[TOOL](ROOT)(RECOVERY) i545 all-in-one root + recovery installer Updated 7-8-13

Search This thread

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
No you havent. Inside the folder you downloaded open MDK reboot your phone to download. You can do that by ooening run me again and choising reboot download. Run that odin. Itll out you back to stock. Then try rebooting your pc and try again

Ok I opened MDK, used RUN_ME.bat to reboot to download...once in "downloading" area I hit Start in MDK. Everything seems normal again.

The build number is JDQ39.I545VRUAMDK...that the stock build?

aldread

Apr 8, 2009
Atlanta
Sorry, I cant paste it in, to Quote:

LOADING FILES AND PREPARING TO SEND

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
Usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t type] device directory
[+] Loki validation passed, flashing image.
[+] Loki flashing complete!
Almost Finished.

Finished rebooting into CLOCKWORKMOD Recovery!
Have a Nice Day!
Have a Nice Day!
error: device not found
Press any key to continue . . .

Thanks I appreciate your help!

bhp090808

Jan 23, 2012
Sebring
Sorry, I cant paste it in, to Quote:

LOADING FILES AND PREPARING TO SEND

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
Usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t type] device directory
[+] Loki validation passed, flashing image.
[+] Loki flashing complete!
Almost Finished.

Finished rebooting into CLOCKWORKMOD Recovery!
Have a Nice Day!
Have a Nice Day!
error: device not found
Press any key to continue . . .

Thanks I appreciate your help!

Reuploading tool now should be fixed

Reactions: aldread

bhp090808

Jan 23, 2012
Sebring
Ok new link is up cwm problem should be fixed

Sorry I dont have a verizon s4 so I only know somethings wrong when ya'll tell me lol

J.Guido85

Mar 23, 2011
Buffalo
Will this also create a custom recovery? If not, Can someone post a link on how to do a custom recovery and flash a rom once it's rooted?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BHP090808 PRESENTS

I545 ALL-IN-ONE TOOL ROOT + RECOVERY INSTALLER

**READ READ READ AND READ AGAIN**

DO NOT RUN IF YOU ARE ON NEW ME7 OTA UPDATE!

This tool was created to simplify the rooting and recovery installation on this device. The rooting method used is the same method already posted in this development section. I just put all the resources into a tool and provided easy to follow instructions. The root process is not a one click. You must read instructions in tool window for each step of the rooting process. It is very straightforward and easy to follow, but you must follow the instructions exactly. Once rooting is complete all other steps are one click features including recovery installation.

Make sure you have latest samsung drivers installed. I recommend downloading Samsung Kies, It will automatically download latest drivers for you. Make sure unknown sources is checked and USB Debugging is enabled or the tool will not see your phone. Also make sure you do not have any pw or pattern lock screen enabled. As soon as you start step 1 check your phone screen. You will see a prompt to authorize your computer. Select ALWAYS ALLOW. This is the cause of the majority of errors. Also the usb cable that came with your s4 is recommended. If you are having issues with odin recognizing your phone check drivers and try using a different usb port. If using a desktop I recommend using the rear usb ports. Prep step (#2) removes install-recovery.sh and KNOXAgent.apk from your phone. These have been known to cause unwanted errors.

If when rebooting from recovery you are prompted with a message advising root may have been lost would you like recovery to fix it? I have always chosen NO and had no issues.

I do not offer support on either recovery or any rom you flash after this process. Check their respective threads for any and all information. Links to both recovery threads are included as options in tool.

I've included latest CWM (credit OUDHS & Shabbypenguin) and TWRP (credit Team Win). The rooting method and kernels used were provided by sextape. The step by step root process from open1your1eyes0. The motochopper exploit was created by the legendary djrbliss. Also a big thanks to djrbliss for Loki, without which none of this would be possible. Make sure to find these fine folks and give thanks, money, beer, your first born..... whatever you see fit.
    I'd also like to thank niv3d, an21281, CraziiChief and all of my other testers. I'd also like to thank my wife and kids for leaving me alone while I worked on this. Mirrors are ok, just pm me the link to list in the OP.

Hope this makes someones life easier.... Have a nice day!!!!

Instructions:
    Download zip file
    Unzip on desktop
    Connect phone with USB debugging enabled
    Click RUN_ME (inside unzipped folder)
    Pick option and go!!
    Have patience it takes a few for cpu to see phone after reboots and in Odin
    dont disconnect phone until process is complete

If stock start with option 1
    If already rooted start with option 2 then choose recovery

Download-
    I545 All-In-One Tool

https://mega.co.nz/#!I1c1jTBY!GCtdvXRoeXiCRNgjXge3CA9UZ3FIBtHf-m2_kQCr3BI

Mirror-

http://db.tt/1wpdewwY

Dont forget to hit the thanks button and rate thread 5 stars:D:thumbup:
    And if youd like to buy me a beer I wont complain :D:beer:

Thanks for the beer list::beer:
    (Donations Received)
    yamaharider
    Michael Oconnell
    SolemnSinner
    Mills23
    Eric Lee
    Artiepea
    JNava420
    Footbaggin
    Charles Uniman
    Updated 5/30
    oudhs cwm is now 1.0.3.5

Updated 5/31
    Fixed script typos
    (Thanks scrosler)

Updated 6/1
    Added to prep script
    Added additional instruction script

Updated 6/3
    Fixed script typos
    (Thanks opethfan89)

Updated 7/8
    TWRP updated to 2.6.0.0
    revyja8e.jpg
    ok i have an issue i accidentally closed tool after it rebooted into download mode, what can i do ?

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Please someone help im sitting here in download mode and im not sure what to do, i restarted tool but i was just about to flash kernel with odin and accidentally closed tool.

Don't panic if you're in download mode (aka ODIN mode) and you see that ominous warning on the screen of your S4, "DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET" or whatever it says. DON'T PANIC!

Just because you see the warning there doesn't mean the phone and computer are actually doing anything at that moment. The point is to not interrupt the communication in the middle of an opperation the same way you don't yank out a USB flash drive right in the middle of copying a bunch of files. Wait till the file copy is done then yank the drive, no big deal. The warning on your phone is just a default screen in ODIN mode and doesn't signify that anything has happened or that the phone has even been connected to a computer.

SO... If something wrong happens with the use of this all-in-one root tool and you're sitting there with the warning screen on your phone and nothing happening on your computer it's ok to disconnect your phone and use the power button to reboot.

Keep in mind that this all-in-one root tool doesn't do anything that you can't do step by step on your own. So if the process gets interrupted what you really need to figure out is what was the last step to be completed. That's where you can pick-up and finish the process on your own if you have to.

Worst case scenario, you can always use Kies to completely wipe your phone and reinstall everything from the ground up.

Don't panic! Serously.

(Darn near crapped my pants when I had the same problem. After figuring things out I understand the process better and realize there was never any need to panic.)
    If people would just post the info, the next group won't have to wait for the info...

So for the people who don't, can't, or won't search: Here's all the info you need if you screwed up your phone.

If you can get into Odin mode (volume down + power @ a power off state) download the appropriate package for what you need to accomplish. if you locked up in mdk, grab mdk. if in me7, grab me7.

If you were on mdk and messed up a recovery install or kernel install download the mdk kernel odin package or the mdk recovery Odin package.

the all in one root and recovery package below only works on mdk.

the root exploit for me7 does not include a custom recovery. no flashing mods or roms.
    VRUAME7 is impervious to previous root and bootloader bypass methods. Proceed at your own discretion.
    I have not yet delved into the files to see exactly what is included here over MDK. A few users have reported Apps2SD being included and a change in phone status that now displays a "Secure Boot Status Field" in addition to the SELinux Status field.
    Linky: http://invisiblek.org/sch-i545/SCH-I545_VZW_1_20130613171315_24s13crny1_fac.zip
    MD5: 622956872fa0083188beab3a78a21b1c
    Special thanks to invisiblek for the space to host this!
    ME7 root exploit:
    **Note** even with root you still can't get a custom recovery and therefore cannot flash roms or mods
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2380325

All things MDK:
    separate Odin packages for anything you could have messed up. both in tar and Odin executables.
    http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Devices/Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon) (SCH-I545)/

All in one MDK root and recovery tool:
    BHP090808 PRESENTS

Instructions:
    Download zip file
    Unzip on desktop
    Pick option and go!!

Download-
    I545 All-In-One Tool

https://mega.co.nz/#!I1c1jTBY!GCtdvXRoeXiCRNgjXge3CA9UZ3FIBtHf-m2_kQCr3BI

Mirror-

http://db.tt/1wpdewwY
    Enjoy

sent from my vzw MIUIv5 gs4

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

For the people who don't, can't, or won't search: Here's all the info you need if you screwed up your phone.

If you can get into Odin mode (volume down + power @ a power off state) download the appropriate package for what you need to accomplish. if you locked up in mdk, grab mdk. if in me7, grab me7.

If you were on mdk and messed up a recovery install or kernel install download the mdk kernel odin package or the mdk recovery Odin package.

the all in one root and recovery package below only works on mdk.

the root exploit for me7 does not include a custom recovery. no flashing mods or roms.
    VRUAME7 is impervious to previous root and bootloader bypass methods. Proceed at your own discretion.
    I have not yet delved into the files to see exactly what is included here over MDK. A few users have reported Apps2SD being included and a change in phone status that now displays a "Secure Boot Status Field" in addition to the SELinux Status field.
    Linky: http://invisiblek.org/sch-i545/SCH-I545_VZW_1_20130613171315_24s13crny1_fac.zip
    MD5: 622956872fa0083188beab3a78a21b1c
    Special thanks to invisiblek for the space to host this!
    ME7 root exploit:
    **Note** even with root you still can't get a custom recovery and therefore cannot flash roms or mods
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2380325

All things MDK:
    separate Odin packages for anything you could have messed up. both in tar and Odin executables.
    http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Devices/Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon) (SCH-I545)/

All in one MDK root and recovery tool:
    BHP090808 PRESENTS

Instructions:
    Download zip file
    Unzip on desktop
    Pick option and go!!

Download-
    I545 All-In-One Tool