[Q] TW 4.3 and simultaneous voice/data on 3G

Search This thread

jtnc

Dec 4, 2012
Hi all, I think I've searched applicable threads and come up but who knows.

So i've been playing with a few of the TW based 4.3 ROMs and have noticed that I do not have simultaneous voice & data anymore when the modem (ML1) is in 3G mode. Has anyone else seen this? It had worked great on 4.1.2 whether using stock TW or a custom TW ROM. I've reflashed the modem a few times and I have not seen a difference. FWIW I've noticed this on Alliance, MOAR and CleanROM for 4.3.

All other functionailty behaves as I'd expect, a few annoyances, but those are all well known.

But simultaneous voice/data in non-4G areas was one of the reasons I bought the S3, and I'm sadly leaning on reverting back to a 4.1.2 ROM to regain this ability.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what to try before flipping back to 4.1.2?

Thanks
John

jtnc

Dec 4, 2012
Well, for any who care. I rewiped the phone, reinstalled the ML1 modem, and installed Alliance 22, and now simultaneous voice/data works again on 3G. Not sure if the rewipe did it or if something is different in the ROM/kernel. But back to what I want.

Next up figuring out why Bluetooth fails to connect in the car after having played for a while and been off for a while. Short of a reboot or walking away from the car for some amount of time it's stuck. But that's another search to do for another 4.3 issue (worked great on 4.1.2). fun fun :)

John