[Discussion] Galaxy S4 Bloatware

Search This thread

NoOneCanHelpMe

Jun 12, 2010
UK
i got 9505 amd dont have Auto unlock zone, quick glance. in camera no 360 and cine photo...wtf samsung. not happy

Jaax

Nov 18, 2010
Paris
If I remember correctly it's in the Lockscreen Settings->advanced

gsmarena_006.jpg

Hi Kremata,

could you please post the Auto Unlock Zone apk here ?

Thanks

Oct 19, 2013
i dont know why but all the smart stuff doesnt work for me.it doesnt matter if i switch on smart stay and smart pause, the screen still gets shut no matter if i watch the screen or not, even when the s4 is in a very good illuminated room and it lies on a table.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody,
    Our newest superphone the Galaxy S4 is full packed with cutting edge technology hardware but we already know that. But what about the so called “bloatware”. The S4 come with a series of new features to enhance the user experience and make the phone more than just a phone. Many of those features are at an early stage and may seems not so useful for the moment, but remember that it is often the case with new software. We all remember the quote from Ken Olsen CEO of Digital Equipment Corporation in 1977
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home.

Which one is your favorite one? Which one do you think you will use the most? etc..

Features List (it’s a first draft, please notice me if I forgot some)

Auto unlock zone
    You can add several "home" Wi-Fi networks and the lockscreen will be disabled when the Galaxy S4 hooks up to one of them. This way you can have a secure PIN lockscreen outside and a quick unlock at home or the office

(EDIT: Looks like a lot of devices are missing this feature. In the mean time you can use HOME UNLOCK for free from the market.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDEsImNvbS5zdGtkZXZsb3BlcnMuaG9tZXVubG9jayJd)

Quick glance
    It uses the proximity sensor to detect you reaching for the device and it lights up the screen that shows the time, missed call and message counters, battery charge and music track info.

Multi-window
    It runs two apps side by side on the screen. You can adjust the division line giving one app more space. Only compatible apps can be used with Multi-window, for now that means mostly the ones that come preinstalled on the phone.
    Note: Samsung is probably blocking apps on purpose since mods exist on the SGS3 forum allowing any apps to use Multi-window.

Air View
    There's no need for the S Pen on the Galaxy S4 anymore - the phone can detect your finger hovering over the screen. This enables information preview (e.g. SMS text, calendar entry text and so on), previewing videos just by pointing to a spot in the timeline, the next track in the music player by hovering over the next button (works with previous button too), previewing folders, speed dial contacts, and magnifying links in web pages. Air view detects fingers 1cm / 0.5" away from the screen, so there's no danger of accidentally tapping the screen when you wanted to use Air View instead.

Air Gestures
    You can use this to scroll web pages in the browser (vertical waves), switch between tabs (horizontal waves), move between tracks in the music player and photos in the gallery, accept a call and move app shortcuts and S Planner events.
    Air Gestures can detect your hand up to 7cm (just under 3") and might prove useful in some situations.
    Who will use this? Former iphone user who looking to look cool.

Smart Stay
    Prevents the screen from locking as long as the front-facing camera can see your face (great for reading).

Smart Rotate
    Uses the orientation of your face rather than accelerometer info to decide how to rotate the screen.

Smart Scroll
    It allows you to scroll up and down by tilting the phone as long as you're looking at the screen. In effect, it's an accelerometer based scroll that prevents accidental scrolling by making sure you're paying attention to the screen.

Smart Pause.
    It uses the front-facing camera to track your face and will automatically pause the video when you look away. Look back and the screen and the playback continues.

Camera Modes
    The camera interface is based on the Galaxy Camera.
    There are two virtual shutter keys (still and video) on the right, plus a mode button. Modes are picked from a carousel with descriptive images and text. At the bottom there's an up arrow for color effects - the cool thing is that all effects do a live preview, Samsung is really showing off the chipset's processing power here.
    Dual shot mode
    Snaps a photo with both cameras and presents them picture-in-picture style (think video call). You can move and resize the image from the front-facing camera that's taking a photo of you
    360 photo mode
    One of the rarest camera modes. It creates a spherical panorama like you see in Google Street View. (There's a regular panorama mode as well.)
    Sound & shot mode
    It snaps a photo and records a few seconds of background audio, which really gives photos an ambience.
    Cine Photo mode
    To have motion in your shots you can create cinemagraphs.
    Eraser mode
    Snaps a burst of photos and automatically detects moving objects and removes them. This is great for popular tourists attractions as it's quite difficult to get a photo of those without at least one person walking into your shot.
    Drama mode
    It takes multiple photos of a moving subject and creates multiple "clones" of it.
    **3D Movies & Still
    This is rumour to come in a future upgrade

Group Play
    It shares various multimedia across multiple devices in the same room but unlike DLNA it's interactive.
    One use case is to play a music track on the Samsung Galaxy S4 and use multiple phones as speakers. You can pick the role of each phone (e.g. left channel, right, all the way up to surround sound). This way you can control the music from one phone but use the loudspeakers of all
    More useful are the options to share a picture or a document - you can have the same picture appear on everyone's phone and you can draw over it if you need to highlight a certain element of the image. Imagine this in a business meeting

Multiplayer games
    Finally, it allows for multiplayer games to be played on several phones simultaneously. Of course, only supported games work
    Samsung also introduced its new game controller.

attachment.php

S-Link
    Unlike Group Play, S-Link is intended for personal use. You can link the phone to a computer that is synced with Dropbox, SkyDrive or SugarSync and remotely access content on that device.

S Voice
    Can be used to:
    Initiate a call,
    Dictate text,
    Take pictures,
    Play music,
    Open an app,
    Change a setting,
    Make a memo (including voice memo),
    Add a reminder,
    Schedule an event,
    Set an alarm or timer,
    Check the weather,
    Do a search on the internet,
    Look for local listings (e.g. nearby restaurants)
    Answer to a question.
    Some features are available outside of S Voice, set the Galaxy S4 to answer a call or snooze an alarm by voice commands even when S Voice isn't running.

S Translator
    It can translate between two languages using either typed text or by using speech recognition. It can read out the resulting translation too, if you don't thing your Korean accent can cut it. S Translator supports all the widely-spoken languages - English, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Japanese and, of course, Korean. S Translator can be invaluable when traveling

This app can work together with Photo Reader, which employs Optical Character Recognition so you can just snap a photo of the text instead of having to type it in (which can be quite a challenge, imagine typing Chinese if you've never studied it).Photo Reader can read the text for you and sent it to S Translator

IR remote control functionality.
    The app can control TVs, DVD and Blu-ray players, streaming media players and air conditioners. Devices are organized by rooms.

The app knows some home setups are messy - some let you change channels with the TV remote, others require you to use the set-top box remote for that. Same for the audio, you might be using the TV to output the sound or an AV receiver. The app will ask about your setup and present a unified remote control interface even if you have multiple hardware remotes to control all the devices.
    I can already see the practical jokes you can do with this.

S-Health
    Will track your steps, stairs climbed, and the ambient temperature and humidity, plus track your food intake and estimate calories consumed/burned. You can even track sleep with an optional accessory. There’s a wristband you can wear independently of the phone (in case you prefer running without it), which will track your steps and monitor the quality of your sleep. It will then sync wirelessly with the app. There’s also a connected scale and heart rate monitor.

So let’s discuss about these new features. I can see many aplications for most of these features in daily life. A lot of these features will unleash
    their true power when combine with multiple phone.

<- A little thanks is aways appreciated;)
    I think I'll actually use most of those features except multi window. I love the auto unlock feature. And I'm definitely getting a game pad when it is released

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using xda premium
    I think I'll actually use most of those features except multi window. I love the auto unlock feature. And I'm definitely getting a game pad when it is released

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using xda premium

Yes I'm surprised Samsung didn't talk much about the game pad, It looks awesome.
    anyone have the bloatware list for att s4? i want to remove any many bloatware i don't like without mess up the stock rom
    anyone have the bloatware list for att s4? i want to remove any many bloatware i don't like without mess up the stock rom

Here's what I've disabled, then removed so far. I put back the basic digital clock and wallpaper pickers as I lost the lockscreen clock. I left AllShare.... as some part of it is needed for wifi direct.
    Obviously my status is 'custom' :)

package:/system/app/Match3VS.apk=air.com.playplus.canimalMatch3VS
    package:/system/app/Chrome.apk=com.android.chrome
    package:/system/app/BasicDreams.apk=com.android.dreams.basic
    package:/system/app/PhotoTable.apk=com.android.dreams.phototable
    package:/system/app/FaceLock.apk=com.android.facelock
    package:/system/app/MusicFX.apk=com.android.musicfx
    package:/system/app/NoiseField.apk=com.android.noisefield
    package:/system/app/PageBuddyNotiSvc2.apk=com.android.pagebuddynotisvc
    package:/system/app/PhaseBeam.apk=com.android.phasebeam
    package:/system/app/Eraser.apk=com.arcsoft.demo.piclear
    package:/system/app/BeautyFace.apk=com.arcsoft.flawlessface
    package:/system/app/PicAction.apk=com.arcsoft.picaction.app
    package:/system/app/AnimatedScene.apk=com.arcsoft.picmovie
    package:/system/app/BestFace.apk=com.arcsoft.picturesbest.app
    package:/system/app/Blurb.apk=com.blurb.checkout
    package:/system/app/Com2usPoker_ASGC.apk=com.com2us.c2sholdem.normal.freefull.samsungapps.global.android.samsung
    package:/system/app/DioDict3Service.apk=com.diotek.diodict3.service
    package:/system/app/Dropbox.apk=com.dropbox.android
    package:/system/app/MobilePrintSvc_Epson.apk=com.epson.mobilephone.samsungprintservice
    package:/system/app/FmmDS.apk=com.fmm.ds
    package:/system/app/Books.apk=com.google.android.apps.books
    package:/system/app/Magazines.apk=com.google.android.apps.magazines
    package:/system/app/GMS_Maps.apk=com.google.android.apps.maps
    package:/system/app/PlusOne.apk=com.google.android.apps.plus
    package:/system/app/MediaUploader.apk=com.google.android.apps.uploader
    package:/system/app/GoogleFeedback.apk=com.google.android.feedback
    package:/system/app/talkback.apk=com.google.android.marvin.talkback
    package:/system/app/Music2.apk=com.google.android.music
    package:/system/app/GoogleTTS.apk=com.google.android.tts
    package:/system/app/Videos.apk=com.google.android.videos
    package:/system/app/MobilePrintSvc_HP.apk=com.hp.android.printservice
    package:/system/app/ChocoEUKor.apk=com.monotype.android.font.chococooky
    package:/system/app/CoolEUKor.apk=com.monotype.android.font.cooljazz
    package:/system/app/DroidSansSherifItalic.apk=com.monotype.android.font.droidserifitalic
    package:/system/app/RoseEUKor.apk=com.monotype.android.font.rosemary
    package:/system/app/SamsungSans.apk=com.monotype.android.font.samsungsans
    package:/system/app/SimServicePermission.apk=com.orange.authentication.simcard.permission
    package:/system/app/Samsungservice.apk=com.osp.app.signin
    package:/system/app/Episodes.apk=com.samsung.android.app.episodes
    package:/system/app/SphericalMosaic.apk=com.samsung.android.app.sm
    package:/system/app/StoryAlbumWidget.apk=com.samsung.android.app.storyalbumwidget
    package:/system/app/SmartBriefing4x2.apk=com.samsung.android.widgetapp.briefing4x2
    package:/system/app/GroupPlay_20.apk=com.samsung.groupcast
    package:/system/app/PhrCloudService.apk=com.samsung.health.phr
    package:/system/app/InteractiveTutorial.apk=com.samsung.helphub
    package:/system/app/Collage_fhd.apk=com.sec.android.app.collage
    package:/system/app/SamsungGames.apk=com.sec.android.app.gamehub
    package:/system/app/SamsungApps_J_Only.apk=com.sec.android.app.samsungapps
    package:/system/app/SamsungAppsUNA3.apk=com.sec.android.app.samsungapps.una2
    package:/system/app/SHealth2.apk=com.sec.android.app.shealth
    package:/system/app/SNS.apk=com.sec.android.app.sns3
    package:/system/app/SecWallpaperChooser.apk=com.sec.android.app.wallpaperchooser
    package:/system/app/CloudAgent.apk=com.sec.android.cloudagent
    package:/system/app/DropboxOOBE.apk=com.sec.android.cloudagent.dropboxoobe
    package:/system/app/WeatherWidgetDaemon.apk=com.sec.android.daemonapp
    package:/system/app/sCloudBackupApp.apk=com.sec.android.sCloudBackupApp
    package:/system/app/sCloudBackupProvider.apk=com.sec.android.sCloudBackupProvider
    package:/system/app/sCloudDataRelay.apk=com.sec.android.sCloudRelayData
    package:/system/app/sCloudDataSync.apk=com.sec.android.sCloudSync
    package:/system/app/sCloudSyncCalendar.apk=com.sec.android.sCloudSyncCalendar
    package:/system/app/sCloudSyncContacts.apk=com.sec.android.sCloudSyncContacts
    package:/system/app/sCloudSyncSBrowserBookmark.apk=com.sec.android.sCloudSyncSBrowserBookMark
    package:/system/app/sCloudSyncSBrowserTabs.apk=com.sec.android.sCloudSyncSBrowserTabs
    package:/system/app/sCloudSyncSNote.apk=com.sec.android.sCloudSyncSNote
    package:/system/app/sCloudQuotaApp.apk=com.sec.android.scloud.quota
    package:/system/app/HealthContentProvider.apk=com.sec.android.service.health.provider
    package:/system/app/CHS_J_Device_only.apk=com.sec.android.widget.samsungapps
    package:/system/app/AccuweatherPhone2013.apk=com.sec.android.widgetapp.ap.hero.accuweather
    package:/system/app/YahoonewsPhone2013.apk=com.sec.android.widgetapp.ap.yahoonews
    package:/system/app/YahoostockPhone2013.apk=com.sec.android.widgetapp.ap.yahoostock.stockclock
    package:/system/app/DigitalClock.apk=com.sec.android.widgetapp.digitalclock
    package:/system/app/DigitalClock21.apk=com.sec.android.widgetapp.digitalclock2x1
    package:/system/app/DualClockDigital.apk=com.sec.android.widgetapp.dualclockdigital
    package:/system/app/WebManual.apk=com.sec.android.widgetapp.webmanual
    package:/system/app/MobilePrintSvc_Samsung.apk=com.sec.app.samsungprintservice
    package:/system/app/ChatON_feature.apk=com.sec.chaton
    package:/system/app/SamsungLearning.apk=com.sec.msc.learninghub
    package:/system/app/MusicHubAUv220_signed_1189.apk=com.sec.musichubau.android
    package:/system/app/AllSharePlay15.apk=com.sec.pcw
    package:/system/app/PCWClientS.apk=com.sec.pcw.device
    package:/system/app/SamsungBooks.apk=com.sec.readershub
    package:/system/app/SPPPushClient_Prod.apk=com.sec.spp.push
    package:/system/app/TripAdvisor.apk=com.tripadvisor.tripadvisor
    package:/system/app/Flipboard.apk=flipboard.app
    package:/system/app/Peel.apk=tv.peel.samsung.app