..:: [ROM WM 6.5.3|23563][WWE][10.06] Benko's Ultra Lite & Clean ROM v2.4 ::..

Do you use MMS

• Yes, often

Votes: 88 15.1%
  • Yes, but really rarely(once a month or rarely)

Votes: 178 30.5%
  • Nope

Votes: 317 54.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

bytemybits

Jan 26, 2006
Me too on the ActiveSync issue. Also when I use SPB MS and try to change the background image nothing shows in the file browser that MS calls (I don't know what it's calling).

I hope these can be fixed 'cause I'm pretty impressed with what's installed and the speed.

j.samkit

Feb 28, 2009
ActiveSync Error

I'm also having the same active sync issue. I searched around and found this solution in one of the threads:

"atzaus, I have this problem since 21221 on my Atom Exec. I came to the conclusion that coredll.dll in the xip is the culprit, because of my old drivers and native 6.1 kernel. So I got hold of the coredll.dll from 21502 and build an xip for 21231 and am having no problem with activesync since."

Link to thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=517168

I don't know how to implement this. Benko, please see what you can do here.

Apart from this, great job with this rom, simple love the speed and ram utilization.

Soxiz

Jul 8, 2008
AHEN D6p had a similar problem with active sync not working. It was solved by downgrading the Jbed Java version. I have no idea if its the same problem, but though it might help you. On AHEN D6p the error that active sync gave was:
0x80004005 which translate to "Synchronization failed due to a device software error. Contact your network administrator."

Hope this can help you Benko. Nice work with the new rom, i hope you get the active sync fixed.

PeeZzz

Jan 27, 2010
Hi Benko, tried your rom. Love it because it's ultra lite indeed. Unfortunately I have the Active Sync problem as well. I simply can't set it to sync with an Exchange server (I use it to sync with m.google.com)

Jul 21, 2009
Lisbon
Active Sync Solution ETA

Hi guys,
What is the outlook of the active sync issue? Is version 1.5 working with active sync? Looks like I will have to downgrade until this is resolved. Other than that great work with the ROM

bytemybits

Jan 26, 2006
Here's the error I get:
Exchange ActiveSync has encountered and error. If this condition persists, please contact your Exchange Administrator.

Support code: 0x80180001

j.samkit

Feb 28, 2009
Here's the error I get:
Exchange ActiveSync has encountered and error. If this condition persists, please contact your Exchange Administrator.

Support code: 0x80180001

Exactly the same issue with me. Its casued by HTC connection setup that makes some registry changes causing activesync to mess up.

0x80180001
This code is associated with a registry change made on the phone that affects the network used to sync. Symptoms of this problem are that the phone syncs fine up until some point, then this code is seen constantly. The phone will not contact the sync service once the code appears. Usually the onset of this code is associated with running an application that attempts to "optimize" the phone's communication configuration. Applications known to cause the problem are: Fring, GPRSWizard. The only known cure at present is to factory reset the phone.

Last edited:

jamesworts

Jan 10, 2010
Hi all,

I have just installed this rom, however i want marketplace and i cannot seem to get it to install. any ideas?

thanks

benko286

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 2, 2008
Croatia, Zagreb
Exactly the same issue with me. Its casued by HTC connection setup that makes some registry changes causing activesync to mess up.

0x80180001
This code is associated with a registry change made on the phone that affects the network used to sync. Symptoms of this problem are that the phone syncs fine up until some point, then this code is seen constantly. The phone will not contact the sync service once the code appears. Usually the onset of this code is associated with running an application that attempts to "optimize" the phone's communication configuration. Applications known to cause the problem are: Fring, GPRSWizard. The only known cure at present is to factory reset the phone.
So activesync works after hard reset?

oduis

Mar 3, 2009
Hi Benko,

Thanks for the tip with the image replacement as workaround for the background-cannot-be-changed problem, it worked.
ActiveSync (Windows7/Office2007) works great for me, maybe the windows mobile builds are optimized for the new Win7 Mobile Device Center?
BTW: One cool new (was there in Win 6.1) feature: the touchscreen scroll in HTML-like documents (e.g. single posts in RSS Reader and other apps using PocketIE as document viewer) works for the first time in Win 6.5 again.
Only one little problem found: Solitaire (installed from cab) won't even start.
Apart from that: fast and stable, cool!

benko286

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 2, 2008
Croatia, Zagreb
Hi Benko,

Thanks for the tip with the image replacement as workaround for the background-cannot-be-changed problem, it worked.
ActiveSync (Windows7/Office2007) works great for me, maybe the windows mobile builds are optimized for the new Win7 Mobile Device Center?
BTW: One cool new (was there in Win 6.1) feature: the touchscreen scroll in HTML-like documents (e.g. single posts in RSS Reader and other apps using PocketIE as document viewer) works for the first time in Win 6.5 again.
Only one little problem found: Solitaire (installed from cab) won't even start.
Apart from that: fast and stable, cool!
Hmmm interesting, so on Win7 it works, which version of wmdc are you using?:)

oduis

Mar 3, 2009
Hm, for the guys having problems with ActiveSync: Did yout you try to toggle the ActiveSync "Enable advanced networking functionality" in Settings-Connections-USB2PC?
I now have it switched on without problems, but it works wonders sometimes to disable it.

igoen

Aug 26, 2006
Garmin is not working with this ROM. It keep freezing after installation.
Anybody experience the same issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    low resolution start menu icon

I installed Benko Clean v1.5 and with great surprise I noticed that the start menu icons are low resolution.
    Why?