Are you going to sell your Z1 and get a Z2?

Are you going to get the Z2?

• Yes, I'm moving on to the Z2

Votes: 49 19.8%
  • No, I'm sticking with the Z1

Votes: 199 80.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

jonmorris

Apr 22, 2012
Hatfield, UK
www.jmcomms.com
I think the Z3 will be announced around september and released on october

Would make sense, but then it obviously means that the 'Z4' won't be able to be released at CES or MWC 2015 as it will then be far too short a time - so what event could they use to launch that? Or indeed what event to launch the Z2? I wonder if Sony will go back to having its own events?

Of course, my personal opinion is that Sony needs to be moving towards annual releases, and filling the time between with new Ultra/Compact variants.

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
Would make sense, but then it obviously means that the 'Z4' won't be able to be released at CES or MWC 2015 as it will then be far too short a time - so what event could they use to launch that? Or indeed what event to launch the Z2? I wonder if Sony will go back to having its own events?

Of course, my personal opinion is that Sony needs to be moving towards annual releases, and filling the time between with new Ultra/Compact variants.

Not exactly cause if they release in october its still 6 months after april and 6 months before april so it fits with their 6 month flagship upgrade cycle

And at those events like CES or MWC all they do is announce the device

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
Actually, it might just work, but it's cutting it fine!

It rules CES out, which is fair enough, and MWC is a week later next year - but it still doesn't change my personal view!

I agree with your point, Sony should have annual flagship releases like they have with their other products

But releasing a flagship every 6 months also means that Sony ALWAYS has a top spec device to compete with all other releases on a particular year, maybe that's why they like it

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

jonmorris

Apr 22, 2012
Hatfield, UK
www.jmcomms.com
I agree with your point, Sony should have annual flagship releases like they have with their other products

But releasing a flagship every 6 months also means that Sony ALWAYS has a top spec device to compete with all other releases on a particular year, maybe that's why they like it

I like regular releases as I work in tech, and get to review them - so it keeps me busy. But I also review things with the consumer in mind, and I do wonder if Sony loses as many sales as it gains - simply because, like it or not, many people don't like spending loads of money on something only to find it is superseded a few months later.

Sure, we all know that there's always something new around the corner. Sure, we know the device will still do everything it originally did before you knew there was a new phone (or laptop, or TV). But, that doesn't change the fact that some people will just prefer to go to Apple, Samsung, HTC etc and have something that is still the top model for as long as possible.

Clearly Sony thinks it's a good strategy and if time proves it with Sony gaining loads of market share because the some people who get upset are less than the some that don't care one bit then I'll shut up, but I do think Apple and Samsung has the right idea.

Still, as long as Sony is releasing a new flagship every six months then I think I'll probably end up getting it - even though common sense tells me to wait for the 'big' update in the autumn, which will have all of the Z2 features, a new SoC, new camera and much more.

Reactions: negrobembon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't believe people when they say the Z2 isn't an upgrade over the Z1.... Who are they really fooling ? Its is a great upgrade!! IPS screen, dual stereo speaker a bigger battery, 3 gigs of ram, updated 801 processor, better front facing camera.... Are you still sure it isn't an upgrade?

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
    I probably will lol :p but I'm a dev so I wanna have newest device to develop for :) but I won't abandon Z1 though ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

I like regular releases as I work in tech, and get to review them - so it keeps me busy. But I also review things with the consumer in mind, and I do wonder if Sony loses as many sales as it gains - simply because, like it or not, many people don't like spending loads of money on something only to find it is superseded a few months later.

Sure, we all know that there's always something new around the corner. Sure, we know the device will still do everything it originally did before you knew there was a new phone (or laptop, or TV). But, that doesn't change the fact that some people will just prefer to go to Apple, Samsung, HTC etc and have something that is still the top model for as long as possible.

Clearly Sony thinks it's a good strategy and if time proves it with Sony gaining loads of market share because the some people who get upset are less than the some that don't care one bit then I'll shut up, but I do think Apple and Samsung has the right idea.

Still, as long as Sony is releasing a new flagship every six months then I think I'll probably end up getting it - even though common sense tells me to wait for the 'big' update in the autumn, which will have all of the Z2 features, a new SoC, new camera and much more.
    Hell no. I don't see any major upgrades that could justified the change.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    Sony makes new flagships all the time... perhaps i will wait a couple of flagships before i buy another one :)