[Q] Deleted App with Titanium

Search This thread

Fanaticalism

May 9, 2013
My Buddy wanted me to debloat his T-Mobile S5 so I went ahead and did the usual but I accidentally uninstalled an antivirus app that had administrative rights and now there is a ghost app in his drawer. I did not bother creating a backup as I had no intentions of reinstalling it. I know I can hide the app using xposed framework but wanted to delete it entirely.

Thanks.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
I did not bother creating a backup

Always make a backup. Taking shortcuts like that put your friend's data at unnecessary risk and caused your current problem.

You didn't give is any details of whether Titanium is able to cleanup the mess? If not, then try fixing it by reinstalling the antivirus so that it is then stable enough to uninstall in the conventional manner.

Last edited:

Fanaticalism

May 9, 2013
have u tried to reinstall the app?
The play store recognizes the app as still installed and only gives me the option to deactivate the app. When I do that it force closes.

Always make a backup. Taking shortcuts like that put your friend's data at unnecessary risk and caused your current problem.

You didn't give is any details of whether Titanium is able to cleanup the mess? If not, then try fixing it by reinstalling the antivirus so that it is then stable enough to ininstall in the conventional manner.

Agreed on the shortcuts.

I was not aware that titanium may be able to clean it up. I'll research it. As far as the app goes, I responded to that above.

Thanks to the both of you

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
The play store recognizes the app as still installed and only gives me the option to deactivate the app. When I do that it force closes

If the phone is rooted or if you temporarily root it, you can delete the antivirus app with a file explorer (or from the commamd line).