[ROM][JB][CM10] Android 4.1.1 - CyanogenMod 10 Preview

Search This thread

Dekudan

Nov 28, 2007
This ROM has been pretty unstable for me. Screen rotate kills the tablet, occasional screen blanking.

However, the biggest annoyance is that the tab doesn't turn off. But even when you think it finally has, it's just crashed out before the bootanim. I thought it was off, but it wasted 45% battery overnight :'(

IRIE4IPIER

Feb 25, 2009
Does this have the ""Butter""code implemented? That would be the only reason I could think of to switch from my already setup AOKP ROM.

rosalesj

Jul 16, 2012
Calgary
I polished the dust off my 10.1 yesterday and threw on this ROM, wow so much better. I actually want to use my tab now. Runs supper smooth, going to run some more apps and see how it responds today. Will update my findings, if you want specific apps to be tested just shoot me a PM and I'll try to get it done.

GT-P7500

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
Does this have the ""Butter""code implemented? That would be the only reason I could think of to switch from my already setup AOKP ROM.

Yes "Project Butter" is inside JB. Why not, it is a part of Jelly Bean. But ist not so super smooth as you would expect. But for, in this Pre-Preview, smoother than any ICS Build i tried.

osama_talha

Nov 15, 2009
Frankfurt

mvniekerk

Feb 11, 2010
Johannesburg
Sluggish with SIM/3G, Television tube rolling flicker (P7500 P4)

Nice ROM!

Some (show stopping) bugs on the P4 / P7500:

Installing the recovery file listed - if you go into recovery then the screen flickers with some weird offset (just like an old television with its VSYNC out). Could also only install with the listed recovery. Upon bootup, the thing does its television flicker shortly after seeing "Galaxy Tab" (before seeing the CM mascot). When it is finished booted, putting the screen off and on forces it to sync up again, restoring vision.

This thing crawls to a halt when you put in the 3G/SIM card. Will test if it is whether it can carry data over any network (WiFi + 3G) or just whether it is 3G modem specific. Like in, throw your tablet through the window (out of frustration) type of crawling.
:eek:

osama_talha

Nov 15, 2009
Frankfurt
Nice ROM!

Some (show stopping) bugs on the P4 / P7500:

Installing the recovery file listed - if you go into recovery then the screen flickers with some weird offset (just like an old television with its VSYNC out). Could also only install with the listed recovery. Upon bootup, the thing does its television flicker shortly after seeing "Galaxy Tab" (before seeing the CM mascot). When it is finished booted, putting the screen off and on forces it to sync up again, restoring vision.

This thing crawls to a halt when you put in the 3G/SIM card. Will test if it is whether it can carry data over any network (WiFi + 3G) or just whether it is 3G modem specific. Like in, throw your tablet through the window (out of frustration) type of crawling.
:eek:

Just use the latest recovery for ur device from pershoot...
http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/
works fine for me

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

ganiman

Nov 19, 2010
This rom doesnt seem to like adb.

Code:
$ ./adb devices
List of devices attached 
????????????	no permissions

MapleSyrup

Oct 9, 2011
This rom doesnt seem to like adb.

Code:
$ ./adb devices
List of devices attached 
????????????	no permissions

As root (in your workstation) run: adb kill-server adb start-server

If you want root access, in your tablet, got to Settings > Developer options > Root access > Select "Apps and ADB" or "ADB only"

Reactions: ROB281

L33t Masta

Aug 11, 2009
Can we get a working P7500 download please? And possibly to a site that doesn't have SQL errors when I press download?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DOWNLOADS

I'm not going to build CM10 anymore, pershoot already published his experimental builds, you can find them (for all Galaxy Tab 10.1 models) here: Droid Basement

Google Apps

gapps-jb-20120729.zip

Mirror 01: gapps-jb-20120729.zip
    Mirror 02: gapps-jb-20120729.zip (thanks to kingofcomedy)
    Mirror 03: gapps-jb-20120729.zip

gapps-jb-20120717-signed.zip

gapps-jb-20120716-signed.zip

FLASH SUPPORT

Check this guide: [GUIDE] [HOW-TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Be aware, it may cause troubles with web surfing, consider this before reporting problems.

VIDEOS

CM10 Preview JB 4.1.1 Galaxy Tab 10.1 (thanks to illmatic24)

PC CONNECTION

wlaidi.jpg
    I have made a camera patch for this rom. It will only get the rear camera working. This is the first android zip I've made, but it works for me. You can get it here:

http://ganiman.com/gtab_jb_camera_update.zip

Flash with CWM or TWRP. If you try to switch to the front camera, it will cause gallery to crash and the camera app will not open anymore. Clearing data on the gallery app fixes this.
    NEW BUILDS

Wi-Fi Only (GT-P7510) -> cm-10-20120726-UNOFFICIAL-p4wifi-sig.zip

md5: 09fcdc58c83c30e8ff00e756010c0ca1
    sha1: 576e14db1493118776dbdcf1ab839f916ce042f2

Wi-Fi+3G (GT-P7500) -> cm-10-20120726-UNOFFICIAL-p4-sig.zip

md5: 32fff488ffb32126bc5255e2e866da5b
    sha1: fe42a4b7cdb43536268fe06009b1add083ebcc42

Google Apps: gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip [source]

This are the last builds of CM10 from me. pershoot is (very soon) going to upload testing builds, and this builds are virtually the same thing, I think there's no need for redundancy. Besides, for several reasons, is better to get them from the source (in this case, pershoot).
    i know its off topic but any chance u have started working on 4.2 already? :) saw tat 4.2 is being pushed to AOSP. in ur opinion does our tab support 4.2?

this tab will support 4.2.

when it is integrated within CM, then it will be in all builds from that point.
    So it sounds like BT audio is the only major issue at this point, which is great. Glad the mic/video now work simultaneously.

What issues are you working on before you'll call it a public release candidate?

there will be no public RC from me, per se. CM10 is not even at RC stage (to my knowledge; but not aware of all devices under the umbrella). when ive squashed the majority of the stuff, ill put builds out for public use (on DB) for playing with (probably this week). Then upload source changes in to CM and get nightlies going for this tab for all variants (probably after the android bbq).