Defect - Plastic around the screen cracking with light use.

Search This thread

TheNoticer

Dec 21, 2012
Ravensburg
AW: Defect - Plastic around the screen cracking with light use.

But I don't need the display. Raised edge is the part of the display not of the middle bezel.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 3 (Closed Beta)

Rayan

Feb 24, 2004
Baja
www.youtube.com
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Reactions: TheNoticer

TheNoticer

Dec 21, 2012
Ravensburg
AW: Defect - Plastic around the screen cracking with light use.

Yes, the bezel part comes bundled with the actual display/digitizer assembly which is kinda expensive to replace. :(

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I mean the middle part. Sorry for misunderstanding. Now should I order?

Rayan

Feb 24, 2004
Baja
www.youtube.com
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
I mean the middle part. Sorry for misunderstanding. Now should I order?

It's difficult to say if those parts are original or not, you'll have to trust the seller I guess.

Cnn.cn is a good place to buy OEM parts in my experience.

Reactions: TheNoticer

jonsmith709

Feb 8, 2010
Exeter
Poor wife and kids.. Get over it.. Stuff its just stuff... Enjoy your devices until you get a new one and that's it.. "micro scratch" pfft get a life

Tapatalking on my n7000

"until you get a new one" Have you considered the deflated trade in value caused by this issue?
This would make a substantial difference to an otherwise pristine phones value.

Last edited:

adelmundo

Oct 10, 2010
San Ramon, CA
I've had my white GNote 1 International since 2012 February and have never once dropped the phone (and it's been caseless as well). 7 micro cracks around the raised plastic around the digitizer/screen. I think due to some flex, especially when I put my phone in my back pocket, has caused it to get these cracks. Apparently the black/blue phones do not have this issue (looked at my friend's and his does not have this issue, and he has dropped it twice.

What sucks is that I'm in the US and even if I Samsung did cover this, since I have an international Note, Samsung USA won't cover it.

I love my Note 1, so much so I have a Note 2 from Sprint. My white Note 2, because it does not have a raised plastic rim around the screen, does not have cracking issues, a good move by Samsung to correct the problem.

Maybe I'll just get a Gelaskin to make the phone more nicer looking.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2011
It's difficult to say if those parts are original or not, you'll have to trust the seller I guess.

Cnn.cn is a good place to buy OEM parts in my experience.

Thanks for the reference. I just purchased the front and back casing set. Was pretty cheap. I know i have already bought it, but does this mean i will get the silver bezel part?

My white Note also has cracks, two specifically, but I'm more bothered by the silver finish coming out. Makes the phone looks real old.

I don't use a case though... Because it adds too much heft imho

hp79

Nov 14, 2007
Tigard, OR
Just an update on my Note 1. It now has 5 micro cracks.
Setting my eyes on the HTC One (all aluminum) as my next phone.

aurator

Jun 14, 2012
Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Soo, there are others with the same problem. Thank god! I thought I cracked my phone after the 5 feet drop on a pebble floor!

I too have 3 micro cracks. I guess its just the white Galaxy Notes that are affected :( No more white phones for me now....

kyleastley

Jan 24, 2011
leicester
My cracks seem to of turned into pysical pieces of plastic breaking off so be careful I have a case on my phone so it does not bother me but if and when I decide to sell my beloved note this problem would seriously depreciate the value. I'm tempted just to recycle my phone there are sone good rates knocking about at the mo highest I have seen is £185.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Dec 2, 2011
Received my casing set from cnn. Made the change last night. Voila, a new Note is born. I'm now very happy again with my Note and look forward to another year of ownership.

Just to note, the raised edge cracks run all the way in. It's not that noticeable though. The silver bezel and yellowing of the back cover were my main concern

hp79

Nov 14, 2007
Tigard, OR
Received my casing set from cnn. Made the change last night. Voila, a new Note is born. I'm now very happy again with my Note and look forward to another year of ownership.

Just to note, the raised edge cracks run all the way in. It's not that noticeable though. The silver bezel and yellowing of the back cover were my main concern

Does that oem housing/case's front cover include the thin plastic where it cracks? I would like to replace it myself if it's not too hard.
Did you buy something like this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Samsung...-Housing-Cover-Case-Parts-White-/320907541777
$26. Not bad.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was cleaning my 9 months old Galaxy Note today, and noticed micro fine cracks, (THREE OF THEM!!) around the plastic that is surrounding the screen. I never dropped it or handled it rough. It was always in a protective case, with a screen protector.
    There is a similar post for the AT&T model.

Since I got the unlocked international version through Amazon, I have no warranty support at all here in U.S. This sucks.
    If I had known about this problem, I would have never bought this phone. I am really pissed, and will not buy any Samsung phones designed this way.

I've read that Galaxy S3 also has this problem. I imagine that Note 2 will probably be the same.

You got three, that's THREE tiny cracks on your phone and you're freaking out after 9 months? Also, i have never heard of this before, so this is clearly an isolated incident. I have no cracks and i bet 99.999% of people out there doesn't have it either. Go home son, you're drunk.
    Wow, so offensive here. No I'm not drunk. Yes I know it's just a device, albeit a poor quality one. it's not a scratch, it's a real crack. A plastic piece separated into two or more pieces. Big difference there. Third, I'm not trolling so please stop trolling.

I paid $600 for a high end device, and I expect a certain level of quality with that price tag. I'm not as rich as you guys so I take care of my gadgets and use it for at least two years. I found mine having this crack after 9 months of careful use, most likely developed over time. It's just now that I found this while cleaning it.

This is not an isolated issue as I can easily find people with same issues. Here are some of the "0.001% of people" complaining about the cracks because the bad build quality/material.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-crack-appearing-front-bezel-out-nowhere.html
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/35091-hairline-cracks-on-the-sides-d/
    http://www.huzoorbux.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-burden-of-hairline-cracks_1332.html#.UMk3SYO5PzQ

Finally, a picture of one of my cracks.
    crack.jpg

I don't understand why you guys are so defensive about this.

'Not as rich as you guys' you more $ than me. Fyi I've cancer, no job, savings gone living. You start saying micro cracks, then they are bits of plastic dropping off!
    I do know how it feels when a pristine phone shows its f first mark. Your eyes are Drawn to to them. My Swiss watch has a tiny scratch. That's life. Put it in a case.

From the man in your attic...
    I bought my black note in Feb 2012. I just looked at mine with a magnifying glass, no micro cracks in mine. Little rough on one corner where my Macbook Air fell on it, what a heart attack that was. It just ripped my screen protector. I say just throw a tpu cover on it and forget about it.

White historically has issues. The HTC One X had issues with white and I remember the White HTC Vouge for Verizon had a slight cracking issue. I wonder in order to make it white they have to add too much TiO2 in and less plasticizer making it more brittle. I usually try to avoid white phones.
    Do I have to remind all users to be courteous when posting. If your going to post something don't post in a way that is demeaning to others.

If you don't have this minor issue then great. But to flame someone who does is just pathetic. Thanks for drawing attention to yourselves, I'll now keep an eye out.
    3 MICRO cracks after 9 months and you say 'do not buy' Seems totally over the top to me.

From the man in your attic...