[Guide] N7000 ICS 4.0.3 ZSLPF Install + Root + SuperSU

Search This thread

cad_2011

Apr 14, 2011
Melbourne
N7000 ICS 4.0.3 ZSLPF

Root instruction

• Download the Files first and put in your SDCARD [CWM zip][ SU-Busybox-Installer.zip][ SU-Uninstaller-signed.zip]
  • Reboot to recovery.
  • Choose apply update from external storage. (use vol up/down to select, power to enter)
  • Choose CWM.zip and wait until CWM recovery appear.
  • Choose install zip from sdcard or external SD(Now use touch function to select choice)
  • Choose and Install SU-Busybox-Installer.zip
  • Reboot
  • You are done and now your device is Rooted

followed this method, "root"ed successfully. successfully install CF kernel using mobile odin too.

however when i start TB, it prompts for root, granted... and stuck at "asking for root rights".

sutekidane

Jun 15, 2010
Macau SAR
followed this method, "root"ed successfully. successfully install CF kernel using mobile odin too.

however when i start TB, it prompts for root, granted... and stuck at "asking for root rights".

I had the exact same problem as you before. Then I reflashed everything with PC ODIN from scratch less the CF-Root Kernel and everything was alright. Since CWM.zip and SU-Busybox-Installer.zip already granted root access, it was enough to run TB and restore.

incisivekeith

Jan 27, 2009
Mobile Odin can't flash bootloader. So don't have new bootloader.
You can flash only bootloader with PC odin (just select bootloader file with bootloader tab, leave rest of blank) N flash.

Are you dont have both application SuperUser as well SuperSU ?
remove superuser.
OR
Re root as per said in OP, flash SuperSU zip

But I do have wife issue :p. B'coz i am quite busy on XDA since y'day :D
Anyway wifi issue noticed with CF kernel only. I think changing channel solve it.

As I have mentioned in another thread in the dev section, my wifi is extremely slow now and changing channels didn't help. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks.

Edit: I just reflashed the ROM following the directions from the OP, and I still have slow wifi. What a downer!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Thanks, I flashed the new ROM by following exactly the instructions posted in the OP. For the record I had a stock LPY ICS (German) ROM which was rooted with an odexed ROM.

I rooted the new LPF ROM, but I don't see the new touch version of CWM. I did see it when I flashed busybox, but later when I went to recovery, I see the stock recovery. What's going on there?

Any idea why I don't see the new flashed recovery which is touch-based? And, the link to SU eventually links to Google Play, so how do we get the SU zip file dr. ketan mentions to flash?

Last edited:

gurnishdhillon

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto
Dr. Ketan ..Bootloader or not?

Hello Dr.
Wish you are well...

Been reading about whether the new bootloader shud be used while using PC Odin or not...I see u have used it in ur OP .

Care to help me understand please whether we shud be using the new bootloader while using PC odin or not ...This is for now and also for any future releases and the effect an old vs new bootloader can have on them ....
I am on LPY unrooted right now and want to remain unrooted ...

As always ,,thanks for your help and responses...

WOLF26915

Jul 19, 2011
Hicktown
Hello Dr.
Wish you are well...

Been reading about whether the new bootloader shud be used while using PC Odin or not...I see u have used it in ur OP .

Care to help me understand please whether we shud be using the new bootloader while using PC odin or not ...This is for now and also for any future releases and the effect an old vs new bootloader can have on them ....
I am on LPY unrooted right now and want to remain unrooted ...

As always ,,thanks for your help and responses...

I did everything that Dr. Ketan said to do in the OP including the bootloader except the rooting part and it went great the phone is running great no issues at all so far, but that's my experience just to let you know. Oh I was on LPY unrooted to and still unrooted

Last edited:

gurnishdhillon

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto
I did everything that Dr. Ketan said to do in the OP including the bootloader except the rooting part and it went great the phone is running great no issues at all so far, but that's my experience just to let you know. Oh I was on LPY unrooted to and still unrooted
Thanks WOLF26915 for ur input ...
Actually my worry is not this current LPF but future released ROMS since the experts were mentioning something about not using the new bootloader etc etc....

mancuk29

Mar 22, 2007
Manchester
I loved the german ics but it was too buggy so went back to gb. i wsnt to try this but worried about fladhing new bootloafer in case of any issus can it be changed back?

Also im in uk will changing modem affect my uk sim use?

Do u have to root or can u just leave it stock i dont want to void my warranty (or should i say i wojld liks to try root but too scared of things going wrong)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

vpsupun

Mar 6, 2012
Colombo
I've lost CWM Recovery after reboot (after installing busybox+su and didn't flash CF-Root yet). any method to get touch CWM Recovery again (Permanently) ?

mancuk29

Mar 22, 2007
Manchester
Just anyone to tell me re modem and do i need to root and im good to go :) thanks for help so far

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

incisivekeith

Jan 27, 2009
As I have mentioned in another thread in the dev section, my wifi is extremely slow now and changing channels didn't help. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks.

Edit: I just reflashed the ROM following the directions from the OP, and I still have slow wifi. What a downer!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Any idea why I don't see the new flashed recovery which is touch-based? And, the link to SU eventually links to Google Play, so how do we get the SU zip file dr. ketan mentions to flash?

I flashed the LPT modem with no improvement in wifi, so it's not the modem, it seems. I am still looking to find the cause of this issue, so if you have any thoughts, please share. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

I've lost CWM Recovery after reboot (after installing busybox+su and didn't flash CF-Root yet). any method to get touch CWM Recovery again (Permanently) ?

I experience the same.

chantik

Mar 15, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
I think stock rom will overwrite custom recovery to stock recovery when device reboot. So CWM that OP provide is temporary recovery.
I use DellStreak 5 before ... that have to rename/delete/move file call install-recovery.sh in folder /system/etc to make sure custom recovery didn't overwrite again and again by stock recovery.
So ... someone that already on stock LPF , try to find /system/etc/install-recovery.sh then try to rename it with eg install-recovery.sh.bak (just in case if not work , you can revert back to original one), and then flash again CWM.zip
Try to reboot 2 or 3 time to check if it work.

Last edited:

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Hey Doc,

So is it better to avoid CF kernel? Just follow N7000 ICS 4.0.3 ZSLPF installation instruction plus root instruction?

Also what did you mean by changing channel solved it?

setting - wifi - menu - advanced
change frequence band If you find error in wifi connectivity.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    N7000 ICS 4.0.3 ZSLPF
    Download from here

Extract file contains below mentioned files.

File selection goes like this

CSC - GT-N7000-MULTI-CSC-OZSLPF.tar.md5
    Phone - MODEM_N7000XXLR1_REV_05_CL1144476.tar.md5
    Bootloader- N7000_APBOOT_N7000ZSLPF_CL558430_REV02_user_low_sh ip.tar.md5
    PDA - N7000_CODE_N7000ZSLPF_CL558430_REV02_user_low_ship .tar.md5
    Pit for 16GB - Q1_20110914_16GB.pit

attachment.php

Root instruction

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1329360

CF Root kernel
    Flash using Mobile odin

Now Install TB (If you have backup) and restore user application.

Note : How to select English (First time it will start in chinese language. Who are unfamiliar to language, this will help
    - Press menu key - Last option(setting)
    - scroll down N find 'A' character keyboard symbol (14th)
    -select first option
    Now you can see English(US) select it.
    there is no issue to keep using ICS except avoid wipe data/hard reset N use minimal recovery function.
    Since long i dont found any brick on latest ICS
    Hey Doc,

So is it better to avoid CF kernel? Just follow N7000 ICS 4.0.3 ZSLPF installation instruction plus root instruction?

Also what did you mean by changing channel solved it?

setting - wifi - menu - advanced
    change frequence band If you find error in wifi connectivity.
    Thanks for quoting the whole post with the image.
    Follow all the instructions above Root Instructions if you don't wanna root.
    corrected it .,,,
    NO, Dont use.
    This is very old thread, though i have update it now.
    Read this
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1329360