[Q] bash breaks init.d

Search This thread

Vincent F.

May 25, 2014
Hi,

I wanted to have bash as standardshell, so I replaced /system/bin/sh with a symlink to bash. That worked pretty well except it didn´t load the configuration file. So i replaced it with this script:
Code:
#!/system/bin/bash
exec /system/bin/bash --rcfile /etc/profile

this works correctly, but it seems to break init.d support. At least it no longer mounts my second sdcard partition (for link2sd).
does anybody no how to fix this?

cheers,
Vincent

Lgrootnoob

Oct 1, 2012
Dallas
Hi,

I wanted to have bash as standardshell, so I replaced /system/bin/sh with a symlink to bash. That worked pretty well except it didn´t load the configuration file. So i replaced it with this script:
Code:
#!/system/bin/bash
exec /system/bin/bash --rcfile /etc/profile

this works correctly, but it seems to break init.d support. At least it no longer mounts my second sdcard partition (for link2sd).
does anybody no how to fix this?

cheers,
Vincent

i think its because you replaced a binary with a script and init.d fed code straight to the binary. whereas the script you replaced it with has no entry point for the init.d code.

Vincent F.

May 25, 2014
i think its because you replaced a binary with a script and init.d fed code straight to the binary. whereas the script you replaced it with has no entry point for the init.d code.

Thanks, that solved it. for all with the same problem heres the code:
Code:
#!/system/bin/bash
exec /system/bin/bash --rcfile /etc/profile $*

cheers,
Vincent

Reactions: Lgrootnoob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks, that solved it. for all with the same problem heres the code:
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/bash
    exec /system/bin/bash --rcfile /etc/profile $*

cheers,
    Vincent