HTCDev.com Unlock Hangs

Search This thread

icy1899

Sep 18, 2009
Worcester, MA
Are you sure that you're correctly in fastboot when trying to run the unlock bin? You need to pull the battery, power on with Vol Down + Power, it should bring you to the hboot. There will be a menu with options (fastboot, recovery, reboot, a couple others) that you can scroll through. Highlight fastboot (I believe it's the top one and highlighted by default) and press power. This should change the menu options shown at the bottom. If I remember correctly, the picture during the HTC dev walkthrough is a picture taken while in fastboot. You need to run the unlock fastboot command while on that menu screen.

Yep I am definetly in fastboot mode. I guess I will just wait on the HTC Escalation team to respond to me. My girlfriend just got her replacement device I will try unlocking that. It will at least confirm if its device or computer

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

icy1899

Sep 18, 2009
Worcester, MA
Quick Update for you all

I just unlocked 2 other Rezounds succesfully using the exact same procedure that failed on my device, worked flawlessly. Seems that my phone is just a bag of dicks.

icy1899

Sep 18, 2009
Worcester, MA
Another update for you all, I spoke with HTC tech support again, tthey said it seems like a manufacturing defect but that they don't replace phones and I should contact VZW. I called vzw and told them what hTC said, and that as aa software developer it is detrimental to my livelyhood ti not be able to unlock my phone. I have a replacement device in the mail and should have it on Tuesday.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Zap4ick

Jan 27, 2011
Minsk
oh, i have the same issue... This is sad if it's manufacturing defect.
anyway, i've seen a couple of mentions of this problem. no solved :(

Basecamp88

Jan 5, 2013
I know this is almost a year old thread, but I encountered this same error recently and fixed by switching to a full powered USB2 port as opposed to a 5v USB hub/laptop usb.

Reactions: adamparsons

adamparsons

Feb 14, 2015
I understand that this thread is a little olde but I just found it really useful.

I too was experiencing this problem. I then switched usb ports on my computer and that seemed to fix everything.

Thanks everybody for the insight!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know this is almost a year old thread, but I encountered this same error recently and fixed by switching to a full powered USB2 port as opposed to a 5v USB hub/laptop usb.
    Use a direct USB port to avoid fastboot hanging when unlocking

I chased this problem for hour and as Basecamp88 correctly noted that you must use a direct USB connection to our laptop or PC when flashing or modding your phone!