[Q] MobileDock keyboard problem

Search This thread

Medulla_Oblongata

Apr 16, 2009
Since a week ago I've been getting a really weird and annoying problem with the mobile dock keyboard. When I try to type it gives me weird combinations of numbers and letters, also some of the keys don't work either. The touchpad as well as the USB port work fine.

I've already tried to get the dock battery drained, then fully charged, reset the tablet several and also did a factory reset today. Nothing seems to help. As a last resort I opened up the dock hoping to find some sort of connector not plugged correctly or some other visual indication of something broken but everything seems fine.

I'm running a stock 4.2.1 ROM and the MobileDock version is DOCK-EC20N-0207.

In the attached image you'll see the result of the alphabet and the numbers 1 to 0.

I've searched all over xda and Google but no solution or similar problem. Help? :crying:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-21-03-02-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-21-03-02-25.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 99

Medulla_Oblongata

Apr 16, 2009
Ouija board to summon the demons out? I got nothing :(

Lol, if only I had a ouija board. I do have a sledgehammer though :confused:

Btw, I found a DOCK-EC20N-0207.rom somewhere. Any idea how I can get my TF300T to reinstall this? I currently have TWRP 2.5 installed on it right now, still figuring things out but I suspect that TWRP can do this for me?

edit: I'm beginning to think that there is no cure for my docking station and that it has a hardware issue rather than a software/firmware issue. Out of frustration I wiped *everything* using TWRP, then uploaded a stock Asus 4.2.1 firmware, put back TRWP 2.8.0.1 on it, wiped cache/dalvik once more. But no luck ... still jibberish when typing using the docking station.

I'll leave this for new years eve to cover this thing in firecrackers.

Last edited:

th3cr0w

Nov 24, 2012
there was a thread about dock not working at all - solution was to open the keyboard and make sure that ribbon connector is firmly in its place.
I am not sure if it is phisically possible to plug it reversed (or off by some pins) but that might be causing your issues.

Either this or that robbon got cut and some lines inside it are not really working now.

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Free mobile app

Medulla_Oblongata

Apr 16, 2009
there was a thread about dock not working at all - solution was to open the keyboard and make sure that ribbon connector is firmly in its place.
I am not sure if it is phisically possible to plug it reversed (or off by some pins) but that might be causing your issues.

Either this or that robbon got cut and some lines inside it are not really working now.

I've seen that post and no that was not the solution to my problem. Mine started out of the blue (tablet or docking station never got dropped or hit), plus I still opened it up to check all of the connectors for any sign of cuts, disconnecting, possible dust (which is not possible due to the way these are built, lol). It's also impossible to plug the cables back in reversed anyway. My keyboard is sort of functioning (in a scrambled kind of way) unlike the other guys problem which wasn't working at all.