Anyone found a decent stylus?

Search This thread

RangerJay

May 4, 2011
Is anyone using a stylus with the A100? There are times I would prefer writing or tapping things out with a stylus instead of my finger.
I tried this stylus because it actually claimed to work with the Iconia Tab when I bought. But it was unusable and I sent it back. (I could pretty much get a lighter touch and more accuracy with my fist.)

So is it the nature of the screen that a stylus won't work well? Or did I just pick a bad stylus?

jschall

Dec 30, 2009
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec
So is it the nature of the screen that a stylus won't work well? Or did I just pick a bad stylus?
My experience with two different styluses (neither of them is your model) is that they are:

1) - inaccurate - impossible to hit a precise point on the screen.

2) - choppy - cannot draw a continuous straight line in a drawing program.

So for me, a stylus is a complete waste of money. $40 in my case :(

Last edited:

mitchsamuels

Jul 12, 2009
Faribault
Personally, I think it's the screen.

I bought a $10 stylus, and it sucked on it.

Then I helped fund the "Cosmonaut" stylus on Kickstarted, so I got one of those for free, and it is absolutely incredible, but it doesn't work on the A100. It is choppy when I draw, like it isn't always conducting.

But when I use it on my phone, or on my sister's iPad, it works flawlessly.

That's why I think it is the screen.

rando152

Jan 24, 2012
anyone find a working one?

Hi all curious if anyone found a working stylus? I use adobe touch and a working stylus would make my life tons easier? Can anyone confirm if the screen is the real issue? Thanks!

pakisan

Jan 30, 2012
I purchased the Acer stylus official, I must say it is quite accurate, and with the right pressure can make almost a straight line. But the screen is a bit 'too sensitive, should be calibrated.

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
Is anyone using a stylus with the A100? There are times I would prefer writing or tapping things out with a stylus instead of my finger.
I tried this stylus because it actually claimed to work with the Iconia Tab when I bought. But it was unusable and I sent it back. (I could pretty much get a lighter touch and more accuracy with my fist.)

I haven't used many. Most look very bulbous and are enough money that I haven't been willing to try one. The only Stylus I have purchased are the cheap little ones for the Nintendo DS. I payed $4 for a 3 pack of them. They are TINY, but they telescope so you can have one in your change pocket and forget its even there. They have a fine tip but not all that soft. what I like is I can use it to pin-point click small buttons and links easily with them. For less then $1.50 each I like them allot.

I use a cheap Inland Bluetooth mouse at home. It was less then $15 at Fry's and works fine with our device. It makes a nice sort of a remote when watching movies on the TV and the mouse pointer works great for controlling the interface. The scroll wheel works wonders to navigate lists. It also has yet to use up the first pair of AAA batteries I put in it a few weeks ago.

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
I haven't used many. Most look very bulbous and are enough money that I haven't been willing to try one. The only Stylus I have purchased are the cheap little ones for the Nintendo DS. I payed $4 for a 3 pack of them. They are TINY, but they telescope so you can have one in your change pocket and forget its even there. They have a fine tip but not all that soft. what I like is I can use it to pin-point click small buttons and links easily with them. For less then $1.50 each I like them allot.

I use a cheap Inland Bluetooth mouse at home. It was less then $15 at Fry's and works fine with our device. It makes a nice sort of a remote when watching movies on the TV and the mouse pointer works great for controlling the interface. The scroll wheel works wonders to navigate lists. It also has yet to use up the first pair of AAA batteries I put in it a few weeks ago.

Hi sudo

Do the styli from the 3ds actually work with the A100 then? I tried my DS lite styli but they didn't work at all, didn't think they would, I sld my 3DS a long time ago so can try with one of them at the moment

Sent from my A500

maek_it_happen

Sep 2, 2009
I bought one at the source for 10$ works great on all my devices

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using XDA

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
Hi all,

I'd like to start a bit of a revival in this thread as I'm really craving a decent stylus right now, for a long time I was an expensive fountain pen and notebook guy, still am for some things, but since ICS and me being used to my tablet on my person it's so useful, but I can only type so quickly on a touch screen that I miss shorthand.

Here is a link that surfaced for the iPad, it has a great gamut of styli, http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/10/2925937/best-stylus-ipad-review

I'm wondering what the cosmonaut is like with ICS and build.prop modifications, have you tried this mitch?

Magnesus

Mar 7, 2011
Some small village
For writing consider Adonit Jot - it has some problems (skipping) but they are easy to fix (free replacement discs or conductive greas or... toothpaste) - you will find more on Asus Transformer forum, there is a guy from Adonit answering all questions too.

Reactions: toyface

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
For writing consider Adonit Jot - it has some problems (skipping) but they are easy to fix (free replacement discs or conductive greas or... toothpaste) - you will find more on Asus Transformer forum, there is a guy from Adonit answering all questions too.

Thanks for the tip, I've read that the adonit is the most precise by far, so perhaps this could be a good choice, I can buy them over here in the UK too :)

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.