turn off my phone, it gets to bootloop when i turn it on again, this happens with any theme that's not android's default.

Sorry about the english, im just warning you, it can happen to any of you...My advice is to not use them and preven't futures headaches like i'm having losing all my data because of those damn themes.

How many time did it happen to you?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

QBerto

Sep 30, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

For example:

oh.... that's weird indeed...

In my case I has to reboot phone a lot of times with custom themes, trying to get my volume bar again xD and nothing happened.... nor get my volume bar QQ xD
this is then another bug 4.3 related, as always, just happens in certain devices, can u share what model and what file system you have, mine is C5302 global 4.3
And you try using another tft?

tico_ssa

Feb 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S9
My Firmware

oh.... that's weird indeed...

In my case I has to reboot phone a lot of times with custom themes, trying to get my volume bar again xD and nothing happened.... nor get my volume bar QQ xD
this is then another bug 4.3 related, as always, just happens in certain devices, can u share what model and what file system you have, mine is C5302 global 4.3
And you try using another tft?

My model is the C5303, using the 12.1.A.0.266 ANDROID 4.3

Strange issue...

Davalz

Sep 10, 2013
Same problem here when I update to 4.3, but I solved the bootloop removing SIM card and starting the phone again, and after that set any stock theme. Try this! maybe it works for you

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
ya .0.266 has this problem, at first i didnt get bootloop but after a while i started getting many
latest update, .1.201 has it fixed, so u shud update