SiKai MicroFiber case for the Lenovo IdeaPad K1 Tablet case

Search This thread

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
Purchased the SiKai MicroFiber case for the Lenovo IdeaPad K1 Tablet. Delivery was within the UK and didn't take too long, about 5 days including the weekend.
I paid £15.19 delivered from Ebay UK Item number: 200647561882

The case is made from a strange type of plastic material, it's quite soft and flexible. Am kind of glad rather than faux leather. It is very thin and light, but seems sturdy enough to protect the tablet around the house. I have a 10" netbook bag that I keep it in when travelling to add extra protection.

I like it since it makes it easy to carry around with you and doesn't add bulk to it. I would say the case is lighter than my official HP Touchpad case and similar in strength, although a different material. I can only compare it to the ROOCASE Multi-Angle Leather Case and can say it is much thinner and lighter than that.

There is only one angle that the case allows for, but since it is an Android tablet you can flip the whole thing round and get a lower angle. Its fine for watching at night when streaming video so its not an issue for me.

Price wise the only options available to me at the time were the faux leather ones for about £9.99 or the official case from the Lenovo website coming in at a hefty £34.99 once you add the crazy £10 delivery charge! Not many options in the UK unfortunately but am glad I did some research and found this case.

Other things that you might notice in the photos (sorry poor camera phone ones) there is a place to put a pen, all cut outs seem correct and I love the fact that I can charge it without having the case open, also the hdmi port is free.

Not sure how long it will last but considering the few days usage of it, the minor things like the tablet can slide a tiny bit inside the case so would have preferred a tighter fit (although will try and adjust the velcro again that closes once you slip the tablet inside), the cut out by the front facing button could be a bit lower, and the magnetic clasps to be quite weak I will give this case an 8/10 and can recommend it.

Attachments

• IMG_20120207_123342.jpg
    IMG_20120207_123342.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_20120207_123406.jpg
    IMG_20120207_123406.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_20120207_123520.jpg
    IMG_20120207_123520.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_20120207_123532.jpg
    IMG_20120207_123532.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20120207_123617.jpg
    IMG_20120207_123617.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_20120207_123642.jpg
    IMG_20120207_123642.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20120207_123736.jpg
    IMG_20120207_123736.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_20120207_123831.jpg
    IMG_20120207_123831.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Reactions: twospirits

sublimee

Jul 10, 2006
great case! I bought this sikai case too and actually prefer it more than the original lenovo K1 case.

This covers all ports, and also has a great microfiber texture that is slightly grippy, while remaining smooth to the touch. does not attract dust at all and keeps the K1 snug (if it feels loose, readjust the velcro tighter).

recommended!

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
Yeh have tightened it a bit more, doesn't move as much.... Glad I chose this over the cheaper cases and the official one which was more than double the cost here in the UK.
Can't believe how dead this forum is for this tablet, going to see if there are anymore forums with more support....

viggs74

Sep 23, 2010
Just got this tab last week and love it so far. Looking for a good case but hate the leather, faux leather look.

Please let me know if you find more forums as I have looked and am surprised how little I've found....

I know of one other decent one, google "lenovo community K1"

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
Just got this tab last week and love it so far. Looking for a good case but hate the leather, faux leather look.

Please let me know if you find more forums as I have looked and am surprised how little I've found....

I know of one other decent one, google "lenovo community K1"

Cool will do.

This case is pretty good if you want something thin and light, there are stronger/more protective cases out there but they add bulk and I don't want that since I use this round the house...... Still glad I bought this case and find it better in that respect to the Roocase.....

Thanks, will google what you said.....

Janis

Jul 26, 2006
Minneapolis, MN US
Got the SiKai for my TPT. Everyting else looks bulky in comparison. It is extremely thin (I''ve tried a lot of gadget cases over the years), and although it's screamingly vinyl, it doesn't look really cheap since it fits so well. Leather like this might come off as over-the-top (not that I wouldn't probably sucker into that if I could find it). It's got the seam around the edge where it cushions a drop, and the magnetic closure on the flap is a great touch, not too powerful, but it stays closed well enough.

My gripes are with the screen cover flap: it leaves two stripes on my matte screen protector where the fold places rub off the grease I thought I cleaned off last night, it doesn't hold the tablet vertical enough to really use, and it's busy looking on the front. If I had a choice in the design, I would leave off the "stand" capabilities and leave it flat. If it's open, it's really floppy; it would be easier to manage if it were entirely rigid. I might add a hide-able tether & a knob/button so you could stand it up on its other edge more vertically instead.

All in all, for the price I paid (US$26-ish), I'm very happy with it. If Piel Frama comes up with something, though, I might check that out, if only to drool. I still love my old Wizard case, and my Advantage case from them, too. Very lovely, solid product, and they've been keeping customers happy for a long time.

Addendum: After a couple of months with it, mine is holding together just fine. I had to trim a bit of vinyl fringe, butvall vinyl does that ( it frays a bit after it's freshly cut, but after you trim it once, unless it's cut really crooked, you're done). I have noticed that after a bit of stretching from the daily+ in & out I do to use the dock, it's loose enough to partially obscure the rear camera, not to mention trying to take pics with the flap cover is a huge PITA. If I used this camera a lot, I'd be totally fed up with this case. I may also be melting a bigger hole for the speaker (whch is hard-core disappointing to begin with). All in all, though, that's it for my complaints, which is pretty rare for me.I plan on cloud storage sync and a great cam on my next phone to use the tab for pviewing,

Last edited:

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
To be fair the official HP Touchpad case does the same thing to my Touchpad so it's one of those things.

Tchitcherine

Feb 17, 2011
I use the same case for my Thinkpad Tablet, and it's the best I've encountered so far, albeit with some flaws of it's own: Some of the stitching on the inside of the cover is already beginning to fall apart after ~1 Month of usage :-/

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
Stitching has been fine on mine, maybe tell the reseller to exchange it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Purchased the SiKai MicroFiber case for the Lenovo IdeaPad K1 Tablet. Delivery was within the UK and didn't take too long, about 5 days including the weekend.
    I paid £15.19 delivered from Ebay UK Item number: 200647561882

The case is made from a strange type of plastic material, it's quite soft and flexible. Am kind of glad rather than faux leather. It is very thin and light, but seems sturdy enough to protect the tablet around the house. I have a 10" netbook bag that I keep it in when travelling to add extra protection.

I like it since it makes it easy to carry around with you and doesn't add bulk to it. I would say the case is lighter than my official HP Touchpad case and similar in strength, although a different material. I can only compare it to the ROOCASE Multi-Angle Leather Case and can say it is much thinner and lighter than that.

There is only one angle that the case allows for, but since it is an Android tablet you can flip the whole thing round and get a lower angle. Its fine for watching at night when streaming video so its not an issue for me.

Price wise the only options available to me at the time were the faux leather ones for about £9.99 or the official case from the Lenovo website coming in at a hefty £34.99 once you add the crazy £10 delivery charge! Not many options in the UK unfortunately but am glad I did some research and found this case.

Other things that you might notice in the photos (sorry poor camera phone ones) there is a place to put a pen, all cut outs seem correct and I love the fact that I can charge it without having the case open, also the hdmi port is free.

Not sure how long it will last but considering the few days usage of it, the minor things like the tablet can slide a tiny bit inside the case so would have preferred a tighter fit (although will try and adjust the velcro again that closes once you slip the tablet inside), the cut out by the front facing button could be a bit lower, and the magnetic clasps to be quite weak I will give this case an 8/10 and can recommend it.