[Q] Reboot loop on GT-I9000M

Search This thread

Raahul

Feb 23, 2014
I'm trying to upgrade my phone from Froyo to Gingerbread - stock only. I flashed using Odin and the Samsung drivers installed, but the phone refuses to boot up, continually stuck in a reboot loop. How do I fix this?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1796807

I'm using the files from here, specifically

i9000M Upgrade or Downgrade GB 2.3.3 UGKG3 ROM + UGKG3 Root & CWM + 512 PIT Ideal base for upgrading to ICS and JB

I was on Froyo 2.2. How do I flash these files using only Odin? Is that enough to fix this endless loop, or do I have to flash back to stock Froyo,
which I can't find for the GT-I9000M.

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
I'm trying to upgrade my phone from Froyo to Gingerbread - stock only. I flashed using Odin and the Samsung drivers installed, but the phone refuses to boot up, continually stuck in a reboot loop. How do I fix this?

I'm using the files from here, specifically

i9000M Upgrade or Downgrade GB 2.3.3 UGKG3 ROM + UGKG3 Root & CWM + 512 PIT Ideal base for upgrading to ICS and JB

I was on Froyo 2.2. How do I flash these files using only Odin? Is that enough to fix this endless loop, or do I have to flash back to stock Froyo,
which I can't find for the GT-I9000M.

try flashing the dbdata.rfs file in Odin3 as PDA, file attached in [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat

Raahul

Feb 23, 2014
Trying to figure out odin

Thanks for the suggestion. Right now I'm attempting this fix.

I've just downloaded this file and done the following in Odin.

Pit -> 2010512.pit
CSC ->CSC_BMCKG3.tar.md5
PDA -> PDA_UGKG3_Sbl.tar.md5
Phone -> PDA_UGKG3_Sbl.tar.md5

I'm not sure what to do with the rooted CWM kernel file. Does that come in play after flashing Stock GB, as I'm setup to do now?

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Thanks for the suggestion. Right now I'm attempting this fix.

I've just downloaded this file and done the following in Odin.

Pit -> 2010512.pit
CSC ->CSC_BMCKG3.tar.md5
PDA -> PDA_UGKG3_Sbl.tar.md5
Phone -> PDA_UGKG3_Sbl.tar.md5

I'm not sure what to do with the rooted CWM kernel file. Does that come in play after flashing Stock GB, as I'm setup to do now?

you flash the CWM & Root Kernel after the gingerbread ROM has booted , only if you intent to flash a custom ROM, if not you can use device as is.

Reactions: Raahul

Raahul

Feb 23, 2014
Upgrading stock GB to CWM and root

you flash the CWM & Root Kernel after the gingerbread ROM has booted , only if you intent to flash a custom ROM, if not you can use device as is.

Ok. After following your linked guide, I finally have a working gingerbread stock ROM. But I am now hungry for more! MORE I say.
How do I flash the CWM & Root kernel? Is it select PDA and open the KG3-CWM-Kernel.tar file. Auto-reboot and F.reset the ONLY things ticked off. Is that enough to give me a nicely rooted phone?

And after that how do I get to the newest Android that runs well on this phone?

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Ok. After following your linked guide, I finally have a working gingerbread stock ROM. But I am now hungry for more! MORE I say.
How do I flash the CWM & Root kernel? Is it select PDA and open the KG3-CWM-Kernel.tar file. Auto-reboot and F.reset the ONLY things ticked off. Is that enough to give me a nicely rooted phone?

And after that how do I get to the newest Android that runs well on this phone?
yes, just follow the gingerbread guide in
pinned.png
[Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat
and after that follow the guide step by step to where you want to go.

Raahul

Feb 23, 2014
CM 10.2 works on GT-I9000M?

yes, just follow the gingerbread guide in
pinned.png
[Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat
and after that follow the guide step by step to where you want to go.

Do I have to be striclty sequential, GB ->ICS -> JB, or can I go direct from GB-> JB? I would love to get to Cyanogen Mod Jelly Bean, which I assume works on GT-I9000M. Can I use the CM 10.2 for Galaxy S on the Canadian phone or not?

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Do I have to be striclty sequential, GB ->ICS -> JB, or can I go direct from GB-> JB? I would love to get to Cyanogen Mod Jelly Bean, which I assume works on GT-I9000M. Can I use the CM 10.2 for Galaxy S on the Canadian phone or not?
Generally, I advice members the safe path, in order to avoid complications, so yes its advisable to go from GB > ICS > Jellybean . You can jump from GB > Jellybean and depending on ROM, you could lose your IMEI, that's why my guide advises you to backup your efs folder first. To avoid problems, its GB>ICS>JB. up to you.

So read the tutorial fully and do the needful first before you attempt to flash.

second thing is, you are using UGKG3 modem ( meant for bell Canada) . as such, if your reception is not good after the upgrade you need to flash this modem on top of the ROM, you had chosen to get the same reception.

Top Liked Posts